Do I need to rescan my tracks when add new fixtures or venues?

Hi All,

Question about creating new venues in soundswitch project.

I have this project, for exemple called “project X”. This project has 1 venue with some lights (some dmx lights at home). I scanned a lot of tracks with autoscript. works great.

Now here it comes. When add a new venue and also new lights (dmx light at the studio). After adding new lights in this venue I don’t see scripts for the lights in this new venue (when selecting a track which was scripted for the first venue)

What to do now??? Scan all the tracks again? that works but its really stupid because everytime a light changes you need to rescan your collection.

logic thinking: the tracks are scanned, so the software knows the speed, the breaks, drops, etc…

Soooo… How do I get the tracks scripted without scanning??

Thanks in advance.

What I know:

if you add new lights to an existing venue and the tracks are not re-scripted, the new lights only follow the master track such as brightness and color.

I don’t know what happens to a new venue

Whoow… that is rubbish… It means everytime you make changes in the lightshow or create a new venue with same music collection you must rescan your collection. That is a lot of work… not all tracks are scanned the same way (house, urban, etc etc).

I think 99 out of 100 dj’s will not do that. Just to much work. As a DJ the focus is on music not light. playing the wrong track has big impact. Chose the wrong color is not noticed.

Let’s hope the team from soundswitch will find a solution…

Gave the same answer here:

"I am completely with you. Most of the times, i rearrange my LED strips, i add a new fixture or change the behavior (if it is my main spot, secondoray and so on). I have to scan everything again. At least for now i don´t found anything to change that.

I mean honestly if you have prepared your set, than you dont have to do all tracks. But sometimes i freestyle and search in all my old songs, therefore i scan everything.

One thing that improves the performance of SS. Select the venue you want to create the light show (Tabs with the shows), than use the script function and select only this venue. Otherwise it would need to create for all venues the light show. I have 4-5 venues with a couple of lights (around 20 or more) if i create the lightshow for all of them, SS crashes or takes very very long."