Sound GLITCHES SC6000M

There are constant sound glitches in version 3.1.1. & 3.2., They last less than second and sounds like track slowing down. I observe this on both players, platters are spinning normally. Bug is random, seems to be more present after boot.

Tracks are OK, if you skip back, bug doesn’t repeat.

1 Like

If MOTOR is off, there is no glitch.

1 Like

That sounds more like a motor issue than firmware but … does it happen to both your 6000m’s or just one?

If both, I’d suggest you wait for at least one more firmware update before sending them in.

1 Like

It’s firmware 100%, how exactly both motors would get this issue just after firmware update?

More and more I believe this is joke…

2 Likes

Just downgraded to 3.0.1… somebody from inMusic came and fixed motor…

Wonder if this has to do anything with latest bloatware and lack of FEATURE QUALITY.

Woah, another user has this issue. Thought it was just me.

1 Like

Can you provide more details on how to reproduce this?

• how are your decks setup?
  • internal or external storage? What type of storage?
  • are your decks networked? If so; how?
  • what is the file type of the song?
  • how long does it take for this to manifest?

Both players have internal storage, samsung evo 2tb, they are in network but It really doesn’t matter since this setup worked all good and It’s still working with older firmware. Type of media don’t matter, can be FLAC, MP3 or else.

T

Thank you. I asked these questions because they were asked of me when I reported this issue.

Some suggested that this could be a network issue. Interesting to hear that you have the same problem but not dependent on the network.

/cc @EffEff

Could be, but at this point I feel more like beta tester than user. I paid for a product not for the experimental setup.

At least two releases branches are needed here, beta and 1000% stable.

How this is managed is like butcher shop.

I have the same problem with my Prime 4…turnde back the software to 3.1.1.

1 Like

+1 for sound glitches with the SC6000M — mine are minor (they sound like a compression artifact, or as if the system was buffering the rest of the song) but definitely present and very disapointing. I’ll try to deactivate the motor and see if that sorts it out. I did record a dj mix today that is plenty of these “holes”… let me know if you want me to upload it somewhere so that you can compare if the issue is the same you’re having.

1 Like

please do so and share any timestamps. If you have video, that would be great too.

I just created a screengrab of the recording I did in my dj set. This is just one of the examples I have throughout the set. Literally just uploaded it to YouTube so give it a moment to process:

Sounds like a buffer underrun or something. can you hear these from the source material? what are the stats of the files?

1 Like

You cannot hear them in the source material; also just did a set with the motor off and everything ran smoothly…

1 Like

How are your decks networked?

What do you mean?

I have a single SCM6000M playing on Layer A and B at the same time. I then have a LC6000 controlling layer B.

Test without the LC connected.

Sorry. I assumed you had more than one