SC6000 vs. CDJ3000

Déjà vu

4 Likes

Pioneerasaurus is un inspiring dull cheap bootleg trying to hold on to any flame they use to have ,

1 Like

If you advertise on new features and somehow there are failings, not great, but you can bat it away (and people will blame the general build quality). To market your goods on that very build quality only for there to be faults from the outset is poor though.

Alas though, this seems to be the way of the world now with embedded systems in everything, even Apple, that used to be a mainstay for quality ship products that are effectively in late beta rather than final release, and then spend the next year perfecting it.

I think what’s important for Denon is to get onto issues quickly, which over the first two years was definitely not the case!

1 Like

Looks like CDJ3000’s will win the “fail of the year” trophy. Many, many different problems happening on several units. Freezing screens, low usb amperage, faulty jogwheels, link failures, the list goes on. Shame on Pionner and their “durable” propaganda.

4 Likes

Rather similar to all the problems people here have been experiencing with the Prime series then.

5 Likes

Yes, but Pio marketing is based on “sturdiness” and stable units.

6 Likes

Not too mention that sc6000’s are $700 cheaper than the pioneer

1 Like

And zombie testers.

3 Likes

More déjà vu

5 Likes

Did the firmware updated this past weekend fix these issues?

I think it supposedly fixed some of the pressure touch vinyl mode not working right, but a lot of other stuff is still having issues. Strangely resembles Prime’s early troubles.

for which you get 2 decks thanks to the second layer. so if you go by this the price difference is much more significant.

which, given the humble number of new stuff of the cdj, is even more embarrassing.

1 Like

Any product is going to have issues. Honestly these links mostly highlights how good Pioneer is at responding to folks on their forum.

sure but the key is what kind of issues.

they have to. since a major part of the marketing of the new model is based on stability and reliability, issues like these look particularly bad.

2 Likes

My point is less that they have issues at all with the CDJ-3000, but rather the bizarreness of them having many similar issues to Prime’s initial release, including over-sensitive jog bend, jog touch/vinyl mode malfunctions, and grinding of the jog during rotation. I suppose random freezes and reboots aren’t quite specific enough to be particularly strange.

2 Likes

Pioneer is going live on Thursday night about the cdj3000 and talking about making it a series.

Firmware 1.05 seems to have solved some issues, but freezing and jog wheels problems still persists. Looks like they have a ‘bad batch’ of jog wheels with wrong tolerances on vinil touch activation switches

Evidence that these issues are Hard, no matter who is attacking them.

is it just me or is this topic getting old already. I mean who cares anymore…they released the highly anticipated deck, there are really no new features that should make us think about switching and our Denon products can still outperform their new deck.

Put your focus on your investment, your Denon gear.

4 Likes