Sample on the pads & Lighting

Well if that’s the case they should have made it upgradable so it could be done. But I think it can still be done without what your saying has to be done. I’m not saying the prime 4 is not awesome because it is but like any other controller out there they rush it to market without a lot of important things in it and if there going to do that they should be thinking ahead and make sure it can be upgraded to do these things when every DJ out there runs lighting and most DJ’s use DJ drops or drops with the name of the place they play frequently and to add all these things to a mobile unit is not easy to do if it was a studio set up sure not a problem at all but in a mobile application it needs more in my opinion. Plus some just said samples can somehow be done on the prime 4 but I have read the manual 4 times and see nothing regarding this so if anyone knows how to load rename and add to pads please let me know I would be interested to see how this is possible thanks

You don’t add the samples to the pads you add them to the two decks not in use.So if you’re mixing between decks one and two decks three and four could be your sample decks. For the samples on those decks just pick out a few hot cues you want to sample. Load those songs and sample it in with the two decks you’re mixing with. I do hope Denon will someday release a sample effects mixer where you can add many samples at a time and change the parameters of them. However since there’s no MIDI out on the denon prime 4 the samples probably would not keep in sync and eventually drift off.

Thanks for that I use it more for DJ drops myself more than anything of the repeat places I play so I wouldn’t need to worry about it drifting off in my case but I can’t really see why if you can map them so to speak to the other 2 decks why they couldn’t do something like serato does but do it on the touch screen which I think in this case because of how this unit works would be better on the touch screen however if it can be don on the pads great but with all the options this unit has there has got to be a way to get it done.

Do they? Did you check? I seriously doubt you asked every single DJ on the planet, and they all said yes.

Please don’t exaggerate.

Do they? Again with the exaggeration. I’ve been a DJ for decades, and seen a great many other DJs over the years. I wouldn’t even need one hand to count the number of DJs I’ve seen use drops.

Of course there’s nothing in the manual about samples - because it doesn’t have a sampler. That doesn’t mean it’s not possible to improvise.

1 Like

“Every” DJ needs speakers. How could they call the prime 4 standalone without any speakers built into it - they must add speakers to the prime4 in the very next firmware update. Should be easy enough.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

He forgot to ask me. I don’t use drops and any of our members of the booking agency also does not use. We think it’s corny and masks bad mixing…

Whatever dude I’m done messing with people that have no idea what there talking about. And if you don’t know how to market yourself to make way more money using drops that’s on you. All I’m saying is the prime 4 could be the only true stand alone unit with a few minor updates and they chose not to do it which is the track record for Numark denon Marq lighiting all under in music brands they make something great and then stop supporting it stop making updates it really stupid. Although I have been impressed with the amount of updates for the prime 4 but I’m sure it will revert back to the way they always are once they make something else all the focus will go to that and this will be a memory super fast as they always do. I hope I’m wrong but on 40 years it’s always been that way a little extra effort on the prime 4 and it would be the absolutely best on the market bar none!

Playing any drops in the venues where I play is a number one way to get You off the dj booth. Way the dj advertises himself here is skill and music selection, not corny samples. Prime 4 is capable of many things, a lot of things that for other devices is not achievable without a computer. Does anything else out there need a computer to analyse tracks? Yes! Does anything else there needs a computer to have 3 independent effects? Yes! Do you need a computer to play 4 decks out of any other dj all in one? Yes again! And the list goes on! So the prime 4 is a standalone, very good designed device, and like every device in the world will have it’s limits too.

And like I also said but you forgot to address is if there would have waited a instead of rushing it out there it could have been the only controller on the world to do everything you need without a computer this is Numark and denons track record for years once something is out and there on to the “next best thing” they stop all support into the unit and focus 100% on the new stuff and let everything else fall to the weigh side. DJ drops if professionally down sound great and clients love hearing there name during there events both by me and in some drop custom down around there business or event I have been doing this for more than 30 years and 15 years in radio I focus more on quality of sound and professionalism than any one so don’t tell me about corny sounding anything or quality I know what I’m doing and this is why I get top dollar over any other DJ’s out there when I play out and since adding custom drops for my clients I make even more money now than ever before. There are reviews on this p4 that are questioning and asking “why no sampler saying it’s 2020 where is the on board sampler in this unit” just like I said before I’m not the only one asking where’s the onboard sampler the P4 is a powerhouse unit yes but it’s missing key features that the unit should have launched with and it’s a year later and still all the talk from various reviews and other DJ’s and still nothing and running a DJ drop from the #3 or #4 deck is ok but not a great way to do it cuz it. An be confusing when using all 4 decks just get a damn sampler in the unit already there are still at least 2 or 3 spots available on the pads to do it or it can be added to the touch screen also people are asking to have there software able to be downloaded into the p4 which of you put in a large ssd which I am should be able to be done as well for back up purposes so again no computer at all would be needed. This is what all controller makers are missing it is to be used by itself and not one controller out there yet can say that it can do that all by itself and that is exactly what denon should have done here.

Begging in more than one thread won’t make a litre hold a gallon

I wasn’t I was just answering back to the people that responded to me like I said I am still purchasing the prime 4 however I think with a little more insight in this unit it could be the absolutely best “stand alone” unit on the market with the improvements I spoke of. I also know on dealing with Numark/denon now in music brands for years they always put out products and then stop all support I e the Numark ms 7III it is there flagship unit and you can’t even find it on the website anymore unless you search for it. Mixmeister fusion a 400 dollar program they put nothing into again a product they could be the best of its kind with a few tweets and updates to 2020 but they refuse to do it after we spend all this money on any product you would expect the support behind it right? I am a professional DJ for more that 30 years my tile on the field is worth giving you my suggestions for future updates and that is all I am doing here. But to ask me to go out and spend even more on sound switch and an internal flash drive those are my choices but to tell me this info can’t do samples/DJ drops without an outside source is ridiculous. It would take 2 simple firmware updates and then this would be a true stand alone you would need nothing extra for so why not do it and be the first to really be stand alone on all aspects of the power behind this unit.?

There is a live feature request thread for this feature.

You can vote for it by using the :purple_heart: :heart: :purple_heart: on the first post on the thread.

Welcome to the forums.

There is a search box to check if any features you’d like are already requested

Whilst that may have been true in the past, its a different company now. The MCX8000 which they inherited got updated (i was surprised as well)

1 Like

You missed the information on how playback of samples / drops is achieved - was it on this thread or one of your other threads about the same thing?

Save 8 DJ drops into a track and load that track onto any of your layers. Set cues for each drop and use the pads to play the drops. I’ve done this with 8 drums from several major drum kits and machines.

This is great as you can have full channel playback control like eq , looping , volume , effects , sweeps, cross fader, cutting/juggling more than a mere sampler button

That’s all available now and has been a much shared weapon in the prime arsenal since posts on the prime began it seems.

1 Like

That’s great if it works but how do you do it where can I go read about this with specific instructions on how to keep DJ drops or samples on the pads without them being erased once you load a new track. I have reviewed the manual for the prime 4 and there is nothing there that talks about this. Please let me know thanks for the update. This is in stand alone mode by the way correct not using serato right?

Yes - stand alone mode . It’s easy - load the samples track onto any spare deck / layer - prime gives you 4 decks / layers

It’s easy and extremely effective for anyone who isn’t trying to deliberately derail the idea

You could load sample tracks to deck layer 4 example. Then play the night loading tracks into decks 1 2 and 3 all night and always have your samples ready on deck 4 pads

There is also a great idea about making more than one sample tracks and have a whole playlist of samples that can be on the sub layers. Just spin two tracks as usually and have 16 samples ready under that. Need different sample pack, just change one of them by taking another sample track from the sample playlist and you are good to go again.

1 Like

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Dude, you don’t even know the difference between a controller and a standalone console…

1 Like

Yes I do I totally do and I’m saying it’s a great unit but it could have been the best unit if they would have made it not rely on a computer for anything at all

Well then your missing a lot of money if I play a place frequently I charge them for the drops with there name on them and it’s a great up charge and they seem to love hearing there name while I’m spinning there to bad you never though of that. It actually makes the mix better but since you never use them I guess you have no idea and how every DJ uses them is different so maybe you haven’t figured out the right way to use them to enhance your mix instead of making them sound bad as you say they do. Let me give you some advice for a DJ with over 40 years on the business and over 15 years in Radio TRY AGAIN!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Comedy Value.