"The following peripherals did not come online" error is shown when turning on a Prime 4

I’ve updated the title to better fit the issue that is being discussed.

@DjMambo

If you are experience an issue which you believe is hardware related, the best thing to do is to contact customer support. There’s only so much that forum support can do here.

https://www.denondj.com/support

I’d like to add to this thread even though I already have a support ticket open. I’ve been having this particular issue for about a week and have been trying to troubleshoot it every day to no avail. I have not received a response from Denon support and I am awaiting response from Sweetwater(where I purchased the unit) to try and troubleshoot or exchange the unit for me.

Issues started occurring for me roughly 2 weeks ago, while using 1.4.0 Beta. Initially the Deck 1 would stop working(play button does nothing, can use jog wheel and load tracks though) but would work again after reboot. Then, I started getting full system crashes where all tracks would stop and the entire unit would freeze and the decks and mixer would stop responding. After rebooting, the decks and mixer would not load, and instead I would see the default platter LCD glowing and the FX sweep buttons lit and the effects channels buttons lit up only but nothing on the mixer or platters would respond. After about a minute of waiting half the time I get an error message that says “The following peripherals failed to load during boot: Mixer, left display, right display, etc.” If I chose “Update FW” about half of the time it would try to update the firmware but it has never done anything other than reboot and not work if I choose “Ignore” nothing works and I have to reboot the unit and try again.

I have tried: Updating to 1.3.2, Updating to 1.3.3(worked for about 5 minutes before freezing twice), updating to 1.4.0. Waiting a while (at least an hour) and coming back after installing 1.3.3 and 1.4.0 seemed to help, as the unit would boot properly but then I run into the issue where it crashes and then wont load after reboot.

This renders the unit completely unusable and I’d like Denon to address it immediately or I will have to return the unit and will likely just switch to tried and true Pioneer CDJs, as painful as that cost to upgrade may be. Hearing that it’s a common issue for over a month that hasn’t been addressed is terribly concerning and I hope the admins can escalate this issue so it gets rectified immediately and doesn’t ruin the chances of this unit becoming a standard.

1 Like

Firstly have you contacted Denon support? You say it’s an on going problem so if not why haven’t you ? Secondly “Common Problem” you think two or three cases is common ? All with that issue have been sorted out by support

@Uk79mod Please read the first sentence of my post before making such a rude and unhelpful comment.

As usual with electronic components, do not update when it works well. Sending your unit back to Denon or to your reseller seems a good idea. Good luck.

@DjMarcoMarco That is bad advice but I guess thanks for your unhelpful and blatantly false comment. Updates are essential and anyone who knows anything about technology would understand why your comment is terribly flawed. As I described above, I had been using 1.4.0 for sometime before this issue arose and it doesn’t appear to have anything to do with which version I am using. This appears to be a software issue that could be fixed with a patch. Sending it back to the vendor would actually be significantly worse outcome than a patch for this bug being issued and if I do have to return the unit I will be switching to something else(most likely CDJs).

1 Like

I had this issue when the Prime 4 was first installed at work. I’d had it for a few weeks and then moved it where I started getting the mixer not being online and play/cue not working. I think it happened around 10 times but after a few weeks it has stopped and hasn’t been seen since.

I’m always keeping my eye out for it though but Denon DJ was great and referred me to a dealer if things persisted. Luckily I didn’t need that.

I did read and I think you will find that Denon Dj support are on the ball when it comes to dealing with this type of situation.

Clearly you didn’t if the first sentence says I opened a ticket and the first thing you asked was if I opened one. Still no response from Denon on this issue either. Meanwhile, I’ve worked with Sweetwater and they’ve done a great job trying to troubleshoot but concluded that Denon will have to fix this with a patch or exchange the unit if it’s a hardware issue. On the ball would have been solving the issue, creating a support link for it, and responding to these forums and the tickets with solutions, none of which have happened so far.

@Nekoro_DenonDJ

Any updates on this issue? I can replicate it reliably on my unit. I have removed all drives including SSD and the issue persists. I get about 5-10 minutes of play time before freeze and then peripherals wont load on boot. I have not received a response to my support ticket.

Please contact me privately about your open support ticket, @entrepe.

sono pienamente d’accordo

Same problem here can someone plz help me…

Just want to reply to update everyone here. If you have this issue you need to contact Denon support for a replacement unit while it’s still under warranty. This is a known hardware failure issue that happens to a small percent of units. This happened to me and I swapped units and no issues.

1 Like

The screen freeze issue on the 8000 was due to faulty memory ic’s. The ic’s that were used were made by Winbond - a reputable brand. Unfortunately when it come’s to mass production there is always a chance of getting a bad batch. The screen freeze issues only started after a period of time, so no quality control process would pick it up. There was no way of knowing which units had bad ram. Now if you look at the amount of people experiencing this P4 problem, compared to the amount of units sold, it’s only a few people, maybe 1% - if that much. Fortunately Denon are prepared to take responsibility and sort it out. Are controllers getting too complex? Well, If you look at the complexity of cellphones, no - not by a long shot!! No product can be manufactured to be 100% fault free. This type of thing happens to every electronic manufacturer in the world… Samsung, LG, Apple, etc etc… and yes even Pioneer.

3 Likes

I had this issue a few months back around 5 or 6 times and it cleared up. I’m keeping en eye on it as it’s not done it again but good to know they are swapping units. I got an extra years warranty with Gear4Music so two years is okay.

Same problem for me. Brand new unit – just got it today. Hoping to hear back from support with a plan to fix. :frowning:

Support? Just return to the reseller to get a new one!

I’ve reached out to them to see if they are able to swap a new unit for me. Hoping for the best in dealing with them. Definitely bummed that I have apparently received a lemon.

1 Like

I had a DOA SC5000, so it can happen.

If the reseller gives any trouble, I’m sure support will help.

3 Likes