[RESOLVED] Deck 2 Platter Locked (no playback) After Updating to v1.5.2

I don’t think they are blocking, but they aren’t responding. No one is home to address the major issues with the equipment. We all have to keep working with the situation we have, and development is tough right now. However, we are well overdue for at least an acknowledgement that this is still an issue and still has no fix timeline, as well as an apology, it would go a long way. I get it that they will not give us an idea of when a release is coming, due to company policy, but I will tell you, Denon has lost a fan and a customer.

But, this has nothing to do with the base functionality of the all in one players. Who cares about the OS of a computer in this regard?

This happened to me (again) yesterday… Hopefully, i was at home !

I turned off the unit and go for a coffee… :rage:

I have the same problem after update 1.5.2 Had already 2 lockups of deck 2 in like 6 hours. Second time i made video : (cant post as a new user, search youtube for „denon prime lockup deck 2“)

How to fix ? Device is unusable in current state! Horrrooooooor!

(I tried disable/enable vinyl mode, does absolutely not help, look video) How the holy f+++ does this go live unnoticed?!? Duuuuudes!! Dwnon, pleeeaaase.

When you e-mail or call Apple or your cell phone carriers do they do just have answers about when an update is coming??? NO! These almost trillion-dollar companies can pump out updates faster, that is a given. But, you will hear silence from them if you ask them, other than a warranty fix/replacement.

Pioneer released the CDJ3000s with lots of issues AND decided to charge a subscription for their latest native software. I have had unique issues with my SC6000’s that others have experienced and others have had unique issues I never had.

This goes for software (bug tickets), vehicles (recalls), etc… These are billion-dollar companies that get it wrong ALOT.

You guys need to chill and be patient, if not then do what is right for you.

1 Like

Dude this is a device lockup issue!! At least they could send an email to every registered user and make older upgrades visibly available to downgrade - you know - to avoid failed parties, frustration deluxe to customers ? ■■■. I feel cheated.

1 Like

@Reese Is there a way to downgrade? I know I have seen others be able to do so.

Yes. But do i go an a journey now ? Understand the problem? I mean dude, noe no offense please! Tis a complicated and expensive device. I have to trust the devs what they do. This caused major annoyance!

edit: im trying right now playing mp3 with vinyl mode absolutely turned off. No problems so far. Will report back.

I found another bug. Happened 2 times. You load track to right and i tloads the same track from the left, instead the chosen. Ver funny :joy_cat:

Indeed annoying. Can you upload a video of the problem?

Or you mean the left side mp3 load to right deck ? Sorry thats too spontaneous. I just happens and then the identical track is on the right deck. Trust me. It happens. Once in 200 or so.

edit: no right side lockup with vinyl mode off in 2-3hours. But had the left side track to right side load bug. Will try more when time.

Deck 2 Platter Locked (no playback) After Updating to v1.5.2 - SMART CONSOLES / PRIME GO - Official Denon DJ Forum

2 Likes

Here is what I think: I would not throw stones at Denon, the reason is that the right time is sometimes lacking! Why the good time ??? By what they share with us new functionality with public beta versions, namely that it is not obligatory, with that also adds new particular request coming from the part of user additions of functions and other. … and there unfortunately is added COVID, we do not know the number of people from the development team who will be infected or not or contact case who are obliged to stay at home and under what working conditions they have and what are the materials provided and do they have access to the same as when they worked in the premises (Denon), it’s hard to tell everyone about this kind of situation (in addition we had the holiday season end of year). Denon should keep the new features secret by not sharing them with beta versions because users will not be happy because official updates will be too spaced out. The priority should be the stability fixes even if it means temporarily abandoning the new functionalities and if necessary leaving them more regularly and the additional options and functionalities with delays of 6 to 12 months when they are possible to be carried out on the different products and It will be good if the Denon team are objective on the various requests for additions of functionality that users would like by saying yes it is possible or not it will not be, so as not to give false hope.

Its just unprofessional to push updates then. W. T. F. am i dealing with here? Really? Why? Btw thanks reese, . Thats helpful. Will get into it. … … Really thanks, but it ■■■■■.

2 Likes

@DJ_Bloom Completely understand, hopefully, the link @Reese provided will ease your mind in the meantime. I am confident Denon is working hard to correct these issues. They are saying 1.6 should patch a lot of issues. Hang in there!

2 Likes

Man, the problem lies in this deafening silence! It bothers me personally that no one deigns to give us an answer! I understand that there can be a mistake. But I remind you that they have already released 2 updates. So they didn’t take the necessary tests first? On what basis did they release these updates? And this constant hiding behind the pandemic has got a little tired. That’s enough! They are not the only ones working in this period! Other software companies (who don’t have the billions of dollars you say) have released 2/3 updates in this period!

You make a good point. Again, I am not saying it is acceptable. What I am saying is they are NOTA A software company. They are a hardware company first. As other veterans here have mentioned, this IS a problem, but this is not the problem for everyone. It seems that way because most people come here to report an issue. But, there are thousands out there who are not experiencing the same thing. Keep that in mind. Also, 1.6 is dropping any moment now.

vandetta, I don’t think there are thousands of these units without any problem. to be honest, I don’t think thousands of units have been sold. but even if that were the case, Denon has the sacrosanct duty to answer even if the problem lies with only one person! I think there is nothing to add on this. as for 1.6, it has been over 2 months since a moderator said she was ready and they had fixed the problem. I doubt about it. can i have them?

Hi All,

Engine 1.6 is now available for both Engine PRIME and all Engine OS devices. This update addresses the platter issue some users have been experiencing with the PRIME GO.

We hope you enjoy the latest features and improvements.

More info below.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/engine-1-6-available-now-dropbox-beatsource-link-flexible-beat-grids-stacked-waveforms-more/29868/3

7 Likes

Holy moly… that was quite the wait… hope this does actually fix things :slight_smile:

:boom: :love_you_gesture: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like