Streaming Equipment, what worked for Denon users?

Yeah, it really does have its strengths when making sure files are filled out. Luckily I do all mine.

With the mixed results thing I was kinda thinking down the lines of intermittent connection if the WiFi is on. I hear some people have no issues but I have to disable WiFi on the MacBook (like when using SoundSwitch). If I start without WiFi and then switch it on once the Prime gear is connected then it will hold the wireless connection.

1 Like

I stream weekly (about 30 avg viewers, making a push for higher PPV ) and my setup is “basic” LOL I have a lot of SAMMI & Streamer.BOT/TwitchSpeak stuff as well. I’m pretty versed in OBS.

Audio 2 x SL1200MK3D + M44-7 w/M44G tips 1 x SC5000 PRIME 1 x A&H XONE96 1 X X1850 1 x RMX-1000 1 x ARTD7 1 X Tube MP Project Mic Pre 1 x RDL EZ-MCP1 Mic Compressor 1 X HD 25 2 x KRK ROKIT 5 G3

PC MSI PRO-Z690-A DDR5 128 GB RTX 3060 VENTUS 2X 12GB Intel® Core i9-12900KF

Cam 1 x Logitech BRIO Webcam 2 x Logitech C922

1 Like

Thanks @KrisONeil and @MrWilks For the shoutout!

Here’s my setup:

• SC6000
  • x1850 Mixer which is plugged into a Windows laptop using the built in soundcard
  • SoundSwitch connected to DMX lights and Hue lights
  • Sony a6100 camera with Elgato HD60s capture card
  • OBS and NowPlaying2.com (of course)

I stream on Twitch (Friday 8pm PST, Sunday 1pm PST)

5 Likes

My pleasure mate :slight_smile:

I recall you mentioned the Windows machines somehow did better than Mac’s, graphic-wise, right? If you look at my video and see when the ID’s change, the picture more often than not pixelate for a second right up before change - not sure if that’s the built in graphics card in the MBP not holding up?

1 Like

OBS uses h264 to encode on the fly to send to Twitch. MBP doesn’t have that so it uses the CPU instead of GPU. On windows I have an Nvidia card so OBS uses the GPU which can handle more. to encode.

2 Likes

Hi again, when you say files are filled in, is this music that is in the MP3 format?

Love it :facepunch:t3: you have the energy and outstanding lights, I’m now thinking I should get a lighting set up, I have my own rig that I use for friends parties, I really like that you are using them to full effect along with the beat. Thanks for posting what you use.

Now here is an idea which some of you might want to be part of? How about we all do a live stream, an hour each with Denon DJING, would be fun and show off the equipment, you lads have the top equipment that Denon do, would be nice to get others involved, I only know one other Denon DJ who is from Ireland :ireland: and I’m sure I could convince him to join in, he has a Prime Two. Just an idea and might be some fun.

That’s a cool idea @Thatswhatyourmumsaid !

I stream with an Atem Mini Extreme. No one else uses an Atem here? It’s a very convenient way to stream. I use OBS for overlays and of course now playing 2 :sunglasses:

I know it’s a mess… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Oops. I meant ID3 tags!

If you want to get a DMX setup then you’re looking at investing in SoundSwitch to give your tracks eye candy. It is a good way to go but if you’re only live streaming it is a little extreme. Luckily Denon DJ & SoundSwitch created Engine Lighting and with that you can use off-the-shelf lights with little setup and no subscription costs.

Personally I’d grab a Nanoleaf starter kit and a pair of PlayBars & a Hue hub to get you going. It’s not cheap but they are available on eBay for a good price and if you buy the Hue lights, they can be reused around the house. Engine Lighting only works with the Nanoleaf panels. The light bulbs and led tape don’t work which is a shame as they are so cheap compared to Hue bulbs and LED tape (which do work).

For me, 4x Play Bars, 2x Hue Light Strip and various coloured bulbs around the room help with giving tracks ambience. They chose to make Engine lighting flash every Hue light the same colour (which isn’t great) so the Nanoleaf panels will help offset that.

Some software like the Open Source https://lightbeat.io/ can do Hue lights outside of Prime hardware and it is also free and gives more of a light show. Maybe @TRIODE could include an update to Now Playing (V3?) that could include its own Hue integration one day? :thinking:

API available: https://developers.meethue.com/

Linking Hue lights and Twitch subs etc is possible with IFTTT along with other fun features.

As for streaming, it would be great if others got in the case. I think Mufasa is in Ireland too.

1 Like

Just wow :star_struck: that’s some set up :up: I’m getting the feeling you are all pro at this game and I am only beginning lol that’s some serious equipment and dedication. Are any of you on Soundcloud? I don’t do social media, six years free of that stuff and a clear and healthy mind, if you do let me know your handle so I may follow and see what you all prepare and release. I’m the same on Mixcloud and Soundcloud Thatswhatyourmumsaid

Cool stuff man! :slight_smile:

Just finished a new one with slightly different settings:

Added an extra camera (scenes changes automatically via “Advanced Scene Switcher”), and used Engine Lighting for the Nanoleaf. It’s currently not processed via Soundswitch, so it just follows the grid, without taking breaks etc. into account - hopefully next month it’ll be 100% via Soundswitch :slight_smile:

Also turned up the Nanoleaf a fair bit and toned natural light down. Obviously hurts the camera quality, but adds a bit more atmosphere (hopefully, haha!)

1 Like

Ohh! The bars on the ceiling to hold the lights! I didn’t think of that. Great idea!

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 16.03.54

I bought a pair of these U-King mini LED movers off of eBay two years ago, brand new… £52 for both. Bargain!

Do you have the LED tape between the Prime hardware DMX too? Taking it to the extreme, grab a DMX LED decoder for around £28 and really get those Prime decks lit up!

1 Like

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

The small led bars are all dmx and controlled per deck / mixer separately.

I had the idea actually from you @MrWilks

2 Likes

Literally epic. Amazing setup.

1 Like

:kissing_heart: @MrWilks

This was a test setup with a 360 view

1 Like

Is this a motorised slider? I have one of the Smooth 4 gimbals with a programmable movement that I was tempted to use.