[RESOLVED] Deck 2 Platter Locked (no playback) After Updating to v1.5.2

I had the same issue once with the new 1.5.2 version, but after restart it worked so :man_shrugging:t2:.

Right deck freezed twice already tonight, I have a streaming show at 8. Really hope you have a fix for this soon.

Twice in one night? Gosh, Denon, fix this, ASAP please, I now have pared down to just this unit for DJing, if I had this happen mid set live, I don’t know what I would do.

Not used my Prime Go in over six month because of this… cannot risk being made to look like a fool because of faulty software… six months… six… long… long… months…

2 Likes

@logik1 I hear you, what other kind of gear do you have?

1 Like

Denon recommends reverting to firmware 1.4 to address this issue. However logik1 also I am terrified that I can be blocked during a live. Of course, spending, in my case, € 1,100 to keep it in the bag is not the best! Should we have been careful in this too when purchasing? Has anyone read in the features “unreliable product - crashes” ???

1 Like

I have a Pioneer DDJ RZX hooked up to Virtual DJ… I’ve had multiple problems with VDJ too and they were worked out and promptly fixed over a number of days on the VDJ forums… updates a plenty… somehow we are left waiting 6 months for a fix for this from InMusic.

This issue persisting for this long is nothing short of a disgrace… I do have the 1.4 firmware… I guess I’ll try downgrading… has anybody confirmed that a downgrade actually fixes this?

I also don’t understand the logic of keeping back a potential fix? what’s wrong with backporting that to the last released firmware and releasing that as an interim version?

Same issue happened to me on 3 occasions I have played out. As soon as this has been rectified mine will go on sale. Great unit if it was reliable. As I have morals I can’t even sell as I’d just be passing on the issue to the next person. Can’t believe there is still no fix :frowning:

1 Like

Every Denon product I have purchased has had to have four or five updates to finally work correctly. In my opinion this is the number one reason Denon has always played second fiddle to the competition

1 Like

Goodmorning everyone! Are there any news regarding the update? it’s amazing that Denon hasn’t done something yet to make this unit reliable. I am speechless … I have never had to wait more than 6 months for the resolution of such a serious problem!

Its an absolute joke aint it, that’s my last bit of Denon gear ill be buying, shame cos feels like nice gear but as everyone for years has said…bad support! Very unlikely this will get fixed…if you still can…return the kit!

It’s unbelievable this silence from Denon, at this point I think we have to stop talking and start a class action all together, to be refunded.

2 Likes

I have to agree. So many people with the same issue. Were nearly getting to 6 months. Maybe they have a few things to iron out such as Big Sur. Even still with a new dev team who can work from home i think they are really slow with this update.

1 Like

Agree it’s extremely strange how quiet this has gotten. 56 days ago a Denon admin @JWiLL said that they had identified the problem and have a fix.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/fix-in-progress-prime-go-right-deck-wont-play-after-loading-song/25094/38

Thankfully this has only happened to me a few times and not when I have been recording a mix. It’s really concerning though that such a fatal flaw can exist for so long without a resolution.

Theorie, two months ago JWiLL wrote that they had identified the problem and solved it. I just have a doubt … but are you sure it has been fixed or was that post written just to make us feel good? Two months are honestly too long and I remember it again, in the post it was written that the problem had been solved! I do not believe!

It does seem that the more OSX releases are mentioned, the slower the prime firmware releases and engine prime updates become.

It’s because they don’t care. They have your money, and my money, and they don’t gain any more money by fixing what they released. They only gain more money when people who bought their equipment in the past say to themselves " hey, the old (1 year old) kit doesn’t work, I have to buy the new equipment to work". Which is foolish. InMusic has killed the Denon brand, they killed the Akai brand with the Force, they are killing the Rane brand. It’s a conglomerate that cares about profit alone, not the user.

Also, last dollar that InMusic sees from me. I’m done with this.

1 Like

And still their only concern is streaming. I read today about the 3 month giveaway on soundcloud. But what is not clear in denon that all these things, beautiful for heaven’s sake, are useless when you do not have a reliable unit. Denon, wake up !!! People got tired of your inefficiency! Did you understand that we are unsatisfied customers? Do you read that many want to give back the console? Wake Up!!! But where did the forum staff go? Have they disappeared? are they reading something of this thread or are they just closing and blocking?