Show your home DJ booth - Discussions

Yeah they’re in the same WiFi network :+1:

Not sure why it wasn’t detecting it as a source then :frowning:

pulled the decks out from the Record Player area and dropped them on a 4’x18" wood plank a top a console and added some Chroma COLOR - Decks in the LA Laker Color Scheme

2 Likes

That is one colourful mixer. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think you need some speaker stand covers to match the table. :wink:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Show your home DJ booth

Yeah, you can find them 1 and 2-sided, same stuff

Serato needs an iOS app :wink:

The iPhone works not only like a second screen but also like a touchscreen controller for my Mac mini M1

1 Like

Is that sidecar?

Duet for iOS.

I use it for when I wanna lay down on the couch and wanna run things on my M1 Mac mini from my iPhone/ iPad without standing up and staring at the monitor :wink:

My son wanted a turntable and he wanted one like mine with a str8 arm so I gave him one of my Stanton str8 150s.

So this is what I’m working with now. The sc5000m is standalone on the x600 with dual layer for ch1 and ch2. And the akai amx main out (Which is running Djay pro AI internal mixer mode) is fed to aux 1 on the mixer so I can use timecode with it and take advantage of stems and Abelton link. Oh and it works exactly the same with my iPhone :grin:

Oh and here’s a pic with serato that I tried just because it was convenient. My akai amx unlocked serato and the sc5000M is an accessory, so why not try it out with serato stems. What ■■■■■ is I have to purchase the club kit or dvs upgrade for timecode and then p’n’t for proper key lock :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Good choice. I have one now as well. Ironically, it’s connected to a Model1, along with a Zen Delay unit… Part of a different/alternate rig. Very cool. The reverb sounds great.

1 Like

need something 2,4 ghz based or similar for that. AIAIAI wireless + are the cheapest working option I know for wireless DJing

1 Like

From what I read, the Bose 700’s uses Bluetooth v5.0 with SBC and AAC codecs. From what I’ve been told, SBC and AAC are not as good when it comes to low latency when compared to the aptX or similar codecs that many other companies use. The 700’s supposedly have a latency of around 200ms, which would be obvious to most people when watching a movie.

For Bluetooth v4.0 (and upto v5.3 from 2021), wireless headphones and transmitters that uses one of the aptX codec versions, latency can range from 40 to 150ms (depending on the BT version, the codec version and it’s specs, and any possible signal interference from outside sources).

Unfortunately for the 700’s, even if you bought the newest v5.x transmitter, it still wouldn’t be able to take advantage the lower latency specs that are capable with aptX and A2DP, because it don’t use those codecs, hence the issues you had when you tried to use them as DJ headphones… but, when used for cellphone calls and online Zoom meetings, audio delays as big as 200ms is not a deal breaker for most people.

With that said, affordable v5.0 transmitters and headphones (with an aptX codec) can be found starting around $20 for the transmitter, and around $40+ for a set of headphones or earbuds (from eBay or AliExpress). Just make sure that both of them have the same BT/codecs/specs if you wanted to using it as a Bluetooth DJ setup.

No bluetooth codec is low latency enough and can ever be because of constant channel switching that is part of BT spec.

BT 5.3 improved a lot, but still mediocre and unsufficient for DJ or instrument needs.

3 Likes

I’ve tested aptX low latency before also and can confirm (in my experience at least) it’s not good enough for DJ’ing as it is still out of sync with the monitor. (That was using both aptX headphones and transmitter)

aptX works great for lipsinc’d TV audio I’ve found, probably good for gaming too I would imagine.

I think the TV firmware holds back the picture a few milliseconds to compensate for the audio lag.

Interesting, I would imagine that feature to be device specific and also source dependant.

In my experience the native You Tube app on a 2018 Samsung TV doesn’t have great lip-sync over bluetooth. When using aptX transmitter and headphones it’s greatly improved.

These are MIDI controllers, they have to have to put through probably about 1/10000 of the data rate of audio. it might be way less latency involved, in fact thats likely from what I know about BT codec.

Apparently we have different definitions of fast / lag free. On computer displays, everything below 90 Hz lags to me even in UIs, in games it’s 120 at least I need. consoles all feel laggy to me (due to 60 or even 30 Hz urrrgh and the controllers as well. Just unresponsive)

Same with audio. on everything BT I ever tested there is noticeable latency, 16ms (AIAIAI Wireless +) is imperceptible on audio for me. Since it isnt on video when its much above 10 ms, I was surprised by that.

Lipsync is normally a HDMI feature, die they bring that to BT now? Anyway, if so, that means still it’s probably only fine because of the lip-sync (that measures the latency of the BT device and corrects it).

aptX

It might be specific, depending if theres a standard, I dont know any via BT, just HDMI for External Speaker systems and AVRs.

Im beginning to think the sync probably improved greatly with aptX due to way lower latency, not because it was synced in any way. but the 40 ms of aptX could be good enough for TV. It’s only about 1 frame

Obviously very bad since u got input devices then that (hopefully) dont lag like sh*t. Any interactive experience is basically ruined.

I thought I was in another thread. I missed that it wasn’t the discussion thread so deleted my posts to keep this on-topic.

I had the same thoughts. Moved it here.

The deleted ones could be moved also, but it will mixup the discussion now.