Attention ! Pioneer promises heavy lol

Sure…

My Sampler Record & FX lol Akaï - MPC One !

The effects section looks interesting. To select the source via buttons instead of a knob selector is better for external samplers and effectors.

2 Likes

“£1000 more than it should be”

Never a truer word spoken.

1 Like

Care to share that MP3? :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, without having seen the full specs, I don’t see much incentive to upgrade from the most recent DJM (900 if I’m not mistaken?).

And the value for money vs. an x1850 is just sad.

Crazy if this is what they define as “out of this world”.

2 Likes

I don’t think there will be only one new Pioneer Dj product!

On the other hand, they inflate me… because everything is on the same aesthetic and visual bases: location of the buttons, the caps are always the same, colors and screen printing, effect selector, the button for activating effect and many more… and that for more than ten years, they don’t take any risks.

Prices increase for 2/3 additions! Anyway … it is true that what has under the hood is improved, but the price is not justified! Other brands offer just as much and for less.

Exactly my thoughts Kris, a self fulfilling prophecy if there ever was one.

I’m sure it’ll be a great mixer to use and familiar to lots of people, but that price is insane.

1 Like

Yes !

This is the price…which is out of this world!!! Everyone is affected by the financial crisis, so products at this price is rubbish!

It was the same problem when CDJ3000 came out “without cd - XDJ-3000 lol”, the price is exaggerated and moreover, bad luck, it comes out in the middle of COVID with clubs that have closed permanently and others that are surely in financial trouble, even at the present time.

Not to mention the drip supply due to the shortage of components, which causes problems for many sectors of activity and even today.

2 Likes

All 100% true.

If the new Pioneer Dj DJM-A9 (as impressive as it looks) had a 10” screen, was a full four channel standalone, controller, had lighting support, app support, and had two jog wheels then I would start to worry if I was the competition. … Wait a minute… That would almost make it a Prime 4! :blush:

I’ll give Pioneer credit this is a slick mixer based on first glance I’m still rocking my x1850 but that can’t compete with this hopefully Denon has a counter

I’m sure it’s a great mixer - still don’t see much incentive to upgrade from the DJM-900, but I could be missing something.

No plans on switching from my x1850 to this one, that’s for sure :blush:

I’m also curious what “the worlds first center lock” means. Not sure if it simply locks for a few seconds when going from one side to the other.

What kind of counter move would you like to see from Denon? I personally don’t seee anything from the A9 that either the x1850 doesn’t have or that I really care for - curious to hear what kind of additions/changes you’d like for :blush:

I think my only wish for the next mixer would be to have the USB ports in the back rather than on top, but that’s mainly for aesthetic reasons (and I see the A9 has them on top as well). Denon already provides USB extension cables, so wouldn’t be much of an issue to just connect those to the back, and then plug in your laptop to the extension cable if at a club setting or so.

2 Likes

replaceable faders would be the one single thing Denon need to implement. But otherwise id agree with you Kris.

3 Likes

It annoys me that it costs so much more than something like a Radius 4V, that is hand built to order in the UK by an absolute DJ mixer legend, with high end components.

These mixers are club installs and I guess things have to be accessible in flight cases or rack mounts etc so I can’t see the position of the USBs changing.

Introducing a little extension is something easier to lose, have stolen or fail. As much as I can see the advantage of a clean faceplate, I can’t see the top-mounted USBs disappearing any time soon.

I could be wrong though.

1 Like

There’s probably put thought into how it’s placed, and for many people it might not be an issue. It’s mainly when doing streams etc that it doesn’t look super smooth on camera with the cables sticking up vertically from the mixer.

Also, as I have a dustcover, I have to put the cables in and out every time I use it.

Not something overly important, but would be welcome for me personally :blush:

2 Likes

On what I seen already, the mixer is advertised on rental/stage/festival/install market. There is a remote app for the mixer to monitor CDJ’s and mixer and to adjust settings remotely and with remote sound check (basic CDJ remote control), plus readout of cdj’s content. There are some small upgrades from the Tour 1 and 900NXS2. Not turning my head… I would stick to Xone96 or DB4 still.

2 Likes