Show your home DJ booth (Part 1)

6 Likes

Same!!! So excited!

1 Like

holy ■■■■, that is fantastic!!! great work :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Here’s my set up, absolutely love it!

9 Likes

That is an outstanding setup! I wonder if there are any Xone 96, PX5, or 92 users on this thread?

Dunno about “best mixer” but it certainly works for me and my playing style. Regarding the turntable weights; that’s exactly what they are (also called record ‘stabilizers’). They are used for several reasons, one being overall sonic improvements by adding mass to control resonance. The other reason is to help prevent any slipping of records during cueing that happen to have warping/cupping, which is especially beneficial for rare/irreplaceable records that otherwise would be very difficult or even impossible to cue. Picked them up in a Tokyo record shop eons ago while in Japan. Think they each weigh somewhere around 300-400 grams. They also feature an integrated bubble guide to assist with precision balancing of turntable.

3 Likes

I did some changing…sl1200 out…reloop RP 7000 in…and a couple of Dateq mixers…:blush:

And The Beast in the middle…

Wy also the Dateqs?

I’m also a vinyl dj in Holland with back to the 70’s show…only vinyl, no “digital” music…

I love it!!!

4 Likes

ok here is my humble little studio…

13 Likes

DJM-V10 + two new Strymon pedals

18 Likes

Nice. Are you the guy in the middle of this photo @KevinBasher ?

11 Likes

It’s not as bad as it appears in the pictures, but beat-juggling would be impossible :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Beat juggling would be a serious cardio workout :rofl:

Made my day … :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Long arms aren’t good enough these days. He need an extra set of 2 smaller arms. lol. It’s a nice looking setup though.

Here’s my updated setup. It requires short arms lol.

It meets all my needs for djing in this day and age with standalone sampling and effects. There’s a foot pedal on the floor so I can trigger to record when my hands are busy and to quickly erase when I screw it up. And it’s all synced though Ableton link.

This is just for home. My giging gear is different.

Looking to see if Denon brings out a 2ch mixer that works almost exactly like the x600 or might get the prime go for giging if an update allows for adjusting bpm while gridding and monitoring line levels instead of only for the master channel.

4 Likes

Nice! Is recording and playing back on the 505 “quantized” by using Ableton Link?

Yes, but it’s done via midi cable out (iRig Pro) from my old iPhone to the 505 using the Link to Midi app.

1 Like

Hey, Stereodreamer, would you possibly divulge how much your SSA custom cost you? I wanted to DM you this question, but your profile is hidden. I am going to buy either a custom ‘Carmen V’ or ‘Lucia’ within the coming months, and wanted to get a ballpark idea of how much more Condesa charges for custom work.

Hey. Sorry, didn’t realize my profile was hidden here. Not sure why it was either. Anyway, just went and updated preference settings so hit me up there on this. Thanks

1 Like

Still says hidden.