Why are there not many using Denon DJ gear in social media?

Everyone is obsessed with Pioneer where I live too, I just take no notice. There isn’t a piece of gear in their whole lineup that comes close to the Prime 2 in my opinion.

1 Like

Perhaps, I dare say many of the other brands older products are also unsupported now though too.

Im not even sure its a confidence issue, I just think they are literally fighting years of ‘but its industry standard’ from people who don’t actually look into what they are getting as part of that standard.

It stems from the old days when pioneer was basically all you got to use in a club (I suspect pioneer paid for this with subsidies etc) then because the younger generation have come along using old pioneer gear they just replace with pioneer because they can’t find much about other brands on Facebragtwitpage and it’s too much effort to goto shop and demo other gear. So they get in the rut of “if you don’t use pioneer you ain’t a dj”. The funny thing is pioneer have just as many (if not more) legacy issues than denon or even stanton denon ( lol yup I remember using those decks). But pioneer just up all their issues denon doesn’t then it’s all “oh denon always have issues… my inherent problem on my sx is obviously something I’m doing wrong”. Denon will get there (quickly if pioneer keep bringing out cdj’s lmao as flagship stuff) the nexus 3000 range is nothing compared to a prime 4

There are plenty of Denon DJs on Twitch (and I’m one of them).

3 Likes

@PKtheDJ Lol. Maybe it’s because we as denon users prefer to let our skill as a dj talk rather than playing billy big balls and taking pics with pioneer gear.

3 Likes

They’re probably doing a wedding or something.

So far I’ve streamed from home with an iPad and my Kontrol s2 MK2 and from a bar with an iPad and Akai amx on twitch.

In 2 weeks maybe I’ll give one deck mixing a with the Denon a shot. Would any of you guys actually watch these streams when posted though?

Carlo and Mojaxx :slight_smile:, I bet they use it because they have a deal. :slight_smile:

I am not caring, but many others will care. What we find on social media should reflecting the over all popularity. We all know that Denon gear is not club standard but for streaming everyone is free to use what he want.

Pioneer Dj does product placement just like Apple and has done so for over 20 years!!! It wasn’t Denon’s delirium. But nowadays to make your place, it’s an obligation to communicate, otherwise it’s dead for a brand.

Here is Pioneer’s business strategy when I was a dealer several years ago:

To be approved Pio, it was not necessary to have in the shop of Denon and Numark, the sales of this kind of product were only on catalog! (We had in stock Stanton, Vestax, Gemini, tascam…)

Pioneer imposed a strategic location in the store and presented as many different products, having at least 5 products in stock, not to mention that it was necessary to have 2 to 3 different products in presentation, then with the years minimum 10 pieces, it was also necessary to have advertising displays (stickers, banners, posters and signs, flyers, dedicated showcases, etc.). Without this we lost all the advantages, we lost our approval for the sale of Pioneer Dj products, lower margin for the reseller, no product exclusivity, longer delays for the availability of a product for our customers and many 'others…

Fortunately, over time things have changed a bit!

Pioneer has been able to impose their products with product placements, sponsorship, marketing, partnership with “dj star of the moment” headliners…

This is what funds hardware and software development!

If Denon had imposed itself years back everyone would swear on them, but that was not their business strategy at that time.

I’m happy to find Denon in the race for DJ products!

3 Likes

You think Carlo and Mojaxx are paid by Denon?… lol.

2 Likes

Social media, schmedia.

The only thing that counts is working out how DJ Yoda does this stuff on Twitch between video, turntables, Serato and a Prime 4. He’s a legend.

2 Likes

Seen him live a few times… does he still do the duelling banjos routine?

He did a great Twitch set on the theme of whistling. Almost apocalyptically funny and ear-wormy.

I did one :smile: Now streaming is basically over down here in Brazil

3 Likes

That looks very nice and the music kind of matches the scenery.

I only spend about 20 min max watching someone live stream. More for the curiosity to see what people are doing with their setups. The only one I listened to for the whole session was the dude with 6x 6000m’s + model 1 on linked sessions.

I’m only going to do 30min sessions once a month and every 4th for an hour until I somehow manage to get more than 500 viewers. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Wyley1 :fist_right::fist_left:

1 Like

I’m guessing Tiesto wasn’t a cheap date :stuck_out_tongue:

Most DJs are sheep and do what others are doing, not because the equipment is better, but because they see everyone else playing on it. Also, when it comes to CDJs, many DJs and clubs have invested so much in the Pioneer infrastructure that it’s not beneficial to scrap everything and start all over.

I played on Pioneer for nearly two decades but switched to Prime because of the innovations. Granted, it was the same for me back in the 2000’s when I switched to Pioneer because of the game-changing CDJ.

Don’t know about Carlo, but Mojaxx was impressed by the SC’s and bought them with his own cash.

2 Likes

Same here. There a lot of PRIME4’s on so many streams.

1 Like

Did you ever hear on something like influencers ? At leased they are getting the gear for a certain time to make a review or to present it to the public. What is happening afterwards is out of my scope.

:slight_smile:

@Mixlive Mojaxx definitely likes Denon DJ gear. As far as I know, the SC6000M is his favourite gear if it comes to media player.

1 Like

I think it would be good for you to find out some facts before casting your assumptions onto what these people are doing.

In fact your comments are just coming across as classic trolling technique, make claims you can’t back up then place a weak caveat at the end of them to abscond responsibility for what you just claimed.

Both of them have bought the equipment with their own money, and this information is incredibly easy to find if you want to look.

1 Like