Soundswitch rescan collection after add new fixture

Hi all. Fyi I own the control one. The software is a little complicated. Unfortunatly there is NO pdf user manual. Only some YouTube tutorials. Why is that???

But after playing for a couple of hrs I get the picture.

I found this problem which is a big issue.

Exemple, you have 1000 scripted tracks. When you add new fixtures OR maybe add a whole new venue.

The new fixtures are NOT in your show. They only run with the main track.

To have them do something Nice you have to scan ALL your tracks again.

That is way to much work.

Point is… SS knows how my tracks are scanned (dynamic, party, hiphop, etc). So, why do i need to manual rescan all my tracks again…

Let’s hope ss Will come with a solution…

I am completely with you. Most of the times, i rearrange my LED strips, i add a new fixture or change the behavior (if it is my main spot, secondoray and so on). I have to scan everything again. At least for now i don´t found anything to change that.

I mean honestly if you have prepared your set, than you dont have to do all tracks. But sometimes i freestyle and search in all my old songs, therefore i scan everything.

One thing that improves the performance of SS. Select the venue you want to create the light show (Tabs with the shows), than use the script function and select only this venue. Otherwise it would need to create for all venues the light show. I have 4-5 venues with a couple of lights (around 20 or more) if i create the lightshow for all of them, SS crashes or takes very very long.

After using Soundswitch for more than a year now (and adding the Control One), I have no problem adding songs and scripting those new tracks. But now, I want to start adding fixtures. I found this discussion, and am wondering why there’s no new info about this. Seems like a pretty straightforward “ask,” to add fixtures and not mess with any previous data or work on a scripted collection. Why would we have to start from scratch, just adding uplights to a gigbar setup? Is there an easier way?

simple answer, NO

after adding new fixtures EVERYTHING must be scanned again. Soundswitch is a nice light solution but way from user friendly. I had de ONE controller and tested is out for a few weeks.

The main problem is rescanning. There is no solution for. Rescanning is a lot of work. Too much for me. I sold mine and switched back to other light solutions. I heard WOLFF is very nice to work with

no there isnt any change to that “Problem”. Only thing that speaks for this way right now, is that soundswitch also creates different lightshows when you add new lights. This means, the new script can differ from the old script, due to the fact that it optimizes the light show in regards to the new light possibilities. For example, chases are fitted to the amount of lights you have.

At this time, IMHO, until the Soundswitch programmers release a new firmware that only provides for the addition of a new light device, the only possible solution is to use the software in standalone mode, i.e. without autoscripting the library tracks, with desktop PC / Mac via ethernet or using Engine Lighting directly inside Prime devices.

sorry to jump in with a question ive been searching for ananswer i wanted to buy a control 1 for moving heads dmx control i have 4 of them and the demo guys said this would do everything i wanted including programming scenes etc is this true and how can this be done without instruction manual and then he said i have to pay monthly just to use it at home is this true as its £255.00 to buy

You do the configuration with the soundswitch computer software. If I remember correctly you get 3 months free with the purchase of the control one.

Just config all your fixtures, static looks, position cues within that free months and you’re good to go.

You don’t need to pay for soundswitch if you want to use it with a Engine Os device.