Why are X1850 currently so difficult to get

I was looking to extend my setup with a Denon X1850 mixer but see delivery times of about 5 to 7 weeks.

Do we know why Denon X1850 mixer are currently so difficult to get ? Are there any recommendations for alternatives. I am focusing currently more on the digital functionality. I would like to address the channel inputs over USB what should be possible with X1850 and would not use the analog/digital external inputs.

Global supply chain is broken. No one gets delivered supplies on time. Even Ikea has problems. So we need to patiently wait. I had my Boss rc505 mk2 in pre order for 2 months, came in last week finally. Now waiting for akai force - should be here in couple of weeks as I was informed. So I wait. For the mixer there is still supply of X1800 in some shops. It is a ok alternative to x1850 if You want.

Thanks @NoiseRiser for your answer. I was only wondering since the delivery times just slipped from 2 to 7 weeks. In some cases this could mean that there is a new product release soon.

I definitively prefer to wait instead of going with a X1800. The price difference between both mixer is too less that it would attract me :slight_smile:

Yeah, I understand. I am also waiting for SoundSwitch Micro DMX - want to try it out ASAP, but there is nothing in the shops so far…

Hard times for us :slight_smile:

1 Like

I heard IKEA simply bought 2 container ships to get shipments from other countries themselves. :sunglasses:

Yep, I heard that too. But I don’t think inMusic will buy a boat to ship stuff… Nevertheless they still have a supply problem like everybody else.

2 Likes

Got one for sale FACE VALUE, hardly ever used in prestine condition… LONDON/UK

DEC 21ST:

I know your pain. I’ve had one on backorder since December 2nd. Because of the backlog, many DJ’s are looking at alternatives. I caught an awesome deal yesterday on a DJM-S7 so I ordered it (arriving tomorrow). I haven’t cancelled my x1850 order yet (keeping it open in the event that I don’t like the S7).

UPDATE DEC 28TH:

Cancelled my X1850 order. The S7 is an awesome mixer and suits MY needs. 22 onboard effects that work great with my SC5000M’s. Built in USB hub that’s great for connecting my SC’s to Serato DJ in HID mode, unlocks DVS to connect to my Turntables , and I can connect my Phase DJ via the USB hub for use in HID mode. It also unlocks Rekordbox for Performace Mode and DVS.

Not a mixer for everyone, but works well for me. I’ll revisit the x1850 again in the future.

2 Likes

I have an x1600 you can take. It has better sound quality and has broken less times in eight years than my 1800 already has.

1 Like

Mine’s been on backorder for 4 weeks :confused:

I was able to order one today :slight_smile:

I went with the S7 and am a happy camper.

3 Likes

Got my X1850 today. Like always super fast delivered from Thomann. When I was opening this thread there was an estimated delivery time of 6 to 8 weeks.

I must say, it’s an awesome DJ mixer. Super happy with it so far. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same situation when I bought my sc6000s…

I would have been happy to get the bundle with the x1850 but I’ve always been an Allen and Heath man so it was either a xone 96 or DB4.

Went with the DB4 in the end and couldn’t be happier, it’s an amazing mixer and the whole system just sounds incredible.

2 Likes

I have the Xone 96, but I will love to buy the DB4 as a secondary mixer/fx processor. Its a shame that Allen discontinued the DB series :frowning:

2 Likes

The Xone 96 was in my consideration as well but also not available and a little bit more pricey.

I got it on a very nice deal from Poland (found one last unit they had in stock). In 2022, I will be in for the hunt for perfect condition DB4… when my budget lets me :smile:

1 Like

I was really torn between the 96 and the DB4 to be honest and it’s definitely a shame they’ve discontinued the DB range, having said that, there’s still nothing quite like it on the market to this day. Incredible bit of kit!

I had the DB2 for a few years them sold all my gear right before lockdown and bought a little Traktor S3 which I still have, I love that little thing too!

How’s the 96 with the Denons? I read somewhere that it’s a little quiet?

Not quiet at all. Works perfectly fine. Sound is great and I love the faders. They are so buttery smooth, You just don’t want to stop moving them. The knobs are super sturdy, but I don’t like only a notch on the gain pots in the middle. If You turn the gains there is a noticeable click in the middle position like on eq’s. I don’t see a real purpose of it, as gain knobs are supposed to be set depending on the signal input, not to have gains always 12o’clock… And it gets hot very fast… Besides this little thing - all great.

1 Like