12” motorized controller

Possibly, but if DVS was supported then we wouldn’t have requests for the Rane Twelve MKII to be supported as they already would be …

So having no DVS must be more disappointing to more than just those who wanted to believe in the speculation.

I agree, it has its flaws and is over-priced. Though I still imo think it has a better base/platter and pitch control then the new Technics MK7’s.

But I’d still like to see DVS supported at some point, so DJ’s can use whichever turntables / motorised platters they wish …

Well, deadzones in VL12 pitch make the fader usable on max 6cm length in total. I wouldn’t call that better.

Anyway the lack of dvs in Engine Prime is not a disappointment. I buy the gear based on the specifications that the devices have now, not what potentially it could have… I would love to see it if there ever would be a full dj software from Denon. So dar we have only Engine Prime - a library sorting program. DVS would not help it now. Not yet. DVS for the players with layer selection to control via 12’s or even a regular turntable with phase or Timecode - yes that would definitely be great and innovative.

I actually thought that after I wrote it and read it back to myself, lol, but it’s definitely no worse that the MK7.

Yes it’s needed.

But without ever getting any real input from Denon or a timeline on goals and what it wants to achieve, I wonder if it will ever happen.

All I see are the odd bug fixes and a drive for more and more streaming services and streaming features.

I hope EP/OS owners are more patient than I am regarding features, as I’d be stressed with current progress. But each to their own, I know some* are happy or at least make out they’re happy on here anyway …

Prime 4+ version with motorized platters. TAKE MY MONEY DENON!! Nuff Said…

2 Likes

Really? So tell me, what other librarian software (not DJ software) can be controlled by DVS or any other controller?

1 Like

Well, for me Engine Prime does enough as a library software. It could have more options like relocate and some more usability improvements, but for making a playlist for a festival set, plus some other club sets, and setting up my hot cues and loops - does the job. As I play mostly festival stages and clubs, I don’t get to play the whole night, so I build playlists max to 2 hours (that is 3 hours music files). Then export on 2 usbs (one backup) and that’s good to go. So for me Engine Prime does enough and I am happy with it.

More I did in Traktor back in the days, but that was different style of Djing (remix decks) that I miss in hardware form now.

DVS or not - as I said, motorized control over second layer - great idea. I am all in to it. I would also want to see the REMIX decks style looper/sampler/rmeix box specifically build for Prime eco-system.

Then my life happiness will be complete :wink:

1 Like

I think you are being completely anal, pal, just like you are always towards anyone on here who dare question the integrity of EP. Every-other thread I see on here where anyone dare point out what EP lacks or what they would like to see in the future, you can be found lurking looking to try and flame them or talk them down.

At the end of the day - RekordBox/Traktor/Serato/etc can all be classed as librarian as you like to put it. They’re simply just DJ librarian software that do way more. Granted, EP does not claim to do anything more, but that’s the point because clearly it does need to do more because as it stands it is lacking in my opinion, and it seems many others.

So instead of just trying to be clever all the time when anyone states the obvious with EP/OS why not just accept that others do not share your opinion on what EP needs to do regardless of whether it claims to do anything other than what it does.

If you are 100% happy with it, then great - have fun in your lonely club.

I’m not here to flame it. I’m here because I want to see it grow, but each time I see people post what they don’t like or want to see as explained above, "you can be found lurking looking to try and flame them or talk them down. " - FACT

I’m not going to join in with your little games you like to play back and forth with excuses of this or that either because I will not change my opinion on EP E/OS or on you!

So enjoy your day … and I’ll enjoy mine, and for now you will be muted.

Wow, talk about an over reaction :astonished:

I guess you couldn’t answer my question, or didn’t want to admit that the software which allows control via DVS etc is DJ software, whereas EP is purely librarian software - so you’ve got all defensive.

Yes, EP is lacking - in lots of ways. There are many improvements which could me made, but it doesn’t need to become DJ software.

The whole ethos of the Prime series is that they can be used standalone, without DJ software - so having EP become DJ software defeats the object.

Is mixed in key a library software or a dj software? :wink:

No, but come’on, don’t be ■■■■. Is RekordBox/Traktor/Serato etc not a DJ Library software neither?

Moving on … :laughing:

DVS could not happen with the SC5000/M because the players don’t have the RAM capacity to cope with it.

This could’ve been solved easy with the SC6000/M, but I’d have a guess that if the RAM was bumped up on them then so would the price, and I’d guess that Denon would not want that as price-wise it’s the No1 reason to many DJ’s switching from Pioneer CDJ.

Perhaps in the future Denon DJ can be daring enough to make the next line of SC7000/M players with enough RAM to support DVS but with a bumped up price-tag comparable to the Pioneer CDJ 3000 line.

Until then or if ever, then the only true option if DVS could ever be supported by Denon would be the Engine Prime PC/Laptop/Mac route.

Phase can work direct…like Serato. No need for DVS signal.

Bought a pair during lock down.

Are You in need of something? You keep repeating yourself.

Rekordbox only in export mode - yes, the rest was never intended to be a library only program.

I am aware of that. Would be cool if phase could talk with Primes.

Sorry, don’t swing that way if that’s what you’re implying …

I just want some to stop being pointless with the Library comparison, it’s a tired old argument that goes nowhere that’s been repeated on here many times.

But technically can be used as though - so point proven.

I agree :smile:

I see a lot of pain in the… Only because someone does not agree with You, and everyone can if they need to. No sense to get all offensive. You tend to dig up stuff that is not related and use it as an argument. We are not an archaeology forum here :wink:

But that’s actually pointless here. Library software - is library software. Dj software is dj software. t’s simple as 1 + 1. Why You want to stretch it out to different software, when it isn’t?

I think you will find I cleared this up here:

So it is you who are the one “stretching out” with a pointless argument here because clearly I offend you.

Same as in the other thread, you joined in with your attempt to aim fire at me.

:rofl:

Nope, You don’t. Just wanted to have it on track.

You try to tell us, that library software has dvs. But You are wrong. No library software has dvs. Only dj software has it.

This thread is devolving into mud slinging. If you guys can’t disagree with each other respectfully, this post will be locked. And that would be a shame, since there is a lot of interesting ideas being put forth here.

4 Likes

Yes I agree and if you look it’s always the same few who start it.

The toxicity is real on this forum and leaves some, in fact many at times no choice but to try to defend themselves as the same crowd always picks away at an angle to try and be a W.U.M.

I just want to talk about a 12" platter, be it DVS or HID. How this could happen and how it could be incorporated to EP or EOS.

I did no such thing. I said

All other major DJ software (RekordBox/Serato/Traktor) can be used as a DJ Library.

I then went on to explain how DVS cannot be incorporated to the SC5000 or 6000 range and how EP would be the easier and cheaper route.

If you wish to discuss how DVS can be supported, then feel free to reply, but please do not bother if you’re going to carry on the pathetic Library argument.

Back on topic please.

Agree, let’s focus on that.

Yes, please

I just saw that mock up.

iOS devices and the rane 12 works now so wouldn’t that be the better option?

I say this cause the footprint of the rane 12 is smaller than my tt’s and the footprint would have to be bigger for a 12in platter standalone deck from denon.

1 Like