Sync via Engine DJ is a mistery? Please help out ...

i am asking me the following: i got all my tracks in a folder on PC that is synced with onedrive (you can ignore that - see it as a local folder that is my personal root for tunes) .

when i got my numark mixstream pro i used an empty SD card and the latest engine software to sync that whole directory - with subdirectories that became playlists. all good. now on the player side i sometimes had to re-adjust the grid and/or the BPM*2/:2 - so there was a lot of information saved on the playerside.

whilst in the field, mixing with the player, i cross a lot of tunes i wanna delete. so i delete them from onedrive from the phone-app (which deletes it on my main pc aswell) - good for the real collection - but how do i proceed from here? there was no syncing the SD via engine dj since the initial “copy-all-over” action as i did not know how to proceed from there in a logical way.

i also added like 4-5 tracks to my onedrive-dir this month and exchanged some versions (all on PC only). those should aswell go from the main-pc-side to the SD-card whilest deleted tracks on onedrive should be deleted on the SD aswell - and important: whilest the edits i did on the player should stay aswell.

i am honestly confused what the next step (from initial sync) now should be to keep it all good. i appreciate any help VERY much guys. thanx and greetz.

On paper

1. Sync back SD card changes to PC first
  2. Sync from PC to SD secondly

Removing files from onedrive folder directly (like you are doing using the one drive phone app) will result in red files in Engine DJ (desktop)

2 Likes

The man @mufasa nailed it again… Nice one mufassa

Thanx for that tipp - but that was not the way to go. It´s a lil more complicated than this, sadly. Imagine the 1DRV-folder as automaticly synced on all devices. So when i kill trakc son the road - they will be gone on my PC when i come back, which is good. But a simple sync from B to A and then from A to B was not the solution in my case. The solution ■■■■■ but worx: Kill the library - add it fresh with all the changes in it. Only this way renaming, deletion, movement and structuration (creating or moving subdirs) comes out exactly like in the source. but really thanx anyways. im getting very used to the machine.