"The following peripherals did not come online" error is shown when turning on a Prime 4

Thanks for the info, we will wait until you have more details for us before proceeding.

Well the error has not returned since the second firmware update, which is good and bad as we still do not know the cause of it! I will report back if it happens again.

This suggests that there’s a certain amount of power/current in the prime 4 and the mixer section isn’t getting enough of it during power up if other things, connected inside and out, are taking power, like internal drives, external drives, and not forgetting mobile phones and all sorts of other crap connected to it.

I have the same issue. Did you find a fix?

1 Like

I had the same issue as mentioned above. Mentioning peripherals and ver. 1.2.1. I had firmware 1.3.1 in my P4. Tried upgrading to 1.3.2 and then turned it off and then on again. Now after it starts, just the screens (main, and both platter screens) stay lit. And nothing else, no response from any buttons either. Any help? Or should I return this unit?

1 Like

I have the same issue. and updated to 1.32, Now it got worse. Just the screen works and nothing else. All lights go out. Are we going to get helped?
Thank you Btw. I have updated mutiple times with 1.32, by the laptop method and powering on while holding eject, since that was my only option because no buttons are responding.

Yeah it seems to be intermittent as far as it happens every other boot up at different time periods ranging from immediately to minutes into a set. I also noticed that my record function counter does not tick/count out elapsed time, then freezes the whole software again. No fix yet, I’m willing to send my unit in to wherever I need to as there is no denon support partner in my area.

1 Like

Can you reproduce this issue and send video of this instance happening @DjMambo?

VID_20191028_195854.3gp (762.5 KB) VID_20191028_200007.3gp (675.5 KB) After a gazillion updates, it finally stayed lit when I was ready to record the video for you. My happiness was in vain though, because it is still showing that “peripheral mixer” message, and I can load a track but nothing happens when I press play. @Nekoro_DenonDJ

@DjMambo This is exactly what i was experiencing do you have an SSD drive in the prime 4? if yes what make is it?

In reference to @Ampliphase’s comment, does this error message appear when there are no drives (internal SSD/SD/flash drive) plugged into your PRIME 4?

It appears with or without any drives in it. No ssd inside it either. Only used it with thumb drives, twice and about 3 hrs. Tops

Nothing inside it.

No Response. I hope DenonDj comes up with a fix. I am a loyal customer. And have bought the expensive denon stuff. Paid $1500 for a denon dn-d9000 cd player back in the day. When I pay for an expensive unit I expect for it to work. If those units need be recalled then do so. Bad fame is horrible for any company. I already had to return that unit to the store. Will give it another try and buy one more P4. But if that one is shot too, then that’ll be it for me and Denon Dj.

1 Like

I wish we could find out what is causing this! My P4 did it twice about a month ago i updated the firmware as prompted on the screen and it went away on the second install and has not returned since however it is always on my mind that it could return at any time.

You see Ampliphase , the problem is that the Denondj staff has to be more responsible/aggressive about solving these problems. The only one I see responding here is @Nekoro_DenonDJ … And even he is saying “we need more information”. Well the information is there. Different people are experiencing the same problem. My suggestion is just give one of them an exchange for a working unit, and use the deffective Prime 4 to find out what is wrong and a way to fix it. Having a good reputation is worth that and more. I am ordering my second unit and would also appreciate the info if found out.

1 Like

Everything is so easy

With hindsight…

Someone starting a whole topic off with a title as general as “not working” doomed the topic from anyone being able to talk about one problem solely. It’s very like yelling “Do it… come on do it! “ to a dog rather than giving specific detail. The three or four people with different symptom jump on and then no single answer or resolution was going to help all

And being more aggressive has never been a plus for customer services

Being more aggressive towards fixing the problem

Just under this post if you count them it was 7 people, with the same exact problem. While looking for a solution in other posts I found other people with the same problem as well.

The common words of “not working” or “help me” or “doesn’t work” are so much useless on post titles. Many topics look the same even if they have much different content and deeper information within.

Also some of the 6 or 7 post la on this thread are just the same people writing of they same problem on the other threads, making it look bigger more common.

It is a problem and needs a adjust - yes!