Bug reports (4 separate issues) - sc6000s and x1850

I’m running 2 x sc6000s and an x1850 mixer. Sc6000s are on 2.2.2 and mixer is 1.6. I have an SSD installed on player 1 which also runs soundswitch via a control one. The players are connected via the digital inputs usually, in a BAAB format using ports 2 and 3 on the X1850 (although I have tried many other ways)

1st issue, the bars showing beat alignment are doing weird things. On player 2, both bars are moving even though only one player and layer is active. The bars are not in time nor on the same beat. I uploaded a video of this to the Denon DJ facebook group

2nd issue, if the track stop time dial is left on the slow setting, it will default to fast when the player is rebooted. It needs to be turned back to fast, then returned to slow in order to be able to achieve the slow stop time (I found out the hard way unfortunately)

3rd and main issue, If I only have one SSD or USB connected between the 2 players on the network, Engine lighting will do exactly what it is meant to do, playing the appropriate scripts. As soon as a second source is connected to either player, each track played after this time will only play autoloops and not scripts (sometimes not responding to tracks at all). If the 2nd drive or player is disconnected, it will revert to playing scripts as it should. I have been working with Liam from Soundswitch on this one for some time (months) and I have come to the conclusion that this is an Engine issue rather than a Soundswitch issue

My X1850 was at the Soundswitch office for testing for a while and they could not replicate this issue but they were only using a single source. My preference is to have an SSD in each player and a USB for back up if needed. At the moment, using Engine lighting is only an option if there is only ever one source being plugged into the decks and/or via the mixer network. Very occasionally, for no apparent reason, things work as they should, probably 5% of the time

4th Issue - some Soundswitch data and icons will not show up in Engine desktop, I suspect after other tags such as Genre have been edited. If exporting the Soundswitch data via sync, these tracks will not have a light show attached. If the project is exported via Soundswitch then they will play their appropriate scripts. Currently there is no way in Engine Desktop that I know of to “refresh” the tracks so they rediscover their light shows

Any help on any of these issues would be appreciated

Hello @Hitman

So maybe we can add some light to the issues You have:

1. Bars move the same on deck that is a SYNC LEAD - (MASTER).
  • The bars are attached to the beat grid. If the beat grid is not aligned properly, then bars will be off beat too. To fix that You need to go to engine dj and check the tracks for wrong beat grid aligment.
  1. This is a known issue and as far as I know, they will fix it in one of the newer updates.

2. I don’t have a x1800/1850, so I can’t replicate Your ocnditions. On a single SC6000 and prime 4 it works fine.

3. I will try to replicate this in my engine dj. Maybe I can see what is really happening. So far I exported only from Sound Switch, so can’t be sure about Engine Dj.

Maybe more users will help further with Sound switch issues…

Hi there, thanks for the response. For the first issue, the sync isn’t engaged and the beat grid is aligned as it should be for the track, check the attached video. Layer B hasn’t been engaged or loaded on either deck

Good day to you all,

as @NoiseRiser posted:

1. Bars move the same on deck that is a SYNC LEAD - (MASTER).
  • The bars are attached to the beat grid. If the beat grid is not aligned properly, then bars will be off beat too. To fix that You need to go to engine dj and check the tracks for wrong beat grid aligment.

This is the never ending story, beside other members of DENON’s community, I posted more than once regarding this weakness / malfunction of Engine DJ / OS.

In my opinion it is nearly impossible to beatmatch properly only by beatgrid and not to rely on your DJ’s ears with this :

E.g. If you adjust the beat (red bars) in the intro, the whole beatgrid will be moved and it will be correct for some cadences …

When you reach the outro (or any other point) the beatgrid may be improper. So you try to adjust the beatgrid at this point as well. The whole beatgrid will be moved again.

The result is that what you amended first, is now improper again, even if you drop anchor in Engine DJ (OS ain’t available). So you can amend as often as you will, the beatgrid is playing ping pong.

—> try to adjust “HotCues” or “Loops” :innocent:

For completeness you may pls be so kind as to have a look at the following posts, and if you like, pls. be so kind as to vote:

https://community.enginedj.com/t/flexible-beatgrid-ability-to-set-a-manual-downbeat/36984/2

https://community.enginedj.com/t/beat-grid-question-with-2-4-cut-time-shifts-in-a-song/42788

https://community.enginedj.com/t/cue-points-on-prime-4/43032

Phps. some day DENON staff will take care for this …

Brgds

BeatMaster

This would be better on four seperate but report forms rather bundled together on one free text post not covering the questions that the big report form covers.

Someone could easily post “yea me too” to this or “that happens to me but only when … “ and no one would know which of the 4 queries that person is replying to, or supplying extra definition to.

2 Likes

I understand what you’re saying and I agree, but this is not what’s happening in this case. There is only one track playing and the beat grid is perfect and unedited yet it throws these weird bar movements but only on one deck. The sync lead deck does weird movements but the other one is fine. Sync is not turned on either

I have observed same behavior, Sometimes the upper and lower are not lined up.

I tend to notice it if the loaded track is analyzed on the unit

Workaround is to toggle SYNC on and off on the deck that’s not acting right

1 Like

Didn’t think of this. Just resync it. To me, this is a faster way to deal with this issue. I go nuts trying to perfect thousands of songs. I want to just play.

1 Like