X1850 recording to PC

Hi there,

What do I need to consider to record my sets on my PC from the x1850?

Which cable to use, which software/app on PC, any additional drivers needed in PC?

I am very new to this field and appreciate any support here. Thanks.

Basically a usb B (mixer end) to USB A (or usb c, if your laptop uses those) and then why not try Audacity audio software. It’s free and copes with all the channel options that the x1850 offers

1 Like

The cable I’ve. And it’s connected.

But how do I make audacity understand that it needs to capture&record the sound coming from the x1850. Where do I select the source?

Also, my PC signals me that x1850 is connected but I don’t see it anywhere as an external sound card or such … is this normal? Or do I need additional drivers?

You’ll need to install the windows driver https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/denondj/X1850Prime/Install_Denon_DJ_X1850_Prime_1.0.1.exe I believe you’ll see it on audacity ‘input’ options after complete driver instalation.

2 Likes

thank you @rcatelli and @Pasha! your support helped a lot. I am set now.

2 Likes

Hi guys.

Just reading this post and thought I’d try this as opposed to FL Studio which is a pain to record from.

I’ve downloaded the windows driver, connected lead to laptop from USB 1 on x1850 but Audacity not really doing anything.

I’ve got a list of sources eg. Line 1/2 denon prime all the way to 9/10 but when I press record I get error message

“ error, open recording device error code 9996 invalid device”

Make sure your mixer is set to the same sample rate and bitrate that is in the software, I vaguely remember similar error.

Also, for everybody else’s info, you can also use Traktor and Rekordbox in the free, export mode to record directly from the mixer if you don’t need/want to do some audio processing on the recorded mix before uploading it online.

Any idea how how make sure/ change sample rate on mixer. Audacity has a tab in the bottom that says project rate 44100 HZ.

I have the same problem, fixed it, and now have invalid sample rate error. not having alot of luck with Denon products outside of just mixing and having fun. I know my sample rate is correctly matched with the mixer. As far as bit rate though there isnt any bit rate option for the mixer so im at a loss. i even gave up and just went to Serato pro cuz i know it has easy record feature and somehow my ENTIRE library is corrupt even though its all good w/ Engine Library. IDK what to do

Which version of Audacity and Windows (or other system) are you using? I am on Win 11 with Audacity 3.4.2 and and haven’t encountered this issue, though I had similar problems in the past with older versions of Audacity when recording from various sources, but not with Denon DJ gear. Usually something in the settings was wrong …

In Audacity 3.4.2, the program displays the incoming sample rate on the bottom right. For a test, the mixer is set to a sample rate of 48000 Hz. But in the project I have set the sample rate to 44100 Hz, I can also go higher and record at 96000 Hz. Also changing the bit depth in the tab Audio Setup > Audio Settings does not give an error, available options are 16 bit, 24 bit and 32 bit. I am using the Windows WASAPI interface. Also check, which playback device is selected.

To change the sample rate on the Denon DJ x1850 mixer:

1. Press and hold QUANTIZE / UTILITY until the menu pops up in the lower display.
  2. Select 6. Advanced Audio
  3. Select 1. Sampling Rate

As far as I know, there is no option to change the bit depth, but the manual says that the x1850 is a 24 bit mixer. Selecting a different bit depth for the project in Audacity does not trigger an error.

Other settings that may be interesting for 5. USB Audio from the Advanced Audio menu:

Broadcast mode is a relevant setting if you want to use the x1850 with OBS Studio and the mixer will tell you that this mode disables DVS on channel 1. You can also assign USB-channels to mixer channels in the USB Audio menu …

So, check your software version, drivers and settings, and keep things up to date. :blush: :purple_heart:

now i have invalid device error

Screenshot 2024-02-24 060537

if i change host then its host error. usb audio is set to 1/2. all software/hardware is up to date. before any of this i saw the link for mixer drivers and i dwnlded that, which just seems to be mixer control panel, idk either way, everything is current from Audacity to all things Engine

Then I don’t know. :disappointed: Every system is different …

There is a page about error messages in Audacity in the manual:

https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/error_opening_sound_device.html

Maybe something in the sound settings is not right, some people had problems with microphone permission settings for example. Have a look at the page, maybe you find the cause of the problem. From a faulty device, cable or connection, up to weird settings after a Windows update everything is possible.

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

If you cannot sort your issue, install Rekordbox and record using it. The free export mode supports recording.

Checked this?