X1850's - Out Of Stock (What's the story?)

For weeks now, the 3-year old X1850 (released 1st qtr 2020) has been out of stock for some of the top U.S. retailers. Is there a new mixer set for release or is this just a supply issue?

Who knows what is going on with these Dj companies right now, Pioneer are releasing things left, right and centre whilst not fulfilling stock for existing items… The X1850 being out of stock could be anything, ive not heard or seen anything about new hardware though, but then im not exactly in the know either:)

1 Like

I was considering ordering an X1850, but wondering if I should hold off. This supply issue has me thinking that something new is on the horizon. I saw speculation on a Prime 4+. Perhaps there’s something coming in the mixer line-up.

1 Like

They have some design issues to address with it (non replaceable faders etc) so there could be something definitely. This is the problem though isn’t it, you spend your life constantly waiting for fear of missing out on a new thing. I guess it depends on how much you need a new mixer.

1 Like

The X1850 is more a want than a need. I’m big on SoundSwitch and use it constantly with my P4. I also own a pair of SC5000M’s and currently use them with a DJM-S7 (bought during the pandemic because the x1850’s were backordered at the time for months). I love the S7 but would love to bring out the SC’s and use SoundSwitch without the need of bringing a laptop and running Serato + SoundSwitch.

I’m hooked on playing without a laptop.

3 Likes

Should have ordered from Mile high DJ supply.

It’s past time for a denon mixer refresh. fingers crossed

1 Like

I honestly believe you own one of the single best DJ mixers on the market already. Would love an S7.

1 Like

Thanks @STU-C!

The S7 is awesome and I love Pioneer’s FX (second to none). The S7 paired with the SC’s is hella fun! I wish there was a way to use SoundSwitch with this setup minus a laptop & Serato.

If I play a gig where lights aren’t needed, then I do go SC’s & S7 without a laptop.

1 Like

You could just get a used DB4 – better sound than the analog Xones, new Denons, and any Pioneer, and better effects, too. Not like it won’t retain its value when X1850s or something else with Prime/Engine integration becomes available from authorized dealers.

100% True

3 Likes

Though if you don’t have an issue getting a used DB4, I’m not sure why you’d have a problem just getting a used Denon, especially if you’re after integration.

imMusic always do this with all their products its either feast or fammine they dont seem to build more until the old stock is shifted so you end up with periods of time where there is no stock

nope SS only works with the Denon X18xx. At least without a computer.

Well, feast and famine are the only two states which get talked about.

Still plenty of posts about new purchases/my new prime/my new primes/playing with my new primes/these are the dogs do darz etc etc -

But people don’t post about “walked into dealer, bought Prime, walked out again”

1 Like

They seemed to be better for a while there but yes, are back to their old ways of doing things it seems (not saying that’s a bad thing as it seems to work for them) which can be a bit frustrating for those who want to buy the products.

Not only are they out of stock, some major retailers are not even listing it in their mixer section. Long & McQuade, the largest retailer in Canada for instance. If you search for the x1850 it will show up as a special order item, but when you navigate into their DJ mixer section, it’s not there. Strange, since other mixers that are currently out of stock and need to be ordered are still listed. I wonder if L&M are no longer going to carry Denon.

S7 is actually one of the best mixers on the market today, definitely my favorite 2-channel mixer.

1 Like

Does the bpm detection work well with Denon players? One reason I was considering the MIA X1850 was the LAN connection to the SC6000, but the features of the S11 are pretty intriguing. I DJ at events where we bring in guest DJs regularly, so having a mixer that works with Engine, Serato, and Recordbox would be great.

As for the S7, the BPM detection works well both with my SC’s and Turntables. It’s pretty much spot on. There’s a TAP function if you find the BPM to be off and want to manually correct it.

1 Like

@Mixlive agreed, I paired it with the LC6000’s pretty great combination as it has 2 USB A slots for each!

1 Like