Attention ! Pioneer promises heavy lol

Here is what we discover in France as an announcement from Pioneer Dj:

It’s pretentious! :thinking:

Undoubtedly a product to make people forget the poor XZ which could not really celebrate its 4 years, I would say more than 3 years!!! With these two big flaws: fake 4 decks and screen too small!

It will be necessary to expect a 4 decks, with streaming, Stems and rotating platters???

1 Like

yea something was posted on Reddit about new Pioneer gear, the RX3 is being discontinued in 2025, wonder why :thinking:

1 Like

DJM-A9 with Bluetooth and WiFi as the successor of the 900NXS2.

XDJ-XZ2 perhaps.

I’ve never looked on Pioneer Reddit before… seems that’s where everybody has to go to complain about their faulty gear, given it gets ‘removed’ from the official forum :rofl:

As for the device, I posted on Instagram that it will be about £1000 more than it should be, whatever it is. And I stand by that.

It looks more like a controller than a mixer to me (notice the join line on the left) but I could be wrong.

1 Like

A “new” product from pioneer ? I doubt it.

It’ll be an old product from puoneer, with a few controls moved around, a couple of limited edition colour casings…… just last decades model with a next decades price tag (again).

5 Likes

If it’s not, Pioneer have dropped the ball. The NXS2 is 7 years old this month. As cool as the V10 is, it’s a bit too much (price and features) for the majority of people.

I don’t think this is an XZ replacement. Think lower and less standalone. : )

Someone on Reddit found the names “DJM-A9” and “Opus Quad” - the latter could be a four-channel standalone device.

I really don’t get the hate here. Pioneer DJ makes some less desirable, but also some really cool DJ products. Same could be said about any major manufacturer.

3 Likes

Plus the DJM-2000 filter arrangement and settings sharing is stupid.

The price is my major issue, I was a DJ back when they essentially doubled prices overnight in the late 2000s. The CDJ1000mk3 was the last reasonably priced Pioneer item.

To put into context, a DJM-900 costs £800 more than a Mastersounds Radius 4 which is hand built to order in the U.K. by an absolute legend, from high end audio components.

2 Likes

This will always be an issue. People or venues will still pay, no matter the price.

I’m in the Apple iPhone ecosystem myself. Prices rise, I simply follow… Now, I do use an iPhone for more than 3 years, so that’s about €1 per day. However; It used to be €0,50 per day. :relieved:

1 Like

And let’s be honest Reese, an iPhone does far more and does it better than any pioneer DJ product:)

I’ll take that back actually because their Serato controllers and mixers have been epic. It’s their ‘club standard’ that is the rip off.

4 Likes

It was the global settings for the filters that ultimately made me send the V10 back, and return to my Xone:96. But, I had SC6000s back then, and now have 3000s for my main rig, so it’s possible that I could overlook that to have the quantized EFX, routing capabilities, and individual channel compressors that I felt were quite impressive!

I really hope this teaser is for the fabled A9 (successor to the NXS2), and that it adopts some of the better features of the V10, but in a smaller footprint. If nothing else than simply for the fact that I absolutely HATE playing on the NXS2, and it would be a welcomed change in the booths I typically find myself in.

PPD9000 has compressors, but the best way to do compressors or expanders is on the source digital gear that’s buffering the track:

Using special photoshop software I was able to de-blur the Pioneer Dj’s leaked image “Out of This World Landing Soon” 28 02 23.

*Here’s the before;

*Here’s the after… Looks like a four channel standalone with no screen, no effects, due to the chip shortage… lol

1 Like

This one looks promising:

1 Like

The DJM-Tour1 was pretty cool, but too expensive and I thought the screens were extraneous.

Yes (DJM-A9) looks good…

That MOBIUS effect is just so good! You can easily record it through Virtual Dj (for personal use) to be played back on any USB controller as a .mp3.

1 Like

Looks a bit like they have bolted on every single feature imaginable.

I personally prefer the relative simplicity of a rotary mixer with a good FX unit these days, but I’m sure it’ll have all the gear addicts frothing at the mouth.

1 Like

How may i ask did you get the effect as an MP3?

The channel faders on the picture of the new Pioneer mixer look really short.

1 Like