Announcing the SC LIVE 2 and SC LIVE 4 Standalone Controllers w/ Built-in Speakers & Amazon Music Integration!

@justme2 The FX on the Prime 4 differ from those on the Prime 2 and Go. The SC LIVE 4 / SC LIVE 2 use the same FX as the Prime 2 and Go. You can find all the FX parameters from page 72 in the updated user guide.

As for the Sweep FX the Prime Go differs from the other units. You can also read more about this in the same guide.

2 Likes

I agree STU :+1:

1 Like

Here in Germany the sc 4 live is at 1.600 €, the Prime 4 at 2.500 €. Of course not cheap but 900 € less than the P4. The price balance between this two is Ok for me.

Check Thoman

1299 for the 4

1099 for the 2

2 Likes

£949 and £1129 in the UK at Phase One. Actually makes more sense than the original price, and completely separates them from the Prime series.

2 Likes

Great news :grinning:

Yup, just got the news via an email from the retailer I buy all my gear from…these numbers make WAY MORE SENSE!!!

2 Likes

Just played with it and can confirm. Better sound from the speakers, the button feels really nice and the jogwheels is super nice.

The jogwheels showing, bpm, time and other stuff … love it :tada:

The main mixing area is very like any Pioneers mixer/controller so you feeling home even if you never have used a Denon before.

Multitouch is always nice on the screen and is a bit small but is okay for the average display and showing the grid and different information.

7 Likes

Can you please take a photo of what it looks like on the 7" screen when all 4 channels are populated?

No need, the word you are looking for is ‘cramped’ :slight_smile:

The 7" screen is about right for my Prime 2, in fact for compactness its ideal, with enough room to see everything. ive seen an RX3 in the store and the screen is huge and obtrusive for a 2 channel player, makes a carry case way bigger than it needs to be. But for a 4 channel it needs to be the bigger screen all day i would say.

@STU-C - Did I see that you’d brought one of these?

I’ll be interested to compare notes, as despite all my moaning about what’s wrong with it, I placed my order this morning.

No i didnt buy one, i just got my Prime 2 back from repair the day after they released though.

Personally i think the 2 channel one looks ok, the 4 channel not so much. Although not having an SSD slot or booth out makes it a non starter.

Now, I’m the other way round. The 2 channel one is far too stripped down. No displays on the jogs, & a lack of booth output is a deal breaker for me.

I think I can make the 4 channel one work fine for walk in gigs. …I’ll just try & ignore those toytown speakers!

I think using the 4 channel as a 2 channel makes it a very useful device if that makes sense? Its got all the bits the 2 channel is missing but with the sort of pointless extra 2 channels.

its still cheaper than a Prime 2 so definitely a good option.

Yeah, I know it’s gonna’ be super cramped, but I’d still like to see a hi-res photo of what it looks like.

The 4 different views … and yes it’s cramped but it’s working. If you are using 2 tracks is more manageable :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

Bigger screen? = more money

Fair enough

1 Like

The 3rd option is probably the best with the small horizontal waveforms isnt it.

1 Like

The have change the text on the Engine OS update 2.3.3 to

Added support for Amazon Music Unlimited

from the old

Added support for Amazon Music Unlimited - The Denon DJ SC LIVE DJ controllers were designed using an exclusive secure chipset to meet Amazon Music’s streaming requirements, making them the world’s first DJ hardware to support Amazon Music Unlimited.