Some exciting new features forthcoming!

Listening to Phil Morse stream, it sounds like there are some exciting new features on the way in upcoming Engine OS updates.

• On Screen FX

• Smart Playlists

• Fuzzy Key mixing

• Day mode

• HUD for on screen performance pads

• A rumour of something currently only available on software :eyes:

Looks like the future is definitely going to be bright for people invested in the Engine ecosystem, exciting times.

6 Likes

Interested to learn about the fuzzy key mixing if indeed it is a thing 8)

1 Like

Not something ill use personally but its a huge and popular feature to be added.

What is it exactly, i mean I’ve heard of fuzzy logic in computing terms but never heard it being used in DJing.

Ive just googled and found this:) seems useful for people who like to use keys as a way of mixing, i use them as a guide for tracks i dont really know, but then rely on instinct.

Fuzzy Keymixing: The Easy New Way To Mix Anything Into Anything (digitaldjtips.com)

2 Likes

Now if only my brain considered using one of the most common forms of internet search engine.

Stupid brain :thinking:

2 Likes

Hahaha, reading into it, i guess its basically just a way of saying ‘even some tracks that arent in key sound good together’… but provides an algorithm to assist with it, and also makes use of key matching to do it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I LOVE the CDJ3000’s implementation of Key Sync. So, if Denon are looking to copy that, then this is a really good upcoming feature.

“Day Mode” is definitely another awesome feature that is lacking on standalone hardware.

2 Likes

Yeah very good on both accounts. There is some other stuff coming too I think.

Cleveland Terry revealed another feature to be coming in his review of the Numark Mixstream Pro Go.

Definitely looks like a great roadmap ahead.

4 Likes

Yeah that bluetooth in is going to be great too (just dont tell annoying request people)… The Prime 2 I bought 2 weeks before 2.0 came out is now essentially a brand new product, and I haven’t paid a penny, crazy in this age of rip of subscriptions and cash cows.

2 Likes

“Can I just Bluetooth it to you?”

“Sorry, I can’t do that” [nose grows longer]

I’ll use it for Serato Pyro on my phone fed into the system. Mixing background beats.

3 Likes

At this point, the ‘industry standard’ is just miles behind isn’t it… Denon might not have the market, but they’re surely trying their hardest to offer the consumer excellent value for money.

5 Likes

I’m so excited for all these features. It almost feels like getting new gear with every update. Check out this video if you want to see the on screen fx in action Numark Mixstream Pro Go : A true game-changer in DJ technology? - YouTube

2 Likes
  • A rumour of something currently only available on software :eyes:

Managing tags or ratings would be great if we could modify the rankings directly on the standalone device. It would be fantastic to have the ability to adjust the rankings on the device itself.

7 Likes

Fully agree but I think this rumour might possibly be the ‘S’ word :slight_smile: (although this is just a guess, but Phil Morse tone in his voice pointed to something much bigger than ratings)

3 Likes

stems ? I sincerely hope so

5 Likes

Fuzzy keymixing sounds great! Being able to shift a track up or down a couple of semitones to make mixing in key more flexible is an absolute game changer.

2 Likes

Super exciting stuff if true. Looking forward for smart playlists

3 Likes

Exciting times for us Denon users! Love the upcoming additions and can’t wait to see what other fun things might come along! : )

1 Like