Announcing the SC LIVE 2 and SC LIVE 4 Standalone Controllers w/ Built-in Speakers & Amazon Music Integration!

Hi Everyone,

Today, we’re very excited to officially announce the brand-new SC LIVE series of standalone DJ controllers. These club-style, Wi-Fi enabled, standalone DJ devices give DJs the power to perform without a laptop and provide an immersive audio experience with on-board speakers and integration with Amazon Music Unlimited.

SC LIVE 4

SC LIVE 4 is a 4-deck professional standalone DJ controller with Wi-Fi, built-in speakers, 7” touchscreen, and access to Amazon Music Unlimited and other top music streaming services.

• Club-style layout with built-in Sweep and BPM FX
  • 6" high-resolution jog wheels with LED displays
  • 8 RGB Performance Pads on each deck with selectable mode buttons
  • SD card slot and (2) USB media inputs for accessing saved songs and playlists
  • Professional inputs and outputs: XLR and ¼” Main out, ¼” Booth out, 1 XLR Mic input, 1 ¼” Mic
  • input (switchable to Aux In)
  • Support for Philips Hue, Nanoleaf, and DMX lighting
  • Compatible with Serato DJ and Virtual DJ software

Pricing and Availability

SC LIVE 4 – November 3, 2022

• $1,299 MAP USD.
  • Pricing varies by country.
  • Denondj.com and Global Authorized Dealers.

Learn More about the Denon DJ SC LIVE 4 Standalone DJ System

SC LIVE 2

SC LIVE 2 is a 2-deck professional standalone DJ controller with Wi-Fi, built-in speakers, 7” touchscreen, and access to Amazon Music Unlimited and other top music streaming services. Club-style layout with built-in Sweep and BPM FX

• 6" high-resolution jog wheels
  • 4 dual-layer Performance Pads with on each deck (“Bank” button is used to access slots 5-8)
  • SD card slot and (2) USB media inputs for accessing saved songs and playlists
  • Professional inputs and outputs: XLR and ¼” Main out, ¼” Mic input
  • Support for Philips Hue, Nanoleaf, and DMX lighting
  • Compatible with Serato DJ and Virtual DJ software

Pricing and Availability

SC LIVE 2 – November 3, 2022

• $1,099 MAP USD.
  • Pricing varies by country.
  • Denondj.com and Global Authorized Dealers.

Learn More about the Denon DJ SC LIVE 2 Standalone DJ System

FAQ

What audio quality does Amazon Music Unlimited support?

• Amazon Music Unlimited offers 75 million tracks in lossless High Definition (HD) and millions more in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD). HD tracks are 16-bit audio, with a minimum sample rate of 44.1 kHz (16/44.1 is also referred to as CD-quality), and an average bitrate of 850 kbps. Ultra HD tracks have a bit depth of 24 bits, with sample rates ranging from 44.1 kHz up to 192 kHz, and an average bitrate of 3730 kbps.

Which Amazon Music Services does SC LIVE 2 work with?

• SC LIVE 2/4 supports Amazon Music Unlimited.

How many Amazon Unlimited tracks can I stream simultaneously?

• Amazon Unlimited allows for up to two tracks to be streamed simultaneously. That includes playlists and tracks loaded to decks or previewed from the library.

Do other Engine DJ products work with Amazon Music Unlimited?

• Not at this time.

Can I stream songs on other devices with Amazon Music at the same time as streaming on the SC LIVE 2/4?

• Amazon Music streaming allows for streaming on one device at a time

Does the SC LIVE 2 and 4 have EQ for the microphones?

• Yes, both the SC LIVE 2 and SC LIVE 4 offer 3-band EQ adjustment, attenuation, as well as other microphone options in the built-in settings menu.
6 Likes

So is the Amazon Music service coming across all units eventually or just exclusive to these new units

5 Likes

UK pricing

SC Live 2: £1099

SC Live 4: £1349

Taken from https://www.thediscdjstore.com

2 Likes

Wondering the same :thinking: makes no sense that the higher tier standalone units doesn’t get amazon music.

Have Denon actually said that the higher units don’t get Amazon?

At this time, Amazon Music Unlimited is exclusive to the SC LIVE 2 and SC LIVE 4. I’ve added this question/answer as well as a few other FAQs to the original post.

2 Likes

It would seem silly to lock out the rest of your ecosystem and customers to a specific streaming service, so I would imagine it will eventually come.

What matters more to me is Will the freaking jog info come to everyone else? Man there’s no reason we’re still stuck with just pictures there.

But also… congrats on the launch guys! I hope Engine lands in even more hands! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The track info on the jog wheels is great, especially that it displays the BPM down to 2 decimal places - it would be great if the OS displayed it to 2 DP as well to help reduce the speed at which tracks drift apart.

4 Likes

also agree with the information on the jog if no material limit it will come I think,

moreover the integration of serato with the waveform looks good it would be nice to have a waveform when you switch with serato on a prime 4 because I plan to use it a few times when serato has formalized 3.0 for the stems,

but vdj serato seems to say that the refresh rate in computer mode is not fast enough,

is it a correctable mode because in the state serato is really not well integrated with respect to the screen and also the 4 effects usable with the filter which does not work can be mapped in midi but not tested and I do not know if someone has it did and succeeded in this mapping,

I have the impression that vdj is doing better with the same problem of screen refresh, even if not tested as I already use serato for dvs (1210 and phase)

so if you could improve this otherwise I think I will go on a sc live 4 for these functions

which are po for me quite important because the rest looks identical to the prime 4 apart from the screen size after checking the sound quality at the output.

thank you denon for these improvements

Woho, looking forward to feel and press all the buttons. Maybe is gonna be my second lover after Prime 4 ( and Wife ) … or maybe the first one :heart_eyes:

No bay for internal hard disk?

Thanks

No, and i think thats a bit of a miss personally, an SSD is by far the cheapest way of having a high speed, well performing storage device and its one of my favourite features of the Prime 2.

1 Like

Cool. Can you guys fix engine DJ now and work out all your existing bugs instead of coming out with this useless hardware?

8 Likes

It’s more than doesn’t make sense, when you spend nearly £3000 on two sc6000m’s and over a £1000 on a Denondj x1850 it’s more than annoying. Home goal by Denondj guaranteed to irritate a lot of high end users no end.

Exactly- access to my whole library is necessary for the way I play and the kind of jobs I have…

Streaming is great, but I couldn’t live without my SSD

1 Like

Technically a UHS-ii SD card could do the same job but i doubt these players are set up to accept it and they are ridiculously expensive too.

I dont find the SSD particularly useful for the media players as they are meant to be set up in venues and would have DJs swapping in and out, but for mobile or bar DJs using the standalones they are an absolute must.

No. This is not a replacement for the Prime 4. It will continue to be their flagship standalone all in one.

1 Like

Per the review from Mojaxx (Beatsource Tech), the “chip” required to use Amazon Music is not built into any of the Prime Series equipment. I do like that the Serato interface provides more usable feedback than what’s currently available on the Prime 4.