Tree and listview scroll logic is off (stutters with trackpad + inertial scroll)

Howdy folks! I’m unsure if this is known to the community, but it seems that the scroll logic for Engine DJ 2.1.0 is really off. Long story short, try to scroll the grid view on the right using the “Magic” (LOL Apple) trackpad and the view resets to some previous value during the scroll, then continues the inertial scroll. I’ve run into this both on the M1 and Intel macs, so I don’t think it’s a hardware architecture issue.

This issue occurs both on the gridview and the tree view as well.

• Engine DJ v 2.1.0
  • MacOS Monterey (12.3)
  • Intel Architecture & M1Max architecture

Here’s a video demonstrating and explaining how to reproduce:

Bump. Anyone else experiencing this?

It’s still a problem as of today. It’s really annoying. I hope they fix it soon. You should tag this as a bug-report

1 Like

I feel really silly asking this: How does one flag something as a bug here?

I just meant you should tag it with ‘bug-report’. Not sure if it really makes any difference or not. When you first create a post it allows you to add tags to it. I think you can do it after the fact as well.

2 Likes

After all the recent updates, we are still seeing this. Two Engine users here with one on an 2019 Intel MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.3 and myself which is on an 2023 M2 Pro MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.4. Both of us have this scrolling issue and it can get really frustrating at times.

I decided to grab my 2012 MacBook Pro running Mac OS 10.15.7 with Engine 2.4.0 on it and it scrolled without issue. I then updated it to Engine 3.0.1 and it worked even better! So it must be related to the latest Mac OS.

Hope this helps at least a bit getting this solved.

1 Like

Same here, in an old imac, big sur … still seeing this …

1 Like

It’s still a problem on new machines without the Logitech software installed.

Seems like not a priority.

Makes sense given some of the major bugs the decks have :frowning:

Added bug report tag finally. :-/

I’m having this issue in the library and grid view as well.