Some exciting new features forthcoming!

those are awesome news ! can´t wait especially for the FX !

The quality of pitch shifting will hinge on how well this works. It’s great in Serato, who developed their Pitch N Time plugin apart from SSL/SDJ and later added it as an option.

That said, even +1 semitone can lose a lot of low end, so you can’t always count on that to work. You don’t want your 808 kick to sound like a low Tom. :rofl:

2 Likes

YASSSSSSSSS!

I hope they import well from Serato. I’ve got some extensive Smart Playlists on there that are essential to my workflow, so that’s been on big hold up from pulling the trigger on a SC6000.

My guess is they won’t import at all and it’ll have to be managed in Engine desktop itself.

I agree, they can be generated on desktop engine and then console Engine will “see” the stems, but the load will be loaded on the pc

1 Like

Smart playlists and network shares would be the icing on the cake for me, the latter being my priority, or even a built in VPN client so you can connect to your home files wherever you are, would free us up from paid subscription cloud storage. After all as I understand it, it’s a linux OS anyway so it’s all possible

Anyone had the stream or video? So that I can watch it again.

Its on the digitaldjtips review of the new Numark unit.

1 Like

Smart playlists is the one thing I have really missed since moving from RB.

The keymixing thing is fine, but it wasn’t hard to do manually in my opnion.

Now I just need to find some software that will find the original release date of tracks I get from ZipDJ (what a royal PITA that is), and update the metadata.

1 Like

Very exciting: https://www.digitaldjtips.com/7-surprising-things-you-may-not-know-about-engine-dj/

2 Likes

Agreed! The only two things I missed from Rekordbox were Smart Playlists and Pad Effects! That’s one down! : )

I think the on screen touch FX are going to be the direction with Engine, plus it sounds like on screen pads are coming too.

Use the mp3Tag and check it against Discogs. You’ll likely get close.

1 Like

All these new features would be great, but i would also be happy if they made it to where to can sort playlist from Tidal / Amazon Music etc. (BPM etc.)

I’m so excited about the new features. It all sounds so exciting

I think that’s what I meant. Engine Desktop imports the smart crates from Serato and translates them.

You’re right on the money there.

2 Likes

I hope the “S” is for Smart Playlists and not Stems. (Although I would not hate having stems also)

:slight_smile: Both would be BEST!

Phil Morse pretty much confirmed Smart playlists are already coming, so i think its something else that he was saying is ‘rumoured’

The on screen FX are the most useful thing for me personally.

1 Like

Could this week be the week :eyes:

5 Likes