Announcing the SC LIVE 2 and SC LIVE 4 Standalone Controllers w/ Built-in Speakers & Amazon Music Integration!

We need the Ventura Update quickly please- sync to USB Sticks is not possible now- how to use my new SC4 live with Ventura if I can’t transfer Tracks to the medium??

1 Like

The only thing that is going to justify the price point for the L2 & L4 are if the forthcoming successors to the P2 & P4 are considerably more expensive than their predecessors were at launch. Because, sorry, I realize these are probably what Denon are going to categorize as their mid-tier lineup, but when comparing the L2 & L4 to the current P2 & P4, the former are extremely lacking and not worth the few hundred dollar price difference.

If successors to the P2 & P4 are right around the corner, they should have been released first, and the mid-tier L2 & L4 shortly afterward. Then there wouldn’t be any confusion about this odd pricing scheme. Or perhaps they should have just released all 4 units at once.

Given what we’ve learned of the limited feature set, the L4 should have cost $1,299, and the L2 should have cost $999.

Serious eye-brow raising going on over this comment from him. I believe he has mis-spoken on this.

1 Like

Though these kinds of features are 100% determined by licensing deals, unfortunately, so AMZ has significant leverage. There may be reasons we never find out about why some devices don’t get this feature :person_shrugging:t3:

Give it time : )

I personally wouldn’t thank you for Amazon streaming or any other streaming. As a ‘bar’ DJ who tries to DJ within a style (soul, funk, disco, breaks, house, hip hop) I don’t want punters having an excuse for me to play their terrible requests.

If I was an event DJ the opposite would be true.

1 Like

It’s all handy to have no doubt… but until I can download tracks for off-line use it’s only a bonus for pro use.

2 Likes

So Mojaxx said the new jog displays are lower res than the previous prime ones, please make jog info display real on the original prime units Denon.

1 Like

Maybe Mojaxx is right about the chip! Maybe all babies being born are now being implanted with the same chip so THEY can receive Amazon Music straight to their brains and know when their packages are being delivered.

Also yes Denon, please give us usable info on our jogs.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I was all excited about Amazon Music when I got the email this morning then found out it still wont work with my Prime Go! Are there any plans to update the Prime series? We all have invested a great deal of $$$ and seems pretty foolish to want us to invest more in a unit just to add this streaming.

https://enginedj.com/downloads#release-notes states:

• Added support for Amazon Music Unlimited - The Denon DJ SC LIVE DJ controllers were designed using an exclusive secure chipset to meet Amazon Music’s streaming requirements, making them the world’s first DJ hardware to support Amazon Music Unlimited.
2 Likes

Curious to see if the Prime 4 & SC6000 suddenly are capable of this feature in a few months :wink:

I feel it’s coming tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well look at that! How bizarre! Thanks for adding this Addie!

I still think it’s coming too. : )

No EQ on the mics? Will this be available using the touchscreen at least?

@richim Yes, the EQ for the mics can be found in the settings menu.

• Mic 1 / Mic 2 / Aux EQ: These settings allow you to adjust the Treble, Mid, and Bass equalization for the two microphone signals and aux signal, from -15.0 to 6.0 dB.

1 Like

Hi @richim - Thanks for the question.

As @addie mentions, both SC LIVE 2 and 4 offer 3-band EQ adjustment, attenuation, as well as other microphone options in the settings menu.

I’ll add this to the FAQ above. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why are people whining about Amazon Music not being available for Prime? Denon Prime already offers a crap ton of choices. How many do you want? If you did not know about Amazon Music being added there would be no complaints. What does Amazon Music do better?

2 Likes

Hello Why the new sc live 2 Still have the beatloop beatjump function Same like the 2.20 version i have on my prime 2 But the latest update doesnt have it

Thanx

1 Like

Dunno why people cry so much about Amazon Prime for the other Prime devices. It’s not like you don’t have plenty of other good alternatives, no? Just use Tidal, it’s also very universal when it comes to genres, and it doesn’t limit you to 2 tracks (including preview!) either. And be happy you got these choices at all, you got them in a free update. I for myself couldn’t care less about Amazon.

As for the rest, I do find these new devices kinda interesting. A bit too expensive, considering I could get the Prime 4 in Europe for around 1600€ as well, two years ago. Now I have to pay the same for a significantly inferior product. Dunno if we can blame this entirely on inflation, but anyway.

I do like the speakers, actually. I always imagined how a hybrid of Prime 4 (channels, SweepFX), Prime 2 (display, size, Aux) and Mixstream Pro (speakers) would look like. And tadaaa, there we go. The SC Live 2 is a bit too limited for my liking, no jog displays, no Aux, only 4 Pads, so you rather go with the Mixstream Pro for half the price. But the SC Live 4 is quite promising. It only lacks any sort of RGB LED indicator (jog ring, Cue buttons) to differentiate between decks 1/3 and 2/4. You really should have added that. Also the jog display needle position ring looks kinda low res / choppy.

On the other hand thank you for adding Serato DJ Pro unlock! That’s what I have always missed on your P2, Go and Mixstream. Basically I can now own one device which can do both, standalone for spontaneous jams or bar/club gigs, and Serato on my 16" Macbook when I need a big screen and good keyboard for wedding music requests.

One question, can you guys provide a 1:1 speaker comparison between the Mixstream Pro and the Live 2/4? I heard from multiple sources that they became even louder and better.

Does this have the same effects as the Prime Go/2/4 ?