Serato coming to SC6000/M Mid March

Pioneer has actually done this with every All in One that they released. They also did it with their new flagship player, the CDJ3000. Serato coming soon is just something the industry as a whole is used to. Not sure why DJKom is stressed. Denon has not released any info directly from them or InMusic regarding specs or implementation for the LC6000. Not sure how it ended up in this conversation.

Why isn’t it going to Prime 4?

Don’t worry man, I’m not stressed at all.

You’re right Pioneer, Denon, Rane…Etc, they all say their products will be compatible with SDL or Traktor…etc

But Only Denon pushes this pre announcement thing at this level: Do you realize they send a beta version to Mojaxx to make him shoot a preview video of what will come in 2 or 3 weeks !? Then he will do another video of the final version ?? As a traditional Denon customer, this is “acceptable”, but as customer who has never bought a Denon gear (the real target of marketing), this kind of communication cannot be appealing.

Back to the Serato compatible subject, I hope the sc5000/sc5000m will also benefit the moving waveform.

Mojaxx along with anyone on the Beta test already had that Beta in hand. :wink:

2 Likes

I’d really like to see this passed down to the other players/all-in-one units too. I like consistency with everything running a similar OS and while I don’t need moving waveforms, it’s really nice to have to see upcoming loop areas etc.

2 Likes

Mojaxx take on the integration.

2 Likes

I’m talking about the SDJ 2.4.6 beta version not the Engine OS 1.6 beta version :wink:

I am too. :wink:

FANTASTIC! Certified Serato compatibility is exactly what we’ve been waiting for. We will now finally place our orders for SC6000s. Thank you Denon. Now the last piece of puzzle is getting stackable waveforms across separate decks. Do that and you will have nailed it.

3 Likes

Every product shown by Gemini :rofl:

4 Likes

the Serato beta is on 2.5 unfortunately owner of SC5000 don’t have moving waveforms with the current beta.

Is this business decision or a technical limitation?

I think it is Serato decision, virtual dj added full moving waveform to sc5000 players.

3 Likes

ladies and gents

its arrived

3 Likes

Moving Waveforms only on the SC6k’s tho. :frowning:

Have you tried the 5000 with it?

Yepp. Same ole static waveforms and layout.

Ah okay, i see.

Decent enough moving waveforms here on the 6000M.

Think Rane 72, MCX8000 quality, not super buttery like the Engine OS or S11 but accurate.

Button and some touch screen controls.

1 Like

Still not a deal breaker. I have two sc5000’s and one sc6000. Dont really use em with Serato anyway. Just gotta remember when people ask about it in convo to clarify now. :-p

Not sure why Serato chose to only implement it on the 6k tho.

1 Like

Users buy new gear, it looks like 5000s are EoL.

So where is all the hype , excitement, reviews, threads … etc around this release ??? It’s not what “modern marketing” is supposed to create ??? :unamused::unamused::unamused:

All I can see on Denon/Serato social media are complains about Big Sur and M1 compatibility :sweat_smile:

Personally I’m disappointed my SC5000Ms do have the moving waveforms with this SDJ 2.4.6 :frowning: when VDJ 2021 offers a way better integration, we can’t blame Denon for that

1 Like