WiFi connected but tidal not connecting

Soundcloud is working for me all good - just not TIDAL…they have an issue

2 Likes

It’s a tidal issue - tidal streaming for PC softwares is running but not tidal to instant download devices

Same here, tidal was working yesterday, now despite a strong WiFi signal, I’m getting a ‘no connection” dialogue. Come on Tidal, sort this out!

So the soundcloud thing was just related to my expired account. But unluckyly this will lead to another problem in firmware 1.6 as already mentioned in another thread. Because once you changed the password for soundcloud you are not able to logoff and the prime 4 will stay in the soundcloud login loop. Only option is to downgrade to 1.5. The 1.5 behaviour is as follows: Even when the account is expired the prime will log in but it won’t update the libary anymore, but you can still access the gear icon in order to logoff. So please never change soundcloud credentials. After downgrading I also tried tidal, and for round about one minute I was able to access tidal, then the same message appeared “no connection to the network”. So defintely a tidal issue no matter which firmware you guys use. In addition the denon guys did also change the login procedure at 1.6 because as seen in 1.5 you are still able to login altough your account has been expired.

Sometimes issues like this are a good reminder for those foolish enough to think they can professionally DJ using streaming exclusively to abandon that idea.

Yeah good reminder. But if you have a usb stick with music and two 1210s next to your Prime 4 its not a real problem. :v::smirk:

This is the wrong forum for complaints to Tidal, perhaps? Tidal is still working fine on PC and Smartphones, so I am not sure if it’s Tidal’s fault at all.

@DENON We know you are reading here! Come on - it’s YOUR engine! YOU are advertising that YOUR devices are working properly with Tidal! So YOU are responsible to us as your clients for making Tidal run again or at least for finding out and telling us what’s wrong with Tidal atm! Even “server problems, ddos attack etc, Tidal is working on it” would be a better answer than no answer at all.

Finally, at least to me Tidal integration was the major reason for buying the P2 in december. It’s denon’s usp. However, I am carefully observing if this solution is indeed stable enough so that I can rely on it, as soon as restrictions for events are falling in spring. As @SlayForMoney already said, this appears to be not the best idea…

Same problem for me as well at least I know it’s not something I’m doing . Misery love company

my entire Prime Series ( prime Go, Sc5000’s and Prime 2) not connecting toTidal. im thinking what would have happened if i were doing a gig and this happened

It’s a tidal problem

How come if it is working fine on any other devices? Is it up to Tidal to sort it out or Denon should take care of us?

The service tidal provide to denon (instant download rather than it streaming for minutes) is different from the usual PC streaming to PCs and PC based DJ software.

As denon hardware doesn’t update its firmware without the users knowledge and actions, there’s no way that hundreds of pieces of denon hardware could all treat tidal differently on the same day, without the owners updating the firmware moments before the tidal issue.

Why should this be a Tidal issue? No. All tidal services are running as expected, but Denon DJ. So it"s up to Denon to examine the issue and tell us the results!

And if tidal has changed something, it’s up to Denon to keep up the integration eg with new Firmware.

I have been let down too often by manufacturers to let Denon go so easily this time.

1 Like

Not all tidal services are affected - only tidals download whole track to devices service, rather than ordinary streaming service, is affected.

Social media pages suggest tidal can only fix it from Monday

Right, and that’s Denon’s responsibility, see above.

One of the reason why i’ve choosed Prime4 over Pioneer XDJ XZ was Tidal integration.On my last gig on New Year Eve Denon let me down with Tidal,of course it wasn’t big deal,didn’t kill a party but now it is nearly a month when Tidal is not working for me and it’s anoying at this stage…

1 Like

+1 with SC6000Ms. Worked yesterday not today with perfect WIFI. Must be Tidal Issue. Hopefully it will be sorted soon. It is a fantastic tool but I can’t imagine anyone 100% relying on it for gigs at the moment. Had the decks since October and this is the first day with a streaming problem so not a big issue providing it gets fixed in a timely manner.

True, but all firmware versions of all Prime devices are affected without changing anything.

Of course it needs to be resolved by both parties. It’s a shared responsibility; it’s bad for Tidal and bad for DenonDJ; bad for the end-users.

The point here is that WE, the owners of these devices, cannot do anything about it at the moment. We’ll just have to wait it out. Use local stored music, Beatport, Beatsource or SoundCloud. However, you’re welcome to make this bigger than it is. :wink:

Everybody scream! :joy: We tried again today but still the same.

For those who are used to get what they want, what they paid for, instantly,… (Its sooo hard…) :joy::

I didn’t even know that my Prime 4 has got Wifi onboard when i bought it!

When it came to me i updated to the next level and the 3 month trial of Tidal was included in the box.

I would not like to go without Tidal anymore, first i wanted to buy Beatport tracks.

But Ti is unbeatable in sound quality for me.

I can live a day or two without it… Whatever it is or whos to blame… I think it will work tomorrow! :+1:

Boom

Tidal still not working for Prime Go etc - where do you see status updates for this … Also noticed you cant reset settings on TIDAL once onfigured on PRIME Go unless im missing something…only on and off …