Show your home DJ booth (Part 1)

That’s a very nice setup there, nice and clean.

1 Like

Pure sex :heart: I’m planning to have dedicated DJ room in my house one day :grinning:

1 Like

Awesome setup! What kind of mixer do you have?

1 Like

vinyl, sobber sobber …

very nice room.

1 Like

Howdy - Thanks. Mixer is a custom SSA (Soul Sonic Audio) build, which is the custom division of Condesa out of Australia. Base model is a Condesa Carmen IV which is 100% analog, discrete circuitry, with a bunch of modifications and build-to-order features/specs such as selectable 3/4-way 4-pole master isolator, independent 3-way 2-pole channel isolators, linear power supply, machined solid aluminum knobs, etc. Here’s a few closeup shots:

6 Likes

Thanks man. Highly recommended. It certainly helps inspire, and makes it easy to just drop everything and get to mixing a session on the fly since everything is setup and ready to go at all times, including all the soundproofing so rest of house isn’t disturbed.

1 Like

Haha, dunno about winning anything, but can assure there’s no partying going on in here… well, nothing that’s gonna tear stuff up like typical parties always seem to do. Been there (plenty of times). Done that. Got the T-shirt. :sunglasses:

My current home studio/club

• 2x Technics SL1200MKII
  • 2x Denon SC6000
  • 1x Allen&Heath Xone:96
  • a few lights and smoke machine :dark_sunglasses:

15 Likes

Finally all white :heart_eyes:

21 Likes

Ho! Ho! Ho! Must’ve been a good boy this year because Santa hit the crib a lil early with a brand spankin’ new pair of SC6000 Primes. Just installed them in place of the SC5000s YUM!

20 Likes

Studio

Living room

12 Likes

Awe the DZ1200s :heart_eyes:

1 Like

6 Likes

6 Likes

Same!!! So excited!

1 Like

holy ■■■■, that is fantastic!!! great work :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Here’s my set up, absolutely love it!

9 Likes

That is an outstanding setup! I wonder if there are any Xone 96, PX5, or 92 users on this thread?

Dunno about “best mixer” but it certainly works for me and my playing style. Regarding the turntable weights; that’s exactly what they are (also called record ‘stabilizers’). They are used for several reasons, one being overall sonic improvements by adding mass to control resonance. The other reason is to help prevent any slipping of records during cueing that happen to have warping/cupping, which is especially beneficial for rare/irreplaceable records that otherwise would be very difficult or even impossible to cue. Picked them up in a Tokyo record shop eons ago while in Japan. Think they each weigh somewhere around 300-400 grams. They also feature an integrated bubble guide to assist with precision balancing of turntable.

3 Likes

I did some changing…sl1200 out…reloop RP 7000 in…and a couple of Dateq mixers…:blush:

And The Beast in the middle…

Wy also the Dateqs?

I’m also a vinyl dj in Holland with back to the 70’s show…only vinyl, no “digital” music…

I love it!!!

4 Likes