SC LIVE 2 & 4 (Leak)

Exactly! And also a more X Series layout to try and get people into that for their upgrade when they want to move up. Even though I hate that layout for engaging FX. Paddles people, paddles! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Paddles are great though, EFX-500 had them 20 years back and it was great… and my new Numark controller has them and also great.

I want a DDJ-SP with paddles.

1 Like

ohh I like the TIME & BPM info in the players centre screen, hope that makes its way onto SC6000

BTW I think theres more Hi End prime stuff to come

2 Likes

It’s an entry level standalone set. Yeah 1500 but other options are on the same price range or even above. Still a lot of money. But prime 4 are at a price of 2500 euro so this might be cheaper :smile:

1 Like

i was very tempted to get a p4 instead (however got the go ultimately) the p4 layout is different to the x1850 which im more accustomed to. So happy the layout is more akin to the x1850.

Having also bought the mixstream pro i personally don’t need either of these two players but the sc4 would likely be the one i would go for.

The speakers on the mixstream are decent it would be poor from denon to include worse sounding speakers than the mixstream they would need to be the same or better. Having on board speakers is great because it gives you more reason to use the decks i used the mixstream at friends houses to play back ground music whilst getting a little practice in.

Unlike some of the features Pioneer came up with for the Flx6 as an example onboard speakers is innovative and practical but equally you don’t have to use them.

Not sure why people are unhappy its a smart move from Denon to get new and hobbyist djs into the eco system. It is suggestive that there is more to come, the p4/p2 were based off the sc5000 aesthetic with the exception of the LEDs these new players are more in-keeping with the look of the sc6000s.

Dont forget the RR from Pioneer only had 4 pads as well and could be considered entry level by pioneers standards.

People need to see the bigger picture here.

These players are not intended to be used in big clubs or festivals, they are a more premium mix-stream pro denon really didnt need to make a 2 channel version as the mixstream serves that purpose and the sc4 would have been enough but hey ho two new players. :pray:t5:

5 Likes

Nb : own a P Go, a P4 and sc/lc 6000.

Hi, just bought a Rx3 Pioneer. Kept it 3 days, sold it… It’s a plastic device, not user friendly, with plenty of bugs (pad not responding well, sound quality, capacitive screen, pitch too light, screen bugs, can’t see artist name with title and bpm and key at the same time…) You need to use a computer with it.

I don’t understand why People still buy Pioneer products anymore… old tech products. I know it is the club standard… please clib owners, evolve !

So this new Denon devices are cheap : sc live 2 at 1200$ vs Pioneer rx3 at 2100$ !

4 Likes

Absolutely Agree with you. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Screen reduction? ■■■? 7 inch screen is absolutely world Standard on any standalone systems (PrimeGO, Prime2, Mixstream) and all Pioneer standalone systems ( XDJ RX, RX2. RR, XZ) Or CDJ700, CDJ2000Nexus2 (still “club standard”). Even the most popular and best-selling DJ single player of all time, the CDJ2000Nexus, only has a 6.7 inch screen!

10 inch Screen is above standard. All standalone systems or single players that have a 10-inch screen, are priced above 2000$. You don’t need a screen the size of an average TV to put on a quality DJ performance!

6 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: The correct look of these new Live series products

What do all of those units have in common? None of them have to show data for 4 channels! Straight up, a 7" screen for 4 Channels is too small!! One would need a magnifying glass to sort out all the pertinent info when mixing 4 full channels. On the Live_2…sure, no problem.

That really depends. If you only have a few playlists containing 200 tracks, for a 1 hour set, I agree. Probably you are so well prepared that you won’t even have to look for tracks. But if you play all-nighters covering a myriad of genres, you quickly will have a collection of 20.000 tracks, spread across dozens of playlists. Those sets aren’t prepared. The more screen real estate you have to navigate through this, the quicker you’ll find your next track.

Regarding Pioneers screen size, being industry standaard, I havent seen many allround DJs use a USB stick. Most of them hook up their laptop…

My gut feeling is that these are perfectly welcome devices for Denon to continue to grow the Engine brand and family of products. As a mostly full on (sorry guys the DJM-S11 mixer is too good) Denon Engine Prime user, the more options a customer has to get into the ecosystem, the better. And it needs that. The Pioneer hold on the market is real and it needs to be challenged. Options are good, for everyone. There’s always more coming, so don’t worry. : )

2 Likes

Make me excited to see the prime 2 and 4 updates. Should be coming soon.

2 Likes

I agree. My main library in crates is about 32,000 songs. Obviously, ill never play them all in a night, but they need to be easily accessible in order to flow on the fly.

Atomix have just uploaded a screen skin for the SC Live 2…

1 Like

Man the wheels are coming off aren’t they! lol

I would not say mixstream already serves the purpose and live2 is not needed. You can’t add or change cue points through mixstream’s hardware. This aspect made mixstream a no go for many I guess. And dunno if its true, put people cant change tags through prime series hardware. Getting organised on the fly is cruical if you really want to go multigenre, basically “wedding dj”. Often I’d have to listen a track long time to find the right tag for it, but then go and do that in computer?

I don’t understand this quote. Could you explain what you mean by this?

1 Like

In the video it says it will be out on november 1st. So far nothing happened. But if you google “sclive4xus” or “sclive2xus” then you find a page that you normally don’t get to via the denon page.

Is that on purpose? Is this offical?

DigitalDJTips in the live chat on their stream said wait til tomorrow… so I’m guessing tomorrow is the reveal.