SC6000 Scratching no reaction...

and like I said in the video. It’s getting much worse with the update to the latest version…

What media is used with the SC6000 SSD, USB Key, SD?

USB and SD card

I had this kind of problem with my P4 with a USB key (Ultra Flair Sandisk 128 go) I then tested a Sandisk Exterme Pro USB key and I really had a different sensitivity it was the day and the night and I even had to reduce the sensitivity in the preferences, afterwards I preferred to integrate a Samsung Serie Pro 850 SSD in 512 GB and with my Prime Go I use a Transcend High Performance 330S V30 U3 128 GB SD card and a Sony Tough 128gb M V60 U3 SDXC II (quality above).

What brand and model are you using? I don’t mind if you’re unlucky on one product, but two is being a black cat! Maybe we are not looking for the problem in the right place???

Thanks a alot for your message. So i tasted it with a lot of diffrent usb sticks and my fastest are the Sandisk Extreme PRO (128 GB, USB Type A, 3.1 and 3.0). SD Cards are also very fast Transcend SDHC 700S 32GB Class 10 UHS-II U3 V90 (SDHC, 32 GB, U3, UHS-II). No diffrence. I also puted in some cheap ones… Same same.

Im totally 100% sure that with the firmware update to 2.2.2. its getting much worse…

Have you tried downgrading the version to 2.1.2 ?

No, but i dont see any reason to do a lot of experiments and spend time in a device with exactly the same problem like the first one. inMusic support only told me 14 days ago to update to the latest one, 2.2.1. thats it. So now with the new device im on 2.2.2. and the same problem.

I’m talking about a version older than 2.1.2, it’s not an experiment, because it won’t affect your library! The update was done with wifi, the installation utility with the computer and the Blue USB3 cable or with a USB key, for my part I prefer installing updates with my mac and the utility installation. Regarding your supports are Exfat and not Fat32?

No i mean an experiment if there is any solution for this problem. This is an experiment and should not be customers try & error, cause im not the only one with this problem, as we can see in this forum. Its no problem because of the libary, cause this is backed up. I tested it with exFat and Fat32. Also with streaming of Tidal and Beatsource.

So I can downgrade and lets see but maybe we all already know the result of it.

Thanks DJ Mell

1 Like

I hope it’s just from the version! Knowing that if there are other cases with the same problem there is a good chance that the problem appeared from version 2.2.0, 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 in this case it will be necessary to insist on doing reassemble this information so that it is corrected as quickly as possible!

Good luck, hoping that 2.1.2 works perfectly, time for a fix.

1 Like

Merci beaucoup🙏. Ill do that and keep ya’ll updated.

1 Like

Still no success, I see. I still think this must be grounding or bad power cable. I don’t expect an older firmware to solve this, but platter response updates are part of the updates.

See my video below. It should react with “the touch of a feather”:

It ■■■■■! The product has been exchanged and the new one has the same problem!

Agreed, but the house is the same and maybe so is the power cable. However, @djscode already tested other houses and cables. And a different unit. I don’t have any other ideas tbh.

I’m not trying to be annoying, but I have 4 SC’s, an LC, a Prime2 and a Mixstream and none of those have platter touch issues (even when they are differently build).

@Anthony_DDJ ideas?

1 Like

For the record I DO occasionally have this happen with my SC6000m. Both of them. I just figured it was the nature of the beast with the slipmats but maybe not? It happens at home and at gigs. It doesn’t happen a lot though and it doesn’t last for more than a second or 5. Again this might just be the nature of the 6000m? But felt it was worth mentioning. Sorry for your troubles @djscode ! Hope you get it worked out!

1 Like

I changed the power cable 3 times now. Yes the house is the same but in this house i played over the last two decades with 1200/1210,CDJ1000, CDJ2000, NXS, DDJ 1000SRT, DDJ XZ and maybe a lot more. Ive never had any problems… And like I said, we in switzerland have all these grounding cables, which you told me I should take. We have no others. Yes i can go into another house, but when this is the case, I would ask myself, what kind of a poor production it must be, when all the other stuff worked in the past.

I think it could be that Thomann ordered 20 pieces of the SC6000 and they all coming from the same factory with exactly this problem… So maybe thats why the new unit is also like the first one…

1 Like

Thanks ScottyB👌. Ill switch back to an older software version, to see, if its better, like I think. If this is really the case, we know a lil bit more. Maybe ill check it in an other house to go 100% sure.

Sorry guys but in all these 20 years, ive never had any troubles with DJ hardware. thats why I cant belive this right now. Thanks for all your help and advises.

1 Like

Good luck! And yeah, I wish everything could just be built in Japan! lol And I wish the rest of the world could soak up some of their work ethic.