Touch screen sometimes not responding

This looks like needs customer support contact… I was advised to ship devices to service/seller for exchange/investigation/repair.

That’s a bit of a concern for me as I can’t really go without my decks for the weeks it would take to send them in and get them returned.

Well, I have the same, that’s why I have 6 decks :smiley:

The same on my two sc6000… Everything is perfect but when I put finger to the right side on my touchscreen and do up and down unfortunately the screen freezes :slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face: F*ck :rage::rage::rage:

@AIRVince - this issue seems to be spreading pretty fast…

I have had the same issue, I have the decks for about two weeks, and I love the way they work, I just hope this screen freezing issue could be resolved asap :neutral_face:

From the comments on here it seems quite a few people are having this issue. It would be safe to assume that plenty more who don’t read these forums also have the same issue. I’d like to know if it’s something Denon support are aware of. Something they’ve been able to replicate themselves. Something they’re working on a fix for. Personally I find it real hard to replicate the problem since it seems such an intermittent problem, but denon techs would presumably be better at pinning down a cause than an average user would.

I have a pair of SC5000s and one of them just recently started to turn on without a responsive touch screen. It can stay like that for hours until it randomly just starts working again.

It’s really frustrating, and I’ve tried everything… from hard power off, updating the software… I wish Denon could temporarily fix this issue by allowing us to use the buttons to navigate the screens that are touch only: the USB profile select and the power off. That would be of much help while the coding gets figured out for this one.

Like this screen:

I’ve uploaded a video of the issue:

Well an update for me. I haven’t actually had this issue for a few weeks now. The only thing that’s changed is that previously I was using an external SSD or thumb drive connected to a USB port. Now I’ve switched to using an SSD drive inside one of my decks. It could just be coincidence that my screen stopped locking up when I switched to an internal drive but it might be related. Especially since the screen always stopped responding when I was scrolling through a list of songs so it could be related to connectivity problems with the device it was reading from. When the problem did occur I think it was always always the unit my external drive was connected to that had the issue and not the other drive that was linked with an ethernet cable. I’m not certain of that though. In any case I hope this info might help others who have had that problem. And if there are any denon support people following this thread (I really hope there are) then I hope this info can help get the issue ironed out.

Hi, Since I have upgraded to firmware 1.6.0 I am experiencing the exact the same touch issue. Yes, I can confirm that I touched the right scroll bar before my SC6000 get’s totally unresponsive.

Is this a known bug? Will it be fixed?

1 Like

This just happened to me on one of my SC6000Ms running 1.6.1… Whatever the bug is, it causes the digitizer on the display panel to become completely unresponsive. I had to load subsequent tracks using the physical buttons. Eventually had to restart the unit in the middle of the mix. Hope the Denon devs know what the issue is and have a fix coming out quick!

Not fixed , just noticed the same on one of my sc6000’s if I use the right hand scroll bar when browsing a crate it renders the touch screen inoperable, can’t power it off then :+1: Firmware 2.0.0

I had the same issue with one of mine I’ve had to send it back.

The deck was purchased in January this year so could it be an issue with the batch that was manufactured.

funny mine was from approximately that time period also…mmmmmm

Odd that people are still having this same issue when it hasn’t happened to me for a long time now. Since roughly the start of this year. As mentioned in my last post the only difference I can think of is that it hasn’t happened since I started using an internal SSD drive rather than an external USB. I don’t know if that is coincidence or if it’s significant.

I think I have found my issue, in engine lighting on my sc6000, if I have to touch the settings cog in the very top right of the screen this causes the screen to stop responding, the reason I have not noticed this before is if you don’t use engine lighting then in normal use there is no icon to touch in the that top right position, so I may have had this issue without knowing. I have emailed support last week and again today but so far no response from them

Try to use right edge of the screen. Just touch in random moments. See if that also causes the freez up.

Yep that does it, it staggers when using the scroll bar as well, I have soundswitch issues as well where engine does not connect to the other player and then retrying to start stop causes crashes,I’m not sure where the issues are, hardware/ software etc, I have so many

I had experience with my friends sc6000 that had issues with display. Touching on the random part of right edge of the screen cased the touch to stop responding. Even when touched it on the waveform.

Mine would be fine for hrs then freeze, l’ve had no problem with the one I purchased October 2020.

The player has been returned for repair