Show your home DJ booth (Part 1)

Thanks for the heads up on that - now to look for DONOR VyniL!! I can see that 70’s vibe on that call out. I have a 1972 Pioneer PL570 near MInt (that I am disrespecting in the coming photo by placing gear on top of it) which is why that platter looks familiar to me. None the less nice job w your custom.

I got my new Mixer and Dang this set up has become a Sheeet Show. I need to get a new table / bakery Rack but this is the real for now while i work things out. I am disrespecting my 1972 Pioneer PL570 Automatic ! Quartz Direct drive deck in the process along with my Gemini PDT6000 (cool table as well with the two Sliders 1 for Key adjustment and the other for Speed) and the Denon mixer is rising above the Ecler Nuo 2 with the custom Hand painted dust cover. And Yes this is my Work from Home set up, Octo Monitor status. Almost looking like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre suite for DJ’s

1 Like

I was in the used DJ gear bizz for serval years and came across a mint pair of these that I had sold off.

During testing I hooked them up to Rekordbox dvs and to my surprise the key slider changed the key within the software and retained the BPM. It blew my mind to how the software worked this out. I could understand using vinyl and its internal circuit trickery… I just thought it would make the software go mental and fail. Quite clever stuff.

I also remember they had unstable platters and weak motors that needed a feather touch (same as the PT range)

18 Likes

Cool! You decided to post it. Nice! I am the guy from “DJs & HiFi” that suggested you come on here and show us your setup. LOVE the Blue, Green, White (Prime Colors) theme you’ve got going on. LIke I said on that post, it’s not necessarily something I’d do for myself, but I think you’re 'ish does look clean AF!!!

4 Likes

Hi does the m’s make any strange noises when tilted at that degree?

I had a pair of the old dns3700 on cdj stands over decks they didn’t like it. The motor would make a creaking sound and more the angle the worse the noise. Found that they couldn’t be tilted more than 15⁰ and best kept flat.

Interesting they can be setup like this without issues :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Love this clean clear set up, tops

1 Like

Hi mate

Yes i finally put it on. Sorry for the long delay in replying ive not been online very much on this forum as ive had absolutely no problems :blush:

Hope you are well.

Dave

Absolutely no noise at all. I have no problems with them neither.

Many thanks

Dave

Crossing my fingers for you. Hope that arrangement works out and doesn’t cause long term issues. I recall InMusic peeps speaking very highly of the Prime motor design for some reason, and if that’s something they can do fine, that’d certainly be praiseworthy.

Fostex planar is a good match for the new Denon mixer.

Kit list:

• 1x Denon VL12
  • 1x Technics SL1210 mk2
  • 2x Denon SC6000
  • Mastersounds Radius 4V mixer
  • Mastersounds FX

(looking to add a couple of LC6000s soon hopefully)

16 Likes

I had my SC6000m’s mounted like this and the motor dragged horribly. I had to level them out for them to work properly. I’ll post a picture shortly.

Just ditched a foldable table and coffin for this costco standing desk. The former was well protected but this looks so much better. Its more sturdy than i thought it would be.

10 Likes

I saw similar to these in Costco UK the other week. Hight adjustable too?

Yeah costco and its height adjustable. I was looking for furniture such as a sofa table or entertainment console but they were $700 or more. This was a good middle ground.

1 Like

Looks super clean! I like it!

1 Like

Bought an Apache Audio stand for the CDJs so I could get everything hooked up and usable at the same time. Now the setup feels like proper overkill!

9 Likes

It may ‘appear’ to be overkill, but at least you are utilizing all 6 of your V10’s channels. Unlike MOST peeps I see out there…w’ only two CDJs and that behemoth of a mixer.

Looks great!!

1 Like

No doubt ! the CDJ 3000 have really a better look and color scheme