The New ‘Denon Flagship’ Media player will… 🔵

I know this thread is about the “flagship” media player, but I look at the Prime Go as a flagship battery powered player. A Prime Go 2 is waaaaaay overdue. Especially given the overhyped intro of the Omnis Duo.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with the emoji? Where’s my emoji :cry:

1 Like

Now I’m trying to remember what it was.

#EmojiGate

2 Likes

#BlueDotMustGo

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter how many times i load the topics up, i still look at it and think, oooh new comments.

1 Like

a + would be pointless there were clear advances between the sc5000 and sc6000, it is only stems in my view that would be prompting new media players however which clubs/bars/festivals are going to buy them? As much as it pains me to say Pioneer is by far and away the market leaders it’s not even close, to me making new players at a time of financial instability lots of bars/pubs (in the UK at least) have closed down so where is the market? For me invest in the software is key. I do not scratch and the sc6000 jogs are fine to me but if someone is prepared to spend 1400+ on new players just for the jogs, iI wish that person luck

Ok let’s vote on what to replace it with lol.

How ‘bout this :unicorn:

Appropriate emoji given the subject title is a unicorn right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read rumors that Denon DJ might give up media players completely and focus on all-in-ones. I certainly hope it’s not true.

My 6000s serve me well and I can’t think of much that would make me want to upgrade to an SC7000. The jogs have some room for improvement, but that’s about it. Stems would be cool, but I’d prefer pre-analysed ones for better quality.

1 Like

Just enjoy the 6000s. They’re still ahead of the competition. : )

3 Likes

It says I have the option to edit it and I tried but for some reason it won’t change. So you’re gonna have to just live with it. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hahaha it’s fine man :slight_smile: makes my day a little more interesting :thinking: (sounds like a truly sad life that I lead lol)

Work with tidal but not require you to pay extra :joy:

In the new flagship Denon deck I would love to see a MIDI Clock output and input on DIN5 or mini jack to integrate and sync any groove box/sampler/sequencer with the dj gear without the need of external tools that would translate ableton link to midi.

2 Likes

Where are all the leakers?:sweat_drops:.

Looks like the time is coming upon us for inmusic new releases. I’m still sticking with the idea that the sc6k update will be just the jogs and Amazon. Maybe with stems too.

What happened to the Rane performer?

Yeah, any new Prime player separates I would assume would also have stems and the stupid Amazon chip. My preference is obviously an SC7000X that’s both touch and motorized platter, and then an X3 or XL-13 hybrid full size turntable after the problematic VL-12 design was necessarily discontinued, but with the focus on the all-in-one ‘consoles’ lately, I can’t help suspecting that the design of new separates is probably being neglected. They also need an X1900 mixer after the X1800 having no strict quantize option that people complained about (not me) and then the X1850 with that option apparently having a defective 96khz mode and still no user-replaceable upfaders.

I’m afraid Denon DJ are taking for granted the fact that they won’t be able to topple Pioneer in separate club equipment and have decided to refocus on the mobile DJ market with standalone All in one products. It’s understandable that they want to concentrate primarily on this market, but I think it would be a mistake to abandon separate equipment altogether.

Firstly, because having a range of separate club equipment serves as a flagship for the brand. Secondly, many DJs aren’t particularly fond of All In One products (I’m one of them).

And finally, even if there hasn’t been a massive shift in industry standards in favour of Denon, many DJs have nevertheless abandoned pioneer to switch to the separate equipment in the prime range.

It’s a slow transition, and it’s a long-term battle to change habits. We can’t say that the SC5000/m and 6000/M players have been commercial failures, far from it. These are products that have had very respectable sales. To stop making this type of player would be an admission of failure for Denon. They are getting back into the game and even if it takes time, it’s not the time to give up.

The fundamental point that Denon must improve is the quality of manufacture and construction, and above all choose better quality components, particularly for the mixers.

The x1850 uses components that are far too fragile, low-cost faders and oled screens that are also fragile. Numerous studies show that when DJs or clubs invest in this type of equipment, their number one criteria is reliability, ease of repair and availability of parts. And there’s still work to be done in this area. Many people would prefer to spend $100 or $200 more and still get top-quality components and first-rate construction.

The worst thing is that InMusic knows how to make quality, robust products, and Rane is proof of that. The credibility of the Denon DJ brand in the professional world is at stake.

2 Likes

Oh, and an optional rotary kit on the new mixer with the replaceable upfaders would be nice. There are a lot of DJs using the Prime player separates with non-Prime mixers, including rotaries.

I intended this post to express my opinion on what the new iterations of of the 6k series flagship based on what I’m seeing with my own eyes with the Ranes.

Inmusic has been doing pretty good with ‘technology transfers’ between products in their lineups.

We kinda know that the updated players aren’t going to be that spectacular.

Are they even working on any?

1 Like