SC6000's? What's the scoop?

Just got mine (US)! Super impressed. I’m used to only using vinyl so switching to digital is a big leap for me. Love the way the platter responds like a vinyl turntable does on the M series. Was able to get up and running with 3 tracks mixing simultaneously pretty quickly.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Show your home DJ booth

Dam those look so good. Very exciting!

Here’s 3 tracks at once. Towards the end showing off the dual layer feature on the right table (which is looping a sample). https://photos.app.goo.gl/5XL4jrSS3QPmCpwN7

How’s the MIDI sync out to those (Roland?) units behind? All staying locked nicely?

Gents and girls.

My request: Let’s post those shiny new setup photos in the “show your booth” topic.

@Vandetta, I’ve moved yours over if you don’t mind.

1 Like

No prob at all!

1 Like

Mine have arrived! Now the fun starts :smiley:

6 Likes

Enjoy your new players. Gives us all some feedback.

I haven’t tried syncing them with the X1850 yet, too distracted learning about the 6000s. I’ve done plenty of syncing though with Fruity Loops on my PC as well as just directly between the hardware itself and have had no issues. I do the MIDI syncing over USB rather than MIDI cables.

In short, they are fantastic.

I came from a Rekordbox DDJ-RX + Laptop setup and the best media player device I have previously used was a CDJ 900 NXS. The SC6000 beats them both hands down.

First impressions are, its BIG, especially the screen. Its my first Denon DJ product but its so easy to use as everything is where you expect it to be. The touchscreen is great, it just works as you expect, like using an iPad. Its so much fun to use, I just want to be using it all the time.

1 Like

The SC5000 already did that. :relieved:

4 Likes

That’s so cool. Great you got them and are happy with them. Like alot of folk here you’ve been waiting a while for them to land. I can only imagine about the screens as I have a prime 4. To have 2 10inch screens wow thats a lot of screen Estate. Do you have the 1850 mixer as well?

True. I didn’t get the 5000s because I knew I would have gear envy as soon as the 6000s landed. No regrets now

No I didn’t go for the X1850 mixer. I chose a Mastersounds Radius rotary mixer instead. Always wanted a rotary and was looking to make my digital music sound as analogue as possible. The Radius has such a lovely sound.

I feel like I have the best of both worlds: high-tech digital Denons plus analogue Radius.

1 Like

I know, but my 5000’s are 3 years old now, so in my case it was a real upgrade. I thought about selling the 5000’s, but for testing the differences I’ll keep them next to the 6000’s PLUS they’re still great players!

Attic space is a bit of a problem…

1 Like

Don’t take this the wrong way but how was it a real upgrade? The only difference in between your 5 and 6k in terms of DJ performance is a larger screen and a HDD bay. Neither of which is going to give you anything significant that you couldn’t do before. AGAIN, don’t get me wrong, I would love to upgrade to the 6Ks too but I wouldn’t call it a “real upgrade”.

FWIW, I think they did a great job listening to everyone. Making the decks less colorful by blocking the lights and adding a larger screen was very clever. They finally, in my opinion, can shut most CDJ fans up with these decks. Pioneer must be scratching their heads now and if I were them, I would just copy Denon to keep the fan base they already have but in their case, they were charging so much for their CDJs as it was that there might not be any room for increasing the price (for added options) so they have to look at modifying their profit margins now.

@RobFrancis great mixers…do share a mix or pics when you get a chance. I’d love to have one of those mixers around. Enjoy your setup!!

Like I said, been using the 5000’s for 3 years. All the things you mention are what makes it a real upgrade for me. The jog, cue-play and the other buttons, bigger screen, overall lighting and drivebay.

I don’t particularly like upgrades that render the old obsolete, but I understand where you’re getting at. It’s comparable to a new iPhone.

Should it be called update then? I don’t think so. To me it’s not simply a 5000MK2.

I’m glad the upgrade is a choice. You don’t have to buy the 6000’s. EngineOS features will be more or less identical. But isn’t that great?

2 Likes

100%. Pioneer did it to me with the DDJ-SX, they brought the mark II out with additional features such as DVS, and it was only a couple of years old. The fact that (at present) the 6K is just cosmetically better than the 5K, rather than with big add-OBS to it is great for Denon and means I’m not cross with them for bringing out the 6’s.

2 Likes