Any plans for a DJS1000 style sampler

But this is a valid way of doing things. The track needs to be the master. This is very important in my workflow.

You canā€™t break the laws of physics.

Your laptops were able to do this because of latency. You computer gets to look ahead because of latency.

This means now you become the analog processor in the chain.

Yep, with Analog mixer in between. As I will be using Xone 96 - it has no clock.

Then you must become the clock :laughing:

May the force be with you all. :sparkles:

Thatā€™s why we need a sampler from Denon that will ā€œtalkā€ via LAN with the decks. Anyway X1800 and 1850 still has some midi clock issues, easily goes back to defult clock 120 BPM. I play music that is some times going as high as double of thatā€¦ Canā€™t let mixer decide that suddenly everything goes almost to a stop.

1 Like

I was just about to post a pic but you beat me to it. And your right.

This is the infrastructure for the prime mixer. This set up everything is bi directional

You need to work on rotation of Your camera a bit :wink:

Anyway, A sampler that would follow the SC players would be great, as it would always keep the loops in sync with any track, You could do still normal mixing, and add samples whenever You want. Or loop on the fly and save those loops in the sampler via LAN connection with the decks.

A prime ready sampler is the only solution. Hopefully Denon can make it happen.

In the meantime all is not lost. As long as everybody knows what is happening and why then one can anticipate and make easy corrections on the fly.

What about ableton link ?

It responds to tempo changes, recognises grids

Not sure how it will work with the X1800/1850 though.

I agree a prime ready sampler will be the tightest

1 Like

I donā€™t know much about abelton link. But a quick look at it tells me that it can send and receive from all sources in ā€˜parallelā€™ so it a good tool for syncing. The only issue I see is latency.

It is hooking gear up in ā€˜seriesā€™ that gives sync issues when tempo changing.

My loop station recognizes grids also. Itā€™s a feature that I have bypass as it caps my loops.

Midi out from x1850 to ableton. Akai force connected via ableton link.

How long does it take from when you make a change in tempo for everything to move in sync with that change?

The mixer can also send midi clock via USB. Maybe one should try hooking up a smart phone with Ableton link to one of the mixerā€™s soundcard and broadcast link from there

But then you need a laptop, right? I was trying a standalone solutionā€¦

There is a handy app that works really well that converts Ableton Link to MIDI for Apple iOS.

Iā€™ve had it for quite a few years now but not fired it up for a while so unsure if itā€™s still viable.

So far Iā€™m unable to get midi clock via usb over to ios. Only via midi cable.

This is a good read to understand the age old issues with clock syncing with hardware. The funny thing is when I took music in school Atari computers were the go to for music production. Macintosh came later.

Here enjoy :wink:

In that case, pop on over to the Ableton Link feature suggestion thread and give it a bump. Itā€™s been a feature request for some time now. Itā€™s also a feature request on the Pioneer forums for CDJā€™s and their Toraiz as well.

1 Like

Roland released a new machine

Looks interesting

Whatā€™s interesting is that Roland issued firmware updates across their product line where possible to work with iOS.

Their free app is decent with decent sounds however if you want more youā€™ll have to make in app subscriptions.

Every new product that comes out now says it features live looping/sampling which they absolutely donā€™t do. There are over a million owners of a loopstation on this planet waiting to get out of the 16 bit world and weā€™ve been waiting a long time. And we all know boss is not in a rush to update cause the thing just keeps selling and competition events based on it are now growing faster even more online.

Iā€™m in the market like the rest for a real modernized ā€˜free measureā€™ live looping/sampler. What I canā€™t believe is that no company has put out a competitive product to take a piece of the loopstation market other than with words.

1 Like

Well, we have DJS-1000, that does live looping in a good, dj workflow, and is in the price range of mid/high range gear. So still affordable. But I really would like to see a loop/remix station from Denon that would capture samples via Ethernet from primes, and keep it in tempo. Share samples for scratching via link. Have some effects and step sequencer. All in one familiar dj friendly packageā€¦

2 Likes