Any plans for a DJS1000 style sampler

Hope the mystery hardware he is something more wide want than just a sampler. If he was a sampler though he would be part of prime and if prime why would sampler he have different colored feet to rest of Prime.

Maybe he a little prime 2 for those who not charge enough per each of they discos booking to call prime 4 cheap.

Too small for a prime 2

Anyone got a pic of this device under the blanket?

It doesn’t show much but here’s a pic of what Laidback Luke was shown.

If you look carefully at the shape of the blanket and how it is folded over the device, you can maybe see it forming the shape of a jogwheel around the center of it.

My eyesight is not the best so I could be imagining it though :slight_smile:

Are we sure it’s not just a vinyl VL12 pushing the idea of Serato team up and DVS ?

I cant see them introducing a cheaper SC5000, with less functionality. The Prime series, to my knowledge, is a high end brand. There’d be no point in introducing cheaper lines in the Prime stable. Same with the mixer. To me, its got to be a sampler - at least thats what i hope it is.

We’re all guessing at the moment though - when do you think they will lift the veil on what they’re got up their sleeves?

That will be NAMM 2020.

That would be my thought too. Although isn’t there a summer namm and a winter namm ?

My guess would be January.

Having had a closer look at those pics, I think there’s an outside chance that its an updated SC5000. More likely is that its a stripped down SC5000 with a 2 channel mixer.

Guess I’ll have to go back to waiting for the sampler, if indeed it ever materialises. Am ever hopeful, though.

1 Like

My thoughts

A sampler will need better bpm algorithm…no?

But I hope they come through with it as the interest seems to be healthy.

Apart from airhorns and sirens …that’s all my sampler needs :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am looking for something like Remix decks in stand alone box for my setup. It would be really great to have such a functionality and fast loop catch on the fly.

I think it is a reengineered Akai Force as the promo hints at a brand new component to enhance Prime Nov 5 we will know for sure.

If it is a sampler then that would be cool as long as it can capture on the fly not just preloaded playback.

My wish is that it is a layer controller.

If it is today’s date, it will be really curious to find out. Let’s hope it’s a sampler, though I was hoping for something more portable, like the RMX1000. We’ll see…

Why do you think that anything will be made public today? I have seen nothing that indicates this to be the case, and most people are saying that it will be revealed at NAMM next year.

Also, the fire sale they have going at the moment really lends credence to the fact that they will be releasing a newer version of the SC5000, rather than anything bolt-on like a sampler. Denon are getting rid of as much stock as possible before introducing the new hardware - at least thats how it looks to me. Was really hoping for a sampler, but it just doesn’t look like thats whats going to be released. I did think the SC5000 had a shelf life of at least 5 years, so maybe its something like the 5000M, which sits alongside the current models. Could also be a new mixer - I like the 1800, but it didnt break new ground like the SC5000 has - a new digital mixer with a screen would be ace.

1 Like

It’s the only thing keeping me from moving to Denon Prime. Love the idea, equiptment and support. Disappointed to see the sampler dropped. Also sad to see so many controllers dropping the record feature and quick save to slots. This often saved the need of 4 decks with quick mixes. Also, for technical events like corp/weddings, loading key songs into the sampler for quick plays on a second notice was manageable; no longer.

I’m curious why the Prime 4 would ditch it for so many silly slice and dice effects and controls, when the unit was marketed for a mobile DJ. Looks like Roland (sister company I believe), is on the right track with the 707 and using one channel (4).

I applaud the great work at Denon and their willingness to take a new direction from the club scene. I agree that a buy-in option for a sampler would convince me to make the move. In fact, I’d be more than willing to go to the SC5000 route if a matching Sampler was available.

1 Like

What makes you think that Denon have dropped it?

It’s based on nothing. And Roland is no InMusic brand either.