SC LIVE 2 & 4 (Leak)

I started watching the Hype Beast vid thinking OH SNAP! Denon step changed the game, a Prime 7 with Motorized platters and 4 channels but… it’s just a wimpier Prime 4, not even bigger platters. What’s the Point, Amazon music access? I mean C’Mon what Dj does not have a set of speakers. Not trying to hate but… they set expectations high.

2 Likes

Everyone on here complaining about how it’ll perform at gigs. This is an entry level piece of kit aimed at bedroom deejays.

Be happy that new hardware is in the pipeline and that the heart is still beating.

Of course, the XZ was also aimed for bedroom deejays, and that thing ended up everywhere annoyingly.

3 Likes

So I guess the onbaord EFX are going to be selectable (or at least viewable) via the screen? IDK, I am a little intrigued to see all the features for this (Live4) thing, and look forward to 11/1 to get the full details. Not that I’m gonna’ get one for myself, but I may consider one for my nephew.

1 Like

Which has benefits:

1. less heat being produced inside the unit casing

2. easier to swap out if it blows/fails

3. less weight for the actual unit (a game laptop makers have been playing for years)

But, on the downside, an external power supply can be left behind, if someone’s not careful.

2 Likes

But still easy to replace if lost/needed.

2 Likes

I mean the price is quite good if we look at the market right now. You need some Denon entry players to get the people started. Best way is to get people to Denon on a entry base. Eventually when they get more advanced they stick with Denon and get the real players. But as it seems right now the already advanced djs want to stay with Pioneer (due to club standard thing) Denon needs to make money. These to players are a pretty solid answer for the entry mass market. We all profit from a Denon company who actually can make money and finance there operations. No real successor of the prime but probably not the target group. And with a price of 2400 EUR the prime 4 is not entry market anymore.

5 Likes

It may be possible that a new major software update could come on November 1st, when the new devices are released?

1 Like

For me it looks like a win for Denon - my personal opinion is:

• its not ‘pro level’ gear - so some hardware limitations noted are not so important;
  • moving away from the ‘serato layout’ to a PIO (X1850 ?) layout is nice helps with muscle memory when playing on higher spec gear, be Pio or Denon.
  • speakers are a nice feature. Hey, it’s not pro-focused gear. Having speakers is nice for people practising at home, or having fun with friends.

In fact, some entry level gear both from Pio and Denon are so good nowadays that many people confuses entry level with pro gear.

Lots of people uses Prime Go on (big) events and are whining about it’s limitations, but hey - it’s not pro-focused gear - The same may be happening now.

13 Likes

Since when have $1500 controllers been entry level? :man_shrugging:

Now a DJ2GO - that’s entry level. Numark Party Mix etc.

1 Like

Not cheap for sure, but for a full standalone unit with many features and speakers, this may be considered ‘entry level’ price - A RX3 is over US$ 2K so…

2 Likes

I don’t really see why they’ve made a 4 channel version

Typically when I’m DJing with a 4 channel controller, I’ll only use really use two channels. I’ll have external sources on the other two channels, maybe a back up source on one of the extra channels, & if it’s a corporate, a clients lappy playing video to the venues screens & audio via the final channel.

…which I wouldn’t be able to do with this, as the main channels don’t have line level inputs.

So it’s an entry level controller (rather than a pro machine). But as @PKtheDJ has mentioned above, …at a pro machine price.

There’s two ways to look at it, My first pair of crappy belt drives, mixer, needles, and cables was $600. Adjusted for inflation, that’s $1100 for kit that didnt even have EQ.

For a controller with a similar set of available controls and outputs, you’re looking at the Hercules impulse 500 for $299 and decent tablet or laptop for $4-600, landing you in the $7-900 range with no fx controls and no jog display.

Now we can look at the standalone options.

Numark Mixtrack $699

Prime Go $999

XDJ RR $1049

Prime 2 $1499

Prime 4 $1899

XDJ RX3 $2099

XDJ700’s with DJM450 $ $2200

XDJ XZ $2499

1 Like

There are inputs on the back on the 4 channel version? And it looks like an earth screw for turntables too.

Are you sure?

Looking at a very low rez screen grab from the video (paused at approx 2:16), it looks like;

Mic (xlr for mic 1 & trs for mic 2) / A switch (mic2 to aux?) / Main XLR’s / Main RCA’s / Booth trs / SD card / USB’s / Power switch / power socket

Ah yeah my mistake, I saw balanced outs then forgot that there are usually RCA out too haha, carry on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all :slight_smile:

Here is some better image i found on the internet.

Have fun and enjoy the photos … the name of the products is and should be on the Denon DJ SC Live 4 is SCLIVE4XUS and the SC 2 Live is SCLIVE2XUS

3 Likes

I’d be over the moon if that was my first foray into DJ equipment tbh, looks sleek, nice jog wheel screens with plenty of info.

Puts my citronic floppy decks and awful mixer with BPM counters to shame haha.

2 Likes

Look lots better than the horrible color on the prime 2 & 4 It’s more enjoyable with the SC6000

Don’t understand the screen reduction tho And why the vu meter are so small ??

These will sit below the current prime models as more beginner items, not replacements, that’s why there are some reduced features.

3 Likes