Sc6000 discontinued?

It’s my opinion that you’ve been fed some “truth challenged” information, at least once, by the dealer you’re communicating with.

Must be, but certainly Denon wouldn’t say they are no longer producing them if that wasnt the case.

1 Like

Most shops in the U.K. have them in stock right now.

1 Like

Understood. In stock and in production is a bit different. You can have 500 units built in year 2000 still in stock. However that doesn’t mean or imply that they are new 2023 models, recently manufactured. Otoh, not building new models does have certain implications to it. My toyota dealer still has 2023 trucks in stock, which arent being made anymore. They are building and launching the 2024 however. The last “new” (but actually open box) unit i received was a year 2000 build, still with the original $2999.99 price tag on the box (im in usa)

If InMusic have built enough of a unit to meet sales for the next few years then great. Whether they make 50.000 now… or a 1000 a month for the next 50 months doesn’t really matter, so long as the latest firmware gets popped into each batch before distribution.

Sure it’s might be bit different with the Prime Go, as there’s a battery with a certain shelf life, but no performance battery in the 6000

Sweetwaters says the same, discontinued product. Not allowed to post a picture or link due to some rules.

You should be able to find one in the US, but supply does look limited. Even when they say “in stock”, I’d make sure with a human. Spot check of US-centric stores for SC6000:

2 Likes

Production for the Sc6000/M models has already ceased awhile ago and the replacements are already been being manufactured.

We should see the replacement models rolling out soon and if I were to make a prediction then I would say that it will mostly be released when Denon can present the new product with the stems feature.

Hopefully the replacement product has a little more than just the Amazon drm chip update.

Hope so too. Better waveforms, faster analyzing and jog wheel tension system could be better. Not a fan of the plastic rubberized buttons but that’s minor.

I’m not optimistic on this. We made fun of Pioneer for “limited” editions in different colors but Denon is just pulling the same shaite.

Amazon better be paying them milions for doing this.

2 Likes

You speak as if you know for a fact lol. Do you work for Denon?

1 Like

I highly doubt that after all it would not make any business sense for Denon to do that when the current sc6000s/,'s have not yet reached the full capabilities of what they can do, the fact the sc5000’s are still being supported reflects the longevity of the products in terms of the software, the sc6000/m is the standard going forward as far as Denon is concerned I cannot see a need for a larger screen or bigger jog wheels, more horse power under the hood is the only reason for Denon to make new players at this time but it is clear with the right tweaking the current units can handle it. I predict it will be at least another 18 months before there is talk of new players being released and it could be even longer than that depending on how much further the Engine software is pushed. I do not work for Denon so this is all speculation on my part.

I bought my 5000m when it first came out and was discontinued nearly 2 years after and replaced by the 6000m model. The 5000m is, at this time, is on par with the 6000m.

Retailers are the best thermometer to determine when a product will be eol’d.

Take a look at old faithful for good predictions Denon Products at Long & McQuade Canada

Where’s the 6000m? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The same thing happened when the prime4 was discontinued. The product was simply removed like it never existed and two months later you get a Prime4+

Soon we’ll see 6000/M+ in about 2-3 months.

I’ve been doing business with long and mcquade for 25 years and I know how products come in and out.

1 Like

I’m in the UK and there is no such mention of the sc6000’s being discontinued the Prime 4 if i recall came out in 2019 I think or at least that is when i recall 1st seeing it the prime 4+ only came out this year so the prime 4 had a life span of 4 years I think that is acceptable. The exception would be the Prime 2 which seemed to be discontinued abruptly.

Unless Denon themselves states the product has been discontinued then i would take with a pinch of salt, supply chains are still an issue as I understand. As I stated in my view it does not make sense for Denon to release new flagship players any time soon (unless they can offer clear superior features), and assuming this were the case it goes against what Denon stated when promoting the SC6000’s about future proofing the product, my stance has been the battle is about software not hardware, Denon made a product to compete with Pioneer aethetically as some people did not like the Fisher Price looking SC5000s (myself included) and the sleek look of the Sc6000 is much better in my view so no need to change it.

With the addition of the sampler, touch effects and stems (eventually) to the existing line what would new media player offer? Based on what i have read on the forum the majority seem to want stability and software updates not new hardware.

If there is to be new hardware maybe a trimmed down version like sc live media player (smaller jogs smaller screen) but even then it could be competing with the LC 6000s as there would not be too much difference in price maybe £200 again pure speculation.

Denon will state discontinuation only after the new replacement products are released just like they always have.

The icing on the cake is here Denon SC6000M PRIME DJ Player With 8.5'' Motorized Platter And 10.1'' Touchscreen | Long & McQuade

But then its in stock at pretty much every single UK retailer.

The product is no longer in production while the updated units are already in production is what I’m saying. When long and mcquade disappears a product and puts the product page in the archives the chances of it being discontinued is 100%. You are not even given the option to order it because they don’t restock with discontinued products.

I made this post in this thread on March 8 about the same thing happening to the prime4 here Sc6000 discontinued? - #13 by Wyley1

Just showing how old faithful works.

As Stu said the UK retailers are still stocking and selling the sc6000s. So it remains unclear I am not sure what the new players would offer at this time other than being more powerful but for what purpose.

I used to work for long and mcquade btw. Anyways I was going through the long & mcquade catalogue and I found out what my next purchase will be.

Do you think it’s a good deal?

Rane four for $579 cad :joy:

Are any of your retailers are big enough to produce catalogues on paper to mail out?

2 Likes

Hi everyone. SC6000 is not discontinued. : )

1 Like