Why I will not buy a Prime 4 after testing

For me this sync debate is also funny, because when watching dj set especialy when there is fast mixing I can see that most of the DJs checks BPM on other player and set pitch the same then a little jog move and ‘beatmatching’ is done. The same is with ‘secret’ rule of 0.8. It is like semi auto sync and no one complaining about it. This checking BPM is like a taboo :grinning:

Im intrigued, what is this?

For what it’s worth, hit sync if you want to. The days of beat mixing being the decisive factor in a decent DJ died with CDJs and BPM indicators. I never use sync and can mix almost 100% perfectly from using the BPM on the screen with a tiny audio adjustment in the ear. Reticullis beast mode would be a great addition to add the fun back…

Wrong testing can make bad decisions :blush:

1 Like

When the pitch is set to 10% (which was the standard) 0.80% is exactly 1 BPM. And you keep this kind of multiply beetween the tracks to keep them in sync. For ex. 0.8 on playing and 1.6 on incoming of course the BPM are matching. I think it is from times when players have bpm without coma (like 128) and the precentage was more reliable than bpm readout.

1 Like

8% was always the standard. :innocent:

I am preety sure 10% for ex. cdj-800, cdj-1000 have 6%

Before Pioneer there was a brand called Technics. :smirk:

2 Likes

I was talking about cdjs not vinyl but nevermind

I understand the “standard” range if you always use Pioneer. Which most of the DJ’s have used. I’m just teasing.

For me Technics (1200 cd-player or turntable) and old Denon (rackmount etc) also were default 8%. I have my SC5000’s and Prime4 mostly on 4% or 8%.

Was, but that is not saying, that it was most accurate…