Sample on the pads & Lighting

There’s a really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really important feature which I realise is desperately needed when I read what’s being said by the main troll….

• it’s a MUST HAVE feature
  • it’s easy to add
  • it’s something every real DJ needs every day
  • it’s truly an essential thing

ITS PARAGRAPHS !!!

1 Like

If You use something like that in the venues, that I play, this is instant kick out. No cheese on Techno events! You lose more than You can gain.

You mean you don’t have airhorn blowing out at the end of every phrase, im disappointed Riser :wink:

2 Likes

Im confused with the whole episode, on this thread they are bragging about 40 years experience, yet on the other demanding auto gain because they can’t keep 2 tracks on the same level, all whilst not knowing the difference between DJ software and hardware firmware.

3 Likes

The airhorn, especially when stuttered, was cheesy even before it was used by the DJ in a Spiderman movie.

1 Like

Who was it that added the airhorn button? was that Pioneer to a Serato controller iirc?

And yeah, i can safely say one of those has never appeared in a single DJ set of mine, ill stick to my SImon - Free at Last door burst effect:)

For my part… I use my little Akaï MPC One to add acapella in certain music of the Electro, House, Techno genre, to fill in the extended versions (Obviously… I don’t do it in any type evening, because a majority of customers prefer to hear the original soundtracks… Unfortunately, they are not open to the bootleg) and YES I have you too, that I use an occasional siren type intro sound, in order to give the alert at 2/3am that we are playing on more advanced music. (Thank you… for not throwing stones at me! lol)

The first software to introduce typical sounds: siren, scratch, Waouh… was VDJ in the 90s.

1 Like

Im not against textures and effects being added as samples at all, its a great mixing technique… just not those cheesy one shots… ‘D D D D D DJ STU-Preme’ sort of nonsense:)

Greg Wilson uses a reel 2 reel tape player to layer them over his sets, and it sounds great.

1 Like