Attention ! Pioneer promises heavy lol

Ive started buying 90 degree USB cables for my home rig for this exact reason, the DDJ-SP1 looks loads tidier with a 90 degree cable that can be tucked straight under the device.

1 Like

For me the Bluetooth feature would be useful for what i do having a dedicated section for mic also the x1850 is a good mixer i think the a9 needs an external hub to link players so that was a missed opportunity by pioneer when denon releases the update to the x1850 it may have simmilar features to the a9 and likely be less expensive.

Xone DB4 is too old for a digital mixer in my opinion I have in the past the DB4 made in UK and the build quality was “meh” (fader and plastic Pots EQ and filter)

At this price id go for the PlayDifferently Model 1 - Matched with Hi-Fi Tidal streaming :fire:

1 Like

Still DB4 sounds great compared to any pioneer mixer.

2 Likes

I’d like it too :slightly_smiling_face:

Charging 20 quid for the stagehand app or whatever it’s called is a bit rich, i mean i know it’s not a lot of money, but when you shell out for something costing this much you would or at least i would expect to get it gratis.

It’s exactly everything it needs to be for Pioneer DJ. And it will be a rock-solid unit. It will fly off of the shelves the moment they arrive anywhere. It’s honestly the most promising thing I’ve seen from them in a long time and don’t you think for a second we will not see some of this and more from future announcements. NAMM is right around the corner.

Denon DJ isn’t standing still either btw. : )

The price is the driving factor of my negativity towards it, as it is with many Pioneer items in that range.

Their DJ controllers are generally excellent with great features, the Nexus range sadly isnt.

1 Like

It’ll be heading down the same route as their video mixer monstrosity.

Too expensive for most people to buy and practice on, so when those DJs visit a club which has been seeded with a freebee of this mixer, they’ll be too scared to ruin their set by “playing around” with anything they haven’t got on their mixer at home.

So the “new” features could potentially be known as the “unused” features.

Plus of course, it’s 3 times the price that it should feasibly be.

1 Like

Are you implying the DDJ-400 doesn’t allow you to ‘practise for the club standard’ Pasha? :wink:

1 Like

The main thing is that they have something to sell people with a sound chip that they can actually put their hands on. They couldn’t do that with the 900. The parts were too scarce. Plus they can sell it for more. It’s a win-win for them.

I think the DB4 could use an update or ‘refresh’, and I have some ideas how that should be done, but it’s still a fantastic mixer. I have a lot of good mixers, but it’s hard to bring myself to use anything other than the X1800 with the Prime SC players due to the integration. If the X1700, DB4, or MP2015 integrated with Engine OS, I probably wouldn’t use the X1800 as much. I suppose I should force myself to alternate between them more. That said, the X18xx line could integrate even more than it already does.

1 Like

That actually makes sense if they’ve moved from AKM to ESS. Did InMusic do the same due to shortages after the fire?

There was never any chip shortages due to supply chain issues. (Sanctions anyone?)

Is any military around the planet facing chip shortages? The black market and parallel imports are not facing chip shortages btw.

2 Likes

Yeeeeeeeeeah So uh, how about this weather we’ve been having?!

1 Like

I have to give you guys credit. There’s more pre-release information on Pioneer Dj products over here than in their own forum or even on their Facebook page.

I also came across some information as to pricing & release dates. Looks like the DDJ-FLX10 is replacing the DDJ-1000 and a new XDJ-XZ MKII is on its way as well…

Competition is a good thing. It drives the Dj industry to continue making better products.

2 Likes

The Titanic was heavy.

If pio price things like this, and how they priced the utter disaster which was the “Tour 1” series, then they’re going to just “nichè” some models out of peoples minds, or at least their “reasonable” considerations.

It’s like, most of us know what a Porsche 911 looks like and what it can do, but for most of us our driveways will, realistically, feature GMC, Audi, or BMW rather than us even starting a savings pot for the Porsche.

Pion will seed a few clubs, seed a few “top” DJs, and loan it to a few “influencers” and “reviewers” but I doubt that actual receipt/full price sales will exceed a relatively low number

3 Likes

Agreed, i often wonder who would actually buy these top tier items, perhaps ‘gearheads’ who have to have the latest and greatest of everything, but not regular punters.

I remember buying a DJM-800 years ago and thinking that was at the upper limits of what id spend for a home setup, doubling that price for this new one would seem insane.

1 Like