Serato coming to SC6000/M Mid March

I’m also disappointed that they didn’t add them to the other Serato DJ based players but this is a decision that Serato has made. They confirmed that they had no plans to support the older models at the moment. I have seen this confirmed on two occasions from them.

The M1 won’t get any love officially for a while as it’s running on emulation which isn’t ideal for audio software however I’ve heard people are using Serato DJ without too many problems. There has been code in the new MacOS betas that suggest Rosetta 2 could be removed “in some markets” and this could be down to a legal issue as Intel don’t allow anyone to emulate x86 architecture. It’s speculation but plausible. Microsoft hit the same issues with emulating x86 on the ARM Surface tablets and that caused trouble too.

Maybe it won’t come to that but by having a “kill switch” in software to turn off Rosetta 2 could mean that they are expecting it. Then everyone needs to start making ARM versions of apps! I think we are too far away from a re-write of an app like Serato DJ currently, but it will eventually arrive one day… just when.

They started a rewrite about 2 years ago, but not sure the rewrite is for the new architecture though.

Hopefully it is, otherwise that’s a royal clusterfk

1 Like

One it is done it should open up the door to an iPad/mobile version which will be interesting.

Imagine finally being able to run Serato on a Pi

3 Likes

It would open a whole new world of possibilities…

2 Likes