Slow internal SSD SC6000M

Hi all. After months of Re Building my Libary, New SSD Drives. Extremly slow loading from internal SSD. I have Samsung 870 EVO …This morning i Factory Reset both SC6000M. And i’ve found a FIX!..Hopefully somebody more computer minded can solve it permanently, But if you turn wifi off, on both players, the internal SSD is Rappid and works how it should. THE players WIFI some how interfears with the internal SSD speed. So if your internal SSD is slow, factory Reset Player, then turn wifi off on the controller or each player! This makes the internal drive. Work as it should do, fast… Maybe now it can be fixed by Denon Ty have a nice day , MyKal !

This is an interesting find.

If it works for others then it’s definitely worth the team looking at that as a source of the problem.

Let’s see if others can verify and get more traction behind it.

Interestingly I have no performance issues and I rarely have wifi switched on so this could be a thing.

Awesome, hope it helps lead to a perm fix. Its still slow using a link sharing 1 SSD , but i have 1 SSD in each player. But the WIFI off speeds the internal drive up. Searching an actual track by typing in search is slow and not working…But fine loading playlists etc. . I have all the most recent Firmware also …Thanks for the reply :+1:

FWIW my SC: Wifi is ON. Ethernet is connected. Internal SSD still fast. Searching is instant (10000+ collection, not overly large).

1 Like

FWIW my SC: Wifi is on. Ethernet to link both players. Any SSD (SATA and USB) is slow on the networked player, loads fast on the host. 35000 and 70000 collection size…large.

I will try this now.

FWIW disabling wifi is one workaround too far…i need tidal.

This i need to check out tonight, thanks for the information.

1 Like

OMG OMG OMG

Dude you deserve a cold Guinness.

I just tested and you have just ended weeks of suffering.

@Mykal Thanks

1 Like

Haha, for single players, it’s a good lil Hack!. For controller not so good if mixing stream site, with music stored on internal drive. I hope Denon can do an update fixing it now, it’s clear the wifi effects it 'High 5 ‘’

I just tested it with WIFI on.

Before your solution - it was slow to even see the playlist content on the remote player, now its very fast. Tested wifi-on and wifi-off, loads fast

Search on the remote drive is now like 69 secs for the first search, this is night and day difference from 3 mins or more that it took.

I think the trick may be the “factory reset”

@Johan you may need to try this.

1 Like

I haven’t tried the networked player. First load of a playlist on the networked player takes about 17 seconds. Search has always been fast on that player as well. Networked player might be set to Wi-Fi OFF, only ethernet.

On the SSD host player everything was never slow with Wi-Fi ON, on my end. So nothing like stated below if I understand correctly:

Tested with both players on wireless active and logged on to that network. Ethernet is also still connected. I cannot really reproduce slowness with Wi-Fi ON tbh. It looks like it is a bit slower when connected and then powercycled.

Could very well be.

Anyways, good find if it helps members with issues!

In my case the host player (SATA/USB SSD) was never slow.

My issue has always been the Network player.

So I added Tidal into the equation and the player is slow again.

Do you use Tidal?

1 Like

I factory reset all 4 of my decks and I am kinda blown away how snappy things seem to be at first glance.

Will continue to test as I have a 3hr performance in 30 min. Will circle back.

Tried it.

Left decks unattended for a bit.

Came back to them, restarted the decks, it’s slow again.

Still trying to figure out what is what.

The variables

1. Factory reset (host or network or both players)
  2. Wifi On/Off
  3. Tidal on/off

One things we can comfortably out-rule is need for SATA-SSD or WD/Sandisk/Samsung

So far

1. reset of only network player only seems to work.
1 Like

I factory reset all 4 of my decks and I am kinda blown away how snappy things seem to be at first glance. Will continue to test as I have a 3hr performance in 30 min. Will circle back.

not sure if it’s a coincidence, but I did experience a (somewhat) catastrophic failure, where after 2 hrs into my set, Deck #3’s UI and HID became non-responsive. Here’s a quick video where you can see Deck #3’s failure occur live. The video is in full 4K, but as of the time of this post, HD & 4K versions are currently transcoding, but I wanted to post quickly so anyone following could see the issue in action.

For anyone following this, here’s my current configuration:

________
---------------->| 1GbE   |<------------
|            --->| Switch |<--         |
|            |               |         |
|            |               |         |
1            2               3         4
Client    Primary         Primary     Client
to        with            with        to
Deck 2    internal        internal    Deck 3
          SSD             SSD 

Tagging [my thread also](https://community.enginedj.com/t/serious-performance-issues-with-engine-os-3-0-on-sc6000m/49168/41),

At least were getting somewhere, with it. AWESOME SET UP BTW :+1::+1:

1 Like

@Mykal

Eventually got to try this out on my SC6000s - made relatively no difference to me i’m afraid, this was with an internal and external SSD on seperate tries.

Eventually went back to a USB stick for convenience.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming cos I know we have similar issues.

2 Likes

I wonder if a good workaround for the entire issue would be caching the database files from the non-networked player onto the networked player(s). That way the search function is querying a local database instead one across the network.

1 Like

I just hope, this will lead to the experts fixing it in an update, im not technically minded enough. I just found the factory reset. And wifi off by accident,and tinkering about as i was annoyed how laggy it was Lol Both my SC6000M has its own 2tb ssd in each player, if i leave wifi off, i can zoom through all my playlists and tracks fast. I have a libary all analysed on engine dj and then synced onto both drives, with a libary of about 185,000k tunes. Probs why i cannot type search tracks, but doing this its fast as it should be. And tracks play fine …it’s the Factory Reset that , speeds the ssd’s up for sure…

2 Likes