What was the last DJ related item you bought?

Had to get a third leg today. My table top is 200cm. Now it’s solid.

Pulled the TT and Phase out of storage.

Will let you know how it copes with scratching

6 Likes

Nice, you have them set quite high, i’m only 5’ 6" so mines are on the low end.

Just realized how neatly that fits into the alcove :slightly_smiling_face:

I am 6’2”. So set them at the highest point.

Thanks…would be great if they are, especially raised up at that height

It pretty stable. No wobble.

4 Likes

Final. Hung my monitors, always had them on the floor or in shelves depending on space. Night and day difference in terms of acoustics.

5 Likes

KRKs, what are they like, i had been looking at a pair of these a couple of years ago but never made the jump to get them.

Id say a decent quality, reasonably priced monitor that get a bad rep without much reason.

Some posts would be also be nice to be added to the “show your booth” picture topic. :relieved:

2 Likes

So, just got back from Amsterdam with fresh, still like new Xone DB4. Damn, I was looking for a perfect one so long… finally got it :partying_face:

Photo taken together with my Xone 96

12 Likes

Nice one Noiseriser.

I’ve had an email about a certain soundcard arriving this week so hopefully some Serato 3.07 related DVS coming soon

1 Like

Reloop Flux in the house… it’s great and Serato on 2ms latency, 50fps screen refresh isnt even touching the processor, or getting remotely warm.

Wired up with DDJ-SP1 and LC-6000 powered off the internal hub, Laptop connected to the PD port so its charging and passing data on one cable, the whole thing powered by my MacBook Charger and a USB-C cable.

The old dog, resting on the floor for the time being, will be packed into my random DJ cable bag tomorrow, along with all the cables, my posh RCA are too short so I need to buy some more, cheapo ones will do for now.

8 Likes

MoJaxx was seriously impressed by this, not something I would ever have any use for, but I like to keep abreast of things.

1 Like

I’d say it weighs at least twice as much as the Rane SL3, absolute tank.

Only problem is, the inputs outputs are on the wrong side, when you turn the outputs near the mixer the deck outputs are the wrong way around, plus the power and USB ports face towards the mixer… it’s a non-issue really though as doesn’t impact the performance.

My last box was an SL3 about 10 years ago…brings back memories of trying to switch DJ laptops in the club. Those days.

Enjoy your latest acquisition.

How are you finding the sound quality?

1 Like

So far so good Mufasa, I’ve had to ramp the trim up a touch over the SL3 I think, but then that may not be the sound card itself, I’ve only had 30 mins on it so need to test a bit more. It sounded great though and the control vinyl is tracking nice and accurately too.

Very nice. All the USB-C stuff sounds impressive.

100% Ian, means you dont need to faff around connecting dedicated laptop chargers and USB hubs etc, just a single cable to the laptop I can leave up there and quickly connect to start mixing. The powered hub is great for peripherals too.

Imo all DJ gear should have a dual use USB-C port now, data and power transfer, DJs should be able to plug their modern laptop in with a single cable to the Controller/Mixer.

I agree. Just not with usb-c, the flimsiest of all the connectors. Death to usb-c!

Im slowly converting to it and its flexibility, although a modified version with stronger connection would be welcome.