The New ‘Denon Flagship’ Media player will… 🔵

Have the same jogs as the Rane Performer.

And Amazon Lol.

Maybe haptic feedback too.

Or just the same just with the +

I think haptics is overrated on DJ gear with all the vibration potentially coming from the sound system, but I think an SC5000-sized unit with a jog that is both motorized and touch sensitive makes sense. I suspect they could get a larger display and jog in that size unit without needing to make it bigger, though possibly not as large a display or jog as the 6000.

And then the other thing to release would be a full-sized hybrid TT with Engine OS like the X2 for those that want something big and with a tonearm. If the dual motor/touch idea isn’t practical for Prime, then I think the hybrid TT alone would make a good addition with the other existing models remaining. Call it a Prime X3, maybe, with two digital layers and one phono layer?

They need a new mixer, too, though, because the lack of ease in replacing the upfaders is widely complained about, those white rings pop off too easy, and the X1850 apparently has an issue with 96khz mode. It’s about that time for a new model, anyway, and I’m sure they’ve probably learned some other ways of improving this evolving design further due to warranty repairs and such. X1900?

1 Like

Confirmed news or speculation/wishing/requesting ?

1 Like

@Reticuli

I’m reaching very far in imagining haptics I must admit.

But it’s not far reaching to assume that the next ‘M’ will have same jogs as the new Rane.

@Pasha it’s just speculation but you can kinda tell if something like that might be coming up.

First and foremost, weird thread title (kinda clickbaity).

My opinion:

SC6000/M are still fresh and good. I see no reason to rush a SC7000 generation tomorrow. Wait for it. The current Screen is already overkill. Jogs (both the static and motorized ones) are very good. Play/Cue buttons had been updated. Design is sleek and stealthy. CPU and RAM aren’t cutting edge, but less critical than on a 4ch-workstation like P4/+ or Live4. And to hell with Amazon Music, it’s overrated and the extra DRM requirements & limitations (2 streams) stink.

A motorized P4+ could, of course, borrow certain components from the Performer. Since most people (including me) find the 6" jogs on the P4 units to be a tad too small, while the 8.x" jogs of the SC6000 units certainly would be too big, a 7" variant would form the perfect compromise. The Rane One has 7.2" jogs. The Rane Four has 8.5" jogs. Yes, they could keep the chassic, make those jogs motorized and just add a display behind, but together with the required additional controls, CPU housing (+cooling), bigger PSU, etc. that device would be stupidly big.

Now if we are talking about the P4/+ successor itself, I could list 20+ points and ideas of improvements out of my head, with more when I invest some time to photoshop a proper mockup, or 2-3 variants, because why not, my jackal head is always full of ideas.

1 Like

You know the 6000’s are due for a plus update right?

I was thinking the same as everyone else. Same deck just with Amazon. :crazy_face:

But I see with my own eyes the Rane’s jog and instantly recognized that it would be so easy to just drop it on the + updates

Denon DJ maybe less but Rane? What with the Serato/AT situation, regardless of the outcome, inMusic will probably hit us with a Rane controller running Engine OS in the future.

It will most probably still run Serato DJ but I predict they’ll be a Prime 4 innards restyled in the Rane look and push Engine OS once it’s got a few more bells and whistles added.

Or adapt Emgine OS for iPad and have that run via a USB connection from the back of a more lower budget controller to depend less on the market leader DJ software and keep a tighter control over the whole experience.

1 Like

The current SC6000 screen is darker than the 5000 screen and has worse contrast, the non-M jog still has issues, and the unit is enormous. I think the 6000 is too big overall, and while I have both 5000 Ms and non-Ms, I’d be down for a unit that could do both, with a brighter screen than the 6000, and the ability to have a functioning tension mechanism that doesn’t screw stuff up. It’s been about as long now since the 6000 was released as compared to between the 5000 and 6000. There’s also the Amazon chip and stems processing headroom that a new model would allow. Pioneer DJ does have a marketing advantage with the CDJ-3000 of more processing capability, and ARM chips have been rapidly advancing recently. Anyway, I’d throw down for a hybrid TT, too, if it were available. If I’m going to get something big, I want a tonearm. In for a penny.

1 Like

There is no need for an sc7000 or sc6000+ at this time the feature set and capabilities are still good, sc5000s are still being supported I believe.

From a hardware perspective i was never keen on the play/pause and cue buttons but I have learned to live with it.

Everything else is fine just some tweaks and refinements which is the same for any company.

Denon has done a great job with the players and credit where it is due Engine OS has come a long way too.

For me investing Denon has paid off massively but I would stop short of handing over possibly £4k for an sc7000 set up.

What I do want is consistency with the pads the sc live 4 pads are terrible how they passed quality control no idea Denon have the same pads across the board.

The second thing I would want is an LC6000m come on Denon it’s about time.

Software wise Denon is behind in some areas but not terrible however the new features from DJ Pro need to be adopted into Engine

And where is Stems I know for some it is not that important but I just want to try it out some clarity would be useful l.

Not for most of us I guess but there is still the rest of the world to bring in.

Information embargoes are the first clue that something’s up.

I don’t think that the updated 6000 series will receive much other than the + badge but it highly possible that there will be new jogs.

Inmusic incorparates the same tech throughout their various brands. The new Rane is an actual insight into things to come.

All pointless if they do not improve product reliability, Having owned sc2900,sc3900,sc5000m and now sc6000m I can definately say denon before and during sc3900 had great quality build. With sc5000ms great inovation but poor build quality, now with sc6000 range same deck bigger platter but same poor build, this applies to all inmusic brand products now....poor build. I own Akai MPX, same poor build but great inovation. Sad but true, wait till your decks break, they wont help. My old 1997 technics 1210 decks still work, my sc5000ms needed new motors after 5 years and my x1800 mixer is rubbish built and poor sound…dead within 5 years. New denon flag ship will be just as bad. To point out, I am not a troll, I do own a lot of inmusic brands kit and this post is honest.

1 Like

You sure your SC5000Ms don’t just need to be relubed? I still haven’t bothered yet, rather I just leave them on an hour before using.

I must have gotten really lucky with my X1800s, as my two still work perfectly. Sound is a little weird, but honestly I don’t know why, as they pass a signal through them amazingly well as shown in TrueRTA & RMAA. Need to get them on a pro’s bench to test the audio more thoroughly, I guess. I also notice most other people don’t complain about the sound when I’ve played out with them or other people played on them before the pandemic. That would be really something if other people complaining about the sound have defective units and I have very rare perfect units that sound fine and I’m just missing the signature of my other mixers.

What happened to your X1800?

As I think about it more I’m starting to think that when the updated 6000/6000M+ models get released they will both have different jogs.

I can’t wait to see what will be coming out soon.

So what are people’s thoughts on when new hardware will be released then? Rumours from Namm show that inMusic took some people to see some new hardware at another location!!

I think there will be a prototype of any sort within the inMusic family at any point in time. And NAMM is a good place to involve some outside people on the roadmap of product.

And to add my 2 eurocents on armchair imagineering of new flagship hardware. I’m thinking along the lines of a new flagship mixer. With EngineOS and a 10 inch screen Bringing the mixer capabilities of the Prime4 to the standalone world. Utilizing the screen for the library, freeing the screen estate on the players for waveform and music information. And/or to use the screen for an even tighter integration of Soundswitch. (ie color overrides, blackout, smoke, strobes)

1 Like

I had a horrible thought on Saturday at my gig. Someone kept placing their pint of lager down on the DJ table about 6 inches from my Prime 2… its insured, but my worry is, if i have to replace it, what the hell do i replace it with?

That’s not a bad idea. It could even dip a foot into the same market as the Tour1, with all the above stuff I mentioned, maybe a second cueing system somewhere, higher-end Ethernet and other ports, an AES/EBU output, and a removable screen. I personally would hardly ever use the screen or second cueing, but it would differentiate it from the two prior X18xx mixers.

If the X1850 96khz mode cannot be fixed in-software, though, InMusic might want to go with an X1900 as I outlined, and then an X2000 at the same time with the stuff added that you indicated and marketed more towards major installs and touring, even if other people buy it, too. The Tour line was even more outrageously-priced than normal Pioneers, so making something in that category that normal DJs can also afford might be wise.

If the 96khz mode can be resolved without a new model being required, then I’d think going straight to some super duper X1900 with everything previously suggested makes more sense than two new mixer models.

That Emoji in the title is possibly one of the worst things Ive seen on here in ages, just looks like there are more comments all the time at a glance.

2 Likes

Fixed it for you.

3 Likes

The joys of being colourblind, can’t tell the difference between the notification and a blue devil lol.

1 Like