What was the last DJ related item you bought?

Pioneer recently is full of disappointment anyway…

:laughing: At least you get to unbox.

I had to unset up and re-box

Whats going on there?

I’m moving so things are packed for storage until I find an appropriate place to whip them out again. I failed to find any good land for sale this summer so I’ll have to settle for an apartment for the winter unfortunately.

1 Like

Almost two months back I bought myself an early Christmas gift…it’s a pedal I’ve been wanting for a looong time!! Stock was drying up around the web, and I figured if I didn’t buy it then, who knows when it might be available again?

8 Likes

I’ve just ordered one of these:

3 Likes

That looks sweet, be nice to hear what you really think of it when it arrives.

Where did you order from?

I ordered from Amazon (as I have a free Prime trial).

It wasn’t the cheapest one, but it can run on AA batteries or USB (some are USB only), and it also has a remote control for picking colour and adjusting the fade parameters.

It will be on camera during my Twitch streams :slight_smile:

Peace of laser engraved acrylic with wooden stand and led uplight.

No, the stand is plastic! :slight_smile:

They seem to be commonly known as “3D illusion” lights. There are lots of designs for the upper, illuminated part. Some look more 3D than others.

I was watching a DJ on Twitch the other day, and he had one (bought by his girlfriend as a gift). I liked the look of it, so I bought one.

Thanks for the info, when you stream to Twitch, send the link on - could do with some vibe in my life right now.

So I did it too… bought some dj stuff… again…

Well one was a gift from my father - Numark Orbit And 2 effects units RMX-500 and RMX-1000

3 Likes

I’ve got one of this bad boys. The wireless bit isnt working again but i use it for Video DJing…mapped it to Mixemergency.

Why isn’t wireless working? Something happened with it?

I don’t know. It just stopped working.

Numark even sent me another wireless dongle but no dice.

Did You tried the pairing sequence?

I tried everything, but it defeated me.

I just abandoned the wireless function. I use it wired anyways.

1 Like

I looked those up everywhere(RMX500)best I found were used/no new ones on eBay. They reckon the RMX500’s are better than the 1000’s

I’m just a bedroom dj so I just use the wet/dry full anticlockwise on channels and make sure I tweak the EQ mids,lows set the gains to 0db(3db Max rarely) Wouldn’t mind a RMX500 effects unit but no brand new ones around don’t really want to buy second hand off ebay. Channel faders on xone 43 at 70-80% I find ok gives me 20-30% leeway.

Good thing about the xone 43 is its analogue so good for turntables/vinyl. Also love how solid it is not like cheap light flimsy plastic mixers. Good resistance feel on channel faders EQ pots/buttons nice rubber feel not cheap plastic either.

Yeah, build quality is excellent on the Xone mixers. I also have the Xone K1 running in via the X-Link and it makes using Serato DJ much better. I’ve never really tried the send/return X-Mix or whatever it’s called. I remember there being some phasing when it reached the middle so never bothered again.

A few years ago I picked up a Korg Kaoss DJ to use as a backup controller but it is also a Kaoss Pad so will probably hook it up to see what it’s like.

1 Like