Why are X1850 currently so difficult to get

Exactly the same problem with the gains on the DB4, I don’t like it either!

I’ve played on a 96 in a shop and the faders are beautiful, I’m not overly keen with the faders on the DB4, they’re pretty loose feeling, I expected them to be smoother than they are but it’s a small price to pay.

Everything else is superb.

I could replace the faders if I need to. Normally they are just B10K or B20K… easy to find multiple replacements. As they are in a digital mixer, from any brand will fit if it holds the specs. This way I would adjust feeling of the fader to my taste.

5-7 weeks? I ordered mine in september 2020 and got them in march 2021.

This is really a long time.

Mine took + three months… Ordered in November got the decks but the X1850 arrived March… Now I’m happy… It was worth the wait.

1 Like

FYI, There in stock in Germany, Recordcase:

Still nothing here in the U.S. from the major retailers.

In the meantime, it would be great for Denon to keep us entertained by implementing some of the Feature Requests submitted for the products currently available.

1 Like

What Country are you in, they are all over Ebay here in the US and I found one on REVERB.com used sitting at a Guitar Center for $1100 US and had a Deck Saver and an Odysey Flight case

Just checked and I see that some of the smaller U.S. online retailers (idjnow, altomusic) are offering them both on their websites and through eBay. The x1850’s are still showing a backordered status with the larger retailers. Perhaps the large ones have them but are fulfilling backorders first before changing the online status to available.

Good to finally see them! Because of the backorder issue, back in December I cancelled by x1850 order and bought the DJM-S7 (loving it). Now deciding if I should still pick up the x1850 (decisions…).

You’re correct about the large retailers. I had mine on backorder at Zzound. I got notified of the shipment via email - it was delivered two days later. Online on their website it was showing as still on backorder. Their policy is to service the existing orders first.

Interesting! Thomann (one of Europe’s largest online stores for musicians and DJs) announces that they no longer sell the Denon X1850! It seems that it has been discontinued from their range! Is there something new coming from Denon or is the change at Thomann?? https://www.thomann.de/se/denon_dj_x1850_prime.htm

I would not overvalue it. Consider some weeks ago we got the same with SC6000 and now it is back on stock. It looks like there is only no confirmation for the next delivery date.

If you go in the mixer category it looks quite different. I also would not know why Denon should drop a reliable product. It is what it is and it is doing what it have to do well :slight_smile:

And for translation, “Produkt ist ausverkauft” means only out of stock.

https://www.thomann.de/de/denon_dj_x1850_prime.htm?shp=eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiZGUiLCJjdXJyZW5jeSI6MiwibGFuZ3VhZ2UiOjF9&reload=1 " Leider ist das Produkt Denon DJ X1850 Prime nicht mehr im Sortiment."

" Besuchen Sie doch alternativ mal die Kategorieseite [DJ-Mixer]" They no longer sell this device. It has been discontinued from THEIR range. What this means is what I wonder!

… and finally X1850 is gone completely from the Thomann website and it seems that there are not a lot other companies selling it anymore.

Do we know why, if it is only temporary or if there will be a new model which will follow ?

Honestly if Denon DJ is going to drop it after this short time (maybe they got stuck with the firmware issues which are not solved for one year now ) I will definitively move to something more reliable like Allen & Heath next time if I consider buying a mixer. The FX section and SC6000 integration was the only reason to go with X1850 but honestly I would not really miss it but what I am missing is a better sounding filter and FX :slight_smile:

I find Allen and Heath filters really annoying to use, but that’s personal preference, give me a Pioneer/Controller band pass filter knob all day over that A&H convoluted way of working it.

Honestly I never used one but I see that Allen and Heath mixer are very popular. I am not saying that I am not over all happy with my X1850. But if Denon DJ would discontinue it, it would mean that there must be wrong with it.

Maybe they just can’t obtain the components to build them right now? The chip shortage is still a huge problem, you can’t even buy a new car to spec at the minute.

A&H filters work where you have HPF and LPF on buttons, you then have to make sure the dial is in the right place before activating the button (left for HPF and right for LPF). If you forget and press the button you get instant full filter on the track and it can sound awful.

So you just don’t forget. I’ve owned several A&H mixers (currently a Xone:96), and it’s never been a problem for me, haha. Like anything you use all the time, it becomes muscle memory. It is because of the global setting for the Filters that I returned the V10 and went back to my Xone:96. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

1 Like

Yeah it’s definitely all about preference. My Mastersounds FX unit works the same way as AH mixers so I do still use that technique but I find often it’s only the HPF rather than both If I use it at all.

Most of the time I’ll use the Serato FX filters at home and have the HPF/LPF assigned to those.