Any plans for a DJS1000 style sampler

We still dont know whats hiding underneath LL’s bed-sheets :joy: I’m keeping my fingers crossed for some kind of sampler/ remix-deck…

Me too, I am very optimistic about it, but… yeah… What ever it is I think it will be cool anyway :smiley:

1 Like

My guess is as good as any.

2 Likes

I bet it’s something hot that we’d love to put our hands all over :rofl:

Anyone heard any news / gossip about the mysteries?

I hope its something innovative that doesn’t necessarily have an 1-1 existing role in the current booth/ecosystem. Something that handles the remaining tasks we often keep a laptop around for? I’d rather it be in the form of a new mixer but sure, maybe a sampler with pads, but you could also use it to control soundswitch lighting. I’d almost say video/visuals too if engine prime was anywhere near as developed as it ought to be (but we’re not even at 100% solid BPM tech yet!)

The ecosystem doesn’t need new decks yet, it does need a hot battle mixer (and for engine desktop software to deliver on its promise)

Have to say I’d be peeved if they significantly updated the SC5000 just a year after the M became properly available. If that’s the case I really hope they don’t start artificially limiting software features.

I am hoping for a sampler and a 2nd generation VL12. I dont think its a new mixer judging by the pics.

I will also be a tad irked if its a newer SC5000, or even a cut down one - I dont think we need that as much as a sampler / vinyl deck.

Am hoping for some leaks, but it seems water tight at the moment, sadly.

Just bumping this post in the hope Denon haven’t forgotten about making this for us.

They didn’t say at anytime that they would make one.

So it’s not so much a case of forgotton, more one of never expected. If anyone particularly wants a sampler, buy a sampler.

We’ve got that versatile 2nd layer to utilise for sample playback.

I agree they have never confirmed one, but if we become annoying enough they just might give in! Plus one would look soo pretty in anyone’s setup!

That’s never worked in the past. Just look at posts asking for firmware fixes within reasonable and professional time periods

Buy some Christmas tree lights and drape those over your kit. Priorities lol

sc6000s concept

I made a concept of the device with very precise descriptions and workflow and passed it to them. Let’s see what comes out of this.

15 Likes

Never thought of that, thanks for your intelligent solution! 10,000 tree lights on order! #dreamsdocometrue

1 Like

I’d buy it! 🙋 They should nab you for design team! That’s a great concept!

1 Like

Sure- there’s a lot of things we can do with a second layer, that are well beyond sampler functions

I agree that part was intelligent, I was talking about the tree lights lol. I’m trying to give Denon money here :grimacing:

I responded to your comment about how it would look pretty. Loz. I agree it shouldn’t look ugly, but I despair at these “illuminated kitchen floors” that some “DJs” surround themselves with, usually making a worse noise than the original radio edit ever achieved. Haha

1 Like

Is the juice worth the squeeze?

How many units will it sell?

100? 1000?

A decision will probably be informed by distribution of sales of the denon primes, eg if the Prime4, Prime2 kinda of machines outsell the Sc players.

You’re absolutely right !

Another line of thought is this… would anyone ask the worlds best DnB DJ (if there is such a thing) to DJ at a Country & Western gig, or book the worlds top Techno DJ for a 8 year olds kids birthday party?

So, with inMusics plethora of talents, perhaps it would be better to get Akai to make a sampler which could work with any system, to maximise sales, but design it to have some clever Prime integration., beyond the pensionable midi connections, or simple 6.3 mm Jack in out loops.

A sampler that could do 20 things on anything you connect it to, but does 30 things if you connect it to Prime gear

2 Likes

What if this sampler would be also a send/return XY pad effect processor with effects macros under the pads that You would assign yourself, denon dj link grabbing looper and traktor remix decks style sampler in one?

2 Likes